More appropriate times of day???

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
More appropriate times of day???

Post by Imthedci » December 11th, 2012, 2:59 pm

•Several Battle Pets now appear during times of day more appropriate to their ecology.
Noticed this in the new patch notes and it stood out (to me). Anyone want to take a guess what pets will be affected by this... and what exactly they're talking about?

:?

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: More appropriate times of day???

Post by Sesamee » December 11th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Maybe Snowy Owls spawning at night only? Or very rarely during the day? Maybe other animals like rabbits or squirrels will only spawn during the day? Restless shadelings spawning around dusk to better match "early morning" rather than midnight?

IDK, that's my best guess.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 11th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Maybe mystical creatures like Minfernals will never spawn again?
Not that this would be a change from the previous spawning situation...
:roll:

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » December 12th, 2012, 11:03 am

What times ARE Restless Shadelings spawning now? I am not a morning person, but midnight is very do-able.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 12th, 2012, 11:21 am

Restless Shadelings spawn at midnight and last until ?? 8am ?? server time I believe.

I caught mine before work at 6am server time.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 12th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Breehit wrote:What times ARE Restless Shadelings spawning now? I am not a morning person, but midnight is very do-able.
On my realm, they ALWAYS spawn at 00:01 and despawn at 09:00, some have reported they spawn at 23:59 servertime, but it is always around 00:00 atleast.

Be aware, it has been reported that servertime and CRZ time is different, and if that is the case for you, go to the zone ahead of time to check so you actually log in at the right time.

Because of the quality bug when many spawn at the same time(pet quality must be tied to the time/date variable somehow), I have seen 10 out of 17 shadelings being rare at the same massspawn, and other times there has been no rares at all.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » December 12th, 2012, 3:17 pm

With Patch 5.1 they normalized all the times that things happen across North American servers. Everything is set up according to Pacific Time now. Midnight is midnight Pacific Time no matter what realm you are on. I'm pretty sure the same is true for Oceanic and European realms, but I have no idea what time zone they are based around.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 12th, 2012, 3:38 pm

NathKnave wrote:With Patch 5.1 they normalized all the times that things happen across North American servers. Everything is set up according to Pacific Time now. Midnight is midnight Pacific Time no matter what realm you are on. I'm pretty sure the same is true for Oceanic and European realms, but I have no idea what time zone they are based around.
PST = GMT-8 , but my server is GMT+1, and on my server, Restless Shadelings still massspawn at 00:01 GMT+1

So I suppose they did not normalize it in Europe.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » December 12th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Hellomynameis wrote:PST = GMT-8 , but my server is GMT+1, and on my server, Restless Shadelings still massspawn at 00:01 GMT+1

I dug around and found the WoW Insider article detailing the changes:

They didn't mention European realms except to say that they have been normalized this way for many years, and the new normalization for North American and Oceanic servers were most likely based on this. Each region is based on a different time zone, and they only detail North American and Oceanic. I would assume that nothing has changed for European realms.
North American Daily Event Times are based on North American Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8 hours)

Sunrise: 5:30am PST
Sunset: 6:30pm PST

Ocianic Daily Event Times are based on Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10 hours)

Sunrise: 5:30am EST
Sunset: 6:30pm EST
Only the times for sunrise and sunset were given, so it's possible that midnight is still determined by server time, but I'd be willing to bet that it's set by each region's respective time zones. I haven't checked recently, but I might try to check this out tonight.

Jetstream
Pet Score:2508
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Jetstream » December 12th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Hellomynameis wrote:
NathKnave wrote:With Patch 5.1 they normalized all the times that things happen across North American servers. Everything is set up according to Pacific Time now. Midnight is midnight Pacific Time no matter what realm you are on. I'm pretty sure the same is true for Oceanic and European realms, but I have no idea what time zone they are based around.
PST = GMT-8 , but my server is GMT+1, and on my server, Restless Shadelings still massspawn at 00:01 GMT+1

If they did, it'd be in Paris Time, which as I recall is GMT+1.