OMG I won my first random PvP Battle

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
OMG I won my first random PvP Battle

Post by Abbotta » March 29th, 2015, 11:19 am

Ok it's not the first time I've done a PvP battle (probably my 10th) but I kicked ass!

It was a nice combo of birds and bird-like critters (from 3 different classes). Took out a Clorkwork Gnome, a Moonkin Hatchling and a Landro's Lichling.

So at this rate if I do another 2500 PvP battles I might get my stunted direhorn

Ugh!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: OMG I won my first random PvP Battle

Post by Peanutty » March 29th, 2015, 12:36 pm

Abbotta wrote:So at this rate if I do another 2500 250 PvP battles I might get my stunted direhorn
^ There I fixed it. See, that's more doable right? :)

If you break up the achievement into smaller chunks it'll feel a lot more achievable. I saw it as win 10 or 20 PVP battles a week, and then gradually upped it to 10 a day or something.

Nev
Pet Score:9156
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Nev » March 29th, 2015, 6:04 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Abbotta wrote:So at this rate if I do another 2500 250 PvP battles I might get my stunted direhorn

If you break up the achievement into smaller chunks it'll feel a lot more achievable. I saw it as win 10 or 20 PVP battles a week, and then gradually upped it to 10 a day or something.
I see it achievable in smaller chunks, too.

I [try to] do the "What We Have Been Training For" weekly quest for the 10 PvP wins. A little extra encouragement for me as those reward bags have a burger treat and chance at pets. Slowly but surely, even 10 wins every week or every other week and we will all get there! I am about half way there. Good luck!

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » March 30th, 2015, 10:10 am

Nev wrote:
Peanutty wrote:

I see it achievable in smaller chunks, too.

I [try to] do the "What We Have Been Training For" weekly quest for the 10 PvP wins. A little extra encouragement for me as those reward bags have a burger treat and chance at pets. Slowly but surely, even 10 wins every week or every other week and we will all get there! I am about half way there. Good luck!
That's why I did that PvP. I was in Two Moons turning in my Fable Dailies (needed pet treats). And I've had that 'What We Have Been Training For' quest forever. So I googled a website for battle pet teams, picked the first one where I had both the pets AND the breeds and went for it.

But I know my luck isn't always going to be that great, but I will try again tonight and maybe with the same team. I always did swear that Mechanical Pandarian Dragons were built for PvP.

But I do like your philosphy (and that of the other poster).

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » March 30th, 2015, 10:42 am

Abbotta wrote: That's why I did that PvP. I was in Two Moons turning in my Fable Dailies (needed pet treats).
Well there's your problem right there... You're hoard! Everyone knows Alliance is better at pet battles! Duh!

Sternish
MVP
Pet Score:4502
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Sternish » March 30th, 2015, 5:38 pm

Grats on your win!! You're on your way! 8-)

I used to be put off by PvP when I first started, mostly because I didn't have many teams and after getting soundly beaten over and over I'd walk away frustrated. Then I found Discodoggy's blog. I picked up a ton of valuable info there and began to figure out what made a good PvP team. I started doing the 10-win weekly, and then once I got within 60 or so wins from the achieve I went for broke.

During that time was when I really started to love PvP battles, I got my pet and kept making more and more teams. I'm having more fun now than ever before.

But anyway, best of luck to you. You'll have 250 wins before you know it! :mrgreen: