Hello

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kitai
Pet Score:850
BattleTag®:Raven#12257
Realm:Tichondrius-us
Hello

Post by Kitai » March 28th, 2015, 9:08 pm

I caught my first Unborn Val'kyr about a day or so ago after camping for a day or two and since then I've caught well over 50 pets and did the Garrison Menagerie dailies for the first time today. I'm basically hooked. However I'm still fairly new to everything. Are there any addons I should be running in particular? I have Pet Tracker & Breed on but is there any others I should be running?

Also I was wondering if there was anyone that runs all the old raids still for pets and stuff. Got into WoW this expac after some friends that have been playing for awhile convinced me to but they all quit for the most part. Still having a blast but it would be nice to have people to do things with. I usually play at night & have a 100 toon on each faction so that shouldn't be a problem though I generally play Horde unless I'm trying something that's Alliance only/easier on Alli.

Raven#12257

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Hello

Post by Ranok » March 28th, 2015, 10:38 pm

I really like PetJournal Enhanced add-on, it's taken the pet journal view that Blizz provides and added lot of features that were missing.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » March 30th, 2015, 11:12 am

Rematch is absolutely killer, for making teams...

Imry
MVP
Pet Score:6725
BattleTag®:dozyox#1640
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Imry » March 30th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Rematch is the absolute best, especially when you get to the point where you want to make and save teams for use later, mostly against dailies or particular tamers.

I also use PetBattleBreedID to find out which breed a pet is (useful in certain situations) if you're into the more in depth part of finding the perfect pet to use. And I use Auto Safari Hat since I ALWAYS forget to buff myself with my Safari hat before going into a battle when trying to level pets.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » March 30th, 2015, 8:31 pm

Imry wrote: And I use Auto Safari Hat since I ALWAYS forget to buff myself with my Safari hat before going into a battle when trying to level pets.
You may have missed this in patch notes but Safari Hat no longer has to be equipped, just have to have one in your bag.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » March 31st, 2015, 2:55 am

Ranok wrote:
Imry wrote: And I use Auto Safari Hat since I ALWAYS forget to buff myself with my Safari hat before going into a battle when trying to level pets.
You may have missed this in patch notes but Safari Hat no longer has to be equipped, just have to have one in your bag.
You still have to click it to activate it, don't you? Or has this requirement also been removed?

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Celya » March 31st, 2015, 5:33 am

Another vote for Rematch, and the Breed ID addon.

You still need to buff yourself with the Safari Hat, as far as I'm aware, it just doesn't replace your normal headgear anymore.

Speaking for myself, when I want to run old raids for pets, I usually solo it. The MoP stuff are still a bit harder, and I see people making groups for that occasionally in the group finder thing. Or you can make your own group - sometimes when I'm bored, I open it to see if anyone is doing anything interesting, so you might get a hit that way. Just be clear on loot rules though.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » March 31st, 2015, 6:12 am

Waflob wrote:You still have to click it to activate it, don't you? Or has this requirement also been removed?
You still have to click it but it stays on indefinitely after that initial click until you cancel the effect so it's just a one click thing now. No more raiding in a Safari Hat. There should've been an achievement with that. :lol:

I second rematch. It was a bit overwhelming for me at first but it's much, much nicer than other pet battle team addons.