Fun pets based off of movies/shows/games.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sagentine
Pet Score:6852
BattleTag®:Sagentine#1389
Realm:Aggramar-us
Fun pets based off of movies/shows/games.

Post by Sagentine » March 25th, 2015, 7:22 pm

Just something to have fun with. If you could make a pet based off of any movie, show, or game character, what would it be? Personally, I'd like to see Berry from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. I also like the idea of a Creeper from Minecraft that would randomly blow up. lol

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Fun pets based off of movies/shows/games.

Post by FuxieDK » March 26th, 2015, 8:59 am

ATLEAST one pet in-game is already based om movies: [pet]Stinker[/pet]

Stinker is based on/inspired by Hannah/Barbarah's Pepe le Pew, a skunk falling in love with black cats, chasing them with lustfull intentions..
Have a friend nearby with a black/dark cat out, and the summon your Stinker.. Quite fun..

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » March 26th, 2015, 9:53 am

My favorite animated movie is "Fanatastic Mr. Fox" probably because that was my favorite book from my childhood. You could make an entire series of battle pets from that movie including:

Fantastic Mr. Fox - one of his ability would be Charm which would charm the opponent into not attacking for a round.
Coach Skip - Albino River Otter with the ability of Whack Bat a 3-round ability
Clive Badger - European Badger - He could have a legalese ability that would confuse the opponent into attacking his own team

Unfortunately there is already a Black Rat else they could have one with the series with the ability of squeal, which would lower the entire team's defense

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » March 26th, 2015, 3:57 pm

FuxieDK wrote:ATLEAST one pet in-game is already based om movies: [pet]Stinker[/pet]
Yep. [pet]Rascal-Bot[/pet] is also the logo of TV production company "Bad Robot", and [pet]Singing Sunflower[/pet] is based on a plant from the game "Plants vs Zombies".

Oh yea, and [pet]Mr. Bigglesworth[/pet] is from Austin Powers. :)

Vigoureux
Pet Score:1639
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Vigoureux » March 26th, 2015, 5:32 pm

I'm sure plenty of gamers will agree, and it seems like an obvious choice for RWL4:Trial of the Crusader

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 26th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Vigoureux wrote:I'm sure plenty of gamers will agree, and it seems like an obvious choice for RWL4:Trial of the Crusader
Blizzard devs must love this game too because they have already implemented two pets that relate to Joust! [pet]Blue Mini Jouster[/pet] and [pet]Gold Mini Jouster[/pet]. (The manner in which these two pets are obtained are also references to the arcade game, [url=http://www.wowhead.com/guide=3320/references-to-games-in-world-of-warcraft]according to Wowhead[/url].)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sagentine
Pet Score:6852
BattleTag®:Sagentine#1389
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Sagentine » March 26th, 2015, 8:57 pm

I know I may pick up a lot of hate for this, but I also wouldn't mind having a moogle as a companion. It can make all it's cute moogle noises and say "kupo~~" every now and then.

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Celya » March 27th, 2015, 2:17 am

I really want a Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner combo. I want the Coyote to chase the Road Runner, then have an anvil fall on his head and the Road Runner go Meep-Meep.

Blizzard, make this happen.

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Celya » March 27th, 2015, 2:57 am

Or Mrs Potts from Beauty and the Beast. We need more Magic pets, and I can totally see a Stampede-type move of Cups running over the opponent...

Vigoureux
Pet Score:1639

Post by Vigoureux » March 27th, 2015, 4:07 am

Quintessence wrote:Blizzard devs must love this game too because they have already implemented two pets that relate to Joust! [pet]Blue Mini Jouster[/pet] and [pet]Gold Mini Jouster[/pet]. (The manner in which these two pets are obtained are also references to the arcade game, [url=http://www.wowhead.com/guide=3320/references-to-games-in-world-of-warcraft]according to Wowhead[/url].)
I didn't know those pets were already in-game! :o
(I only played during Cataclysm's launch patch and last patch, and the 2nd was mostly catch-up).
I'll be sure to go through Hyjal again to acquire those pets.
Thanks for the info! :D

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » March 27th, 2015, 9:41 pm

i would love to see a morocco mole and a dangermouse :D

Moonkin
Top Rater
Pet Score:10517
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Moonkin » March 28th, 2015, 6:18 pm

I would be the happiest pet collector in WoW if they came out with a mechanical dog based off of Doctor Who's K-9. :D

A purring furball, aka Tribble, would be interesting. Or maybe a roaring furball, like Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal.

Since I've been on a Terry Pratchett reading binge. . .Sapient pearwood luggage would be awesome! Or maybe this is where the idea for creepy crate came from (add lots of legs and its the luggage). Or maybe give a Giant Sewer Rat a hood and scythe and *presto* Death of Rats (SQUEAK).

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » March 30th, 2015, 10:13 am

Moonkin wrote:I would be the happiest pet collector in WoW if they came out with a mechanical dog based off of Doctor Who's K-9. :D

A purring furball, aka Tribble, would be interesting. Or maybe a roaring furball, like Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal.

Since I've been on a Terry Pratchett reading binge. . .Sapient pearwood luggage would be awesome! Or maybe this is where the idea for creepy crate came from (add lots of legs and its the luggage). Or maybe give a Giant Sewer Rat a hood and scythe and *presto* Death of Rats (SQUEAK).
I'm assuming the Tribble would multiple in a way similiar to the Terrible Turnip/Molton Corgi

Trethsparr
Pet Score:5200

Post by Trethsparr » March 30th, 2015, 10:28 am

Abbotta wrote: I'm assuming the Tribble would multiple in a way similiar to the Terrible Turnip/Molton Corgi
Missed opportunity if it doesn't, imo!