Touch of the Animus

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sixmoondance
Pet Score:1323
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Touch of the Animus

Post by Sixmoondance » March 15th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Ok I have acquired Son of Sethe, read he is a great pet, yet I have immense trouble trying to figure how to use him. The tooltip does not explain anything, and makes no sense to me.

Could someone please explain the mechanics of touch of the animus and drain blood? What does plaqued actually do?

I realise this is probably a very basic question, but sometimes I just can't figure something out and this is one of them.

Thank you :oops:

Sile9
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: Touch of the Animus

Post by Sile9 » March 15th, 2015, 5:03 pm

Enemies "plagued" by Plagued Blood or Touch of the Animus will generate a set amount of healing for the damage-dealer when damaged. If your pet gets plagued by my Son of Sethe, successive Plagued Blood spam by the Son will proc the healing effect for itself once per round. If instead I swap out to my Hopling and hit your debuffed pet 3 times with Tongue Lash it will proc the heal three times, generating three times the amount of healing for my Hopling while not healing the Son at all because it is doing no damage. Conversely, if my Hopling Poison Lashes your pet before my Son swaps in and applies Touch of the Animus, the dot damage will proc a heal for the Hopling in the backrow once every round until the debuff or dot expires.

Any pet will generate X amount of health every time it damages a plagued target, including your backrow Fel Flame from Scorched Earth ticks on your own debuffed pet.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » March 18th, 2015, 7:19 am

Sixmoondance wrote:Ok I have acquired Son of Sethe, read he is a great pet
Sorry that was your mistake - I just suppose here you mean for pvp - cause if you have no experience in pvp, he's not.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 18th, 2015, 5:35 pm

If played well, he seems to be a top tier PvP pet according to Discodoggy:
http://pvppetbattles.com/2014/12/22/top-high-tier-list/

He has quite a few write ups on the pet on his website daily battles and blog.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » March 19th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Jerebear wrote:If played well, he seems to be a top tier PvP pet according to Discodoggy:
http://pvppetbattles.com/2014/12/22/top-high-tier-list/
So this dude post a list of pet in random order???
I see not how he comes to rate wich pet where?

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » March 19th, 2015, 5:36 pm

It's just in the order as he adds them. He isn't rating pet x vs pet y, but rating them via "bins" (which is probably the smart thing given how meta's change and differ). A pet is either "Top Tier", "High Tier", or "not".

He spends a lot of time pvp'ing with pets. Look at the Daily Battle and Blog sections on his site (Son of Sethe, for example, was discussed in the POTM #2 blog if I remember correctly). Discodoggy is one of the more respected pet pvp'ers out there. He doesn't post on WCP, but he does on the battle.net forums and even so, quite a few members here are familiar with his work.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » March 19th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Jerebear wrote:It's just in the order as he adds them. He isn't rating pet x vs pet y, but rating them via "bins" (which is probably the smart thing given how meta's change and differ). A pet is either "Top Tier", "High Tier", or "not".
So he adds them to top, high or not by random? that doesnt sound like something you should look for....
Sorry his WebSite is a complete mess for me and I dont see ANY order or function in it and thus cant find ANYTHING on how and why he sorts the pets the way he does :? :?:

And sorry Ive been HERE a while but this is the first I read about that blog and Ive played like a lot of pvp pet battles since mop...

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » March 19th, 2015, 7:34 pm

Not at random. He spends weeks trying out pets and teams in pvp, then based on his experience places them in the different bins. You are getting too caught up on sorting that isn't there. If they are a top tier pet, they go int he top tier bin. If they aren't quite a top tier pet but still much better than average, they go in the high tier bin. He doesn't sort them within the bin. He takes user feedback if you have ideas for why certain pets should or should not be in those bins. You should hit him up sometime (usually via comments on his website).

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » March 20th, 2015, 9:56 am

Drudatz, it took me a few visits to get the hang of Disco's site, too, but honestly, it's fantastic. Just bookmark his "Daily Battle" page, which is updated *almost* every day, and you'll get a lot out of it.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » March 20th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Jerebear wrote:He spends weeks trying out pets and teams in pvp, then based on his experience places them in the different bins.
Sorry english isnt my first language so let me try to get this straight:

He takes pet x, y and z plays some games with them and then sorts them into top, high and nothing after how many time he won with them?

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » March 20th, 2015, 12:56 pm

Anyone know why Son of Sethe is the only rep pet that is Unique?