LF Team to defeat double Mechanical Pandaran Dragonling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Moriat
LF Team to defeat double Mechanical Pandaran Dragonling

Post by Moriat » March 11th, 2015, 10:52 am

Hey guys I'm trying to get the 1000 pvp wins achievement but at least 10-15 a day I end up facing a team consisting of
SS [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet]: [ability]Breath[/ability] [ability]Thunderbolt[/ability] [ability]Decoy[/ability]
SS [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling [/pet]: [ability]Breath[/ability] [ability]Thunderbolt[/ability] [ability]Decoy[/ability]
SS [pet]Fiendish Imp[/pet]: [ability]Burn[/ability] [ability]Immolation[/ability] [ability]Nether Gate[/ability]

I've tried a lot of different combos to defeat this team but I didn't have much success.

I'm also not the biggest pet battle expert and therefore I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me out with a team or list of battle pets that could defeat or do well against said enemy team.

Sam918
Pet Score:5780
BattleTag®:sam#19744
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: LF Team to defeat double Mechanical Pandaran Dragonling

Post by Sam918 » March 11th, 2015, 11:23 am

weebomination x2 or 3 should take care of it.. cant say from experience but considering the skills... should work nicely. cleave wont hurt the first pet that has decoy up, but will hit the back 2.. if his fiendish is in backline cleave will tear it apart. worth a shot.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » March 11th, 2015, 11:57 am

s/s fiendish imp, another MPD, anything with sandstorm, anything with magma wave, s/s DAH,

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » March 11th, 2015, 12:30 pm

I use double Mech Dragonlings and I seem to have the most probs against Imps, Lil Rags, and other ele types such as ones with breath that causes burning. Frankly, Lil Rags is the hardest to deal with that I've seen so far. I think one of the toughest teams I was against was Imp, Rags and Crawfish.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » March 11th, 2015, 1:26 pm

Any undead team with Spirit of Lodaren will almost guarantee a winner against this team.

Curse of Doom and arcane explosion will demolish this team completely.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 11th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Those are all good suggestions but I think it helps to think about why?

Why is sandstorm effective?
It should block the immolation damage which negates the back row healing for the fiendish imp and is extra effective against thunderbolt because each of the hits gets reduced by sandstorm so it triples the damage reduction effect of sandstorm.

Rag can be effective because it is strong against mechanical pets and can use Magma wave to clear away the decoy.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » March 12th, 2015, 2:36 am

My absolute favourite MPD counter pet is S/S Prairie Mouse.

If the Mouse faces an MPD start with Poison Fang, this leaves an elemental(strong damage) DoT on the mech.
Then they usually answer with Decoy, though some start with Thunderbolt(which does weak damage vs critters).

Now either you can Flurry to bring down the decoy and do some damage or you can do what I often do and Stampede. Stampede with bring down the Decoy and leave the MPD with Shattered Defense debuff so that the Poison Fang DoT ticks for double damage.

This works exceptionally well when the MPD switches to back line, like they often do. Their next pet will now also be affected by Stampede and be ready for a double damage Poison Fang or a nice double damage Flurry. Flurry will hit for 140 damage per hit. If you are faster that is 280-420 damage and double that if Shattered Defense is up.(using this strategy my Praire Mouse soloed a triple MPD team that kept switching, does not happen often but so sweet when it does, sadly ppl often get wise after a while)

The Mouse also takes weak damage from Immolation, but is not ideal to handle the Imp. Though Poison Fang + Stampede will severly limit the Imp back line healing.

I guess this player starts with Imp and does Gate + Immolation then switch to MPD?
If so then you can make a play on that since Nether Gate always brings in your back line pet with highest Health.
Either you start with something threatening to the Imp so they will use Gate and then you plan that the Mouse will be gated in.
Or you start with another pet and plan on the pet that will be gated in can do something really bad against the Imp, like Curse of Doom.

Weebomination is very good, as suggested above, since it takes weak damage from the MPD spammable attack and can really hurt an Imp in the back.
Last edited by Vek on March 12th, 2015, 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » March 12th, 2015, 2:37 am

Sam918 wrote:weebomination x2 or 3 should take care of it.. cant say from experience but considering the skills... should work nicely. cleave wont hurt the first pet that has decoy up, but will hit the back 2.. if his fiendish is in backline cleave will tear it apart. worth a shot.
Cleave is actually totally blocked by the Decoy, doing no damage to any pet. Still good move after Decoy is down.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » March 12th, 2015, 6:41 am

Fragment of Anger hardcounters the MPD.

Myon
BattleTag®:Myon#1319
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Myon » March 12th, 2015, 7:02 am

Vek wrote:
Sam918 wrote:weebomination x2 or 3 should take care of it.. cant say from experience but considering the skills... should work nicely. cleave wont hurt the first pet that has decoy up, but will hit the back 2.. if his fiendish is in backline cleave will tear it apart. worth a shot.
Cleave is actually totally blocked by the Decoy, doing no damage to any pet. Still good move after Decoy is down.
As a rule of thumb, any AoE that redistributes its damage like Thunderstorm, Avalanche, Dreadful Breath, Cleave etc will only knock off a single charge of Decoy (presumably because it counts as one big attack that's getting split up).

AoEs like Primal Cry or Sunlight that deal a flat amount of damage to all pets, even if your opponent only has one or two pets left, will eat up multiple charges of decoy as they always have.

That's the only consolation from the big round of AoE buffs in 6.0.3, that Decoy got buffed against those types of AoEs - although sadly it's ended up buffing the MPD as well because it has both Decoy and Thunderbolt.

Moriat

Post by Moriat » March 12th, 2015, 10:49 am

Awq wrote:Fragment of Anger hardcounters the MPD.
How?

Thank's for the replies so far!

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » March 12th, 2015, 11:22 am

How?
It has the elemental move Burn, which means additional damage. It has the undead racial, which means less damage taken. It has Spiritfire Beam, which removes Decoy (it takes two charges).

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » March 12th, 2015, 11:31 am

Macabre Marionette could also help here. Bone Barrage wipes out the decoys and tacks on a little damage to boot. He's also strong against the Imp.

Rafein
Pet Score:1740
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Rafein » March 17th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Panda Fire spirit would work well. Elemental hurts the dragonlings, Magma wave removes all decoys and still does damage.

Pettea
Pet Score:2181
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu

Post by Pettea » March 18th, 2015, 1:01 am

Multiple Attack Abilities that clear Decoy in a single turn (And sometimes even do damage):

Swarm
Spiderling Swarm
Flurry
Call the Pack

Edit: All cleanup effects also remove Decoy (Like the Flamewave etc.), check the ability filter of this website.

Edit 2: Some area damage effect (Spiritfire and its ilk, generally you simply have to test these), also remove Decoy in one go and deal some damage.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » March 18th, 2015, 7:17 am

Best 2 teams to counter this is either DAH, Anubis & Magical Crawdad (ofc you have to know how to play this team) or Singing Sunflower and Blossoming Ancient.
Start with the Blossoming Ancient. Sunlight kills his shield instantly and Ironbark neutralizes his Immolate.
the sunlight of both is an aoe that hits both the mechs hard.

Aquitas
Pet Score:12790
BattleTag®:Aquitas333#1619
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Aquitas » March 19th, 2015, 1:13 am

I frequently have Nuts on my team, nut barrage or simmilar will take the decoy down, I always use crouch also to decreace damage taken

Myon
BattleTag®:Myon#1319
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Myon » March 19th, 2015, 7:09 am

Been seeing good results with the Fragment of Anger too. Spiritfire Beam lets you AoE back (and AoE harder to boot, more damage, faster cooldown) and breaks multiple decoys in one go, Seethe is super effective against mechanicals, and you're undead so you're resistant to the MPD's Breath making it not lucrative at all for your opponent to keep the MPD out in front against it.

Amgesan
Pet Score:2897
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Amgesan » March 20th, 2015, 4:04 pm

Grinder has done good things for me vs MPD. Rock Barrage to remove Decoy and Rupture is great the round after even if the stun misses.