It's time to level

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rd11682
Realm:Dentarg-us
It's time to level

Post by Rd11682 » March 11th, 2015, 6:46 pm

I need some time from my general in-game grind, and I've been looking at pet battles. I tried some pet battles about 2 months ago when I returned to the game on a new character. I leveled several pet, but only to a max of level 9. I also collected a bunch of nothing special pet that I never leveled. Although Pet-Battles were interesting, I was mainly focused on leveling and gearing as fast as I could for the new content, so I did not give enough time to long term pet battles and collection.

I would like to add Pet-Battles to my daily in-game activities.

I understand that most of you are far more advanced in this topic, so forgive me for my ignorance.

What is a good main team to build from early on? I would like to level and have a decent collection, and I would also like to unlock the menagerie at some point too.

I assume I would focus early on 4-6 pets for a constant rotation, and then just take what I can when I move on. I would like to have a decent rotation from the start, so I can both learn as well as make the best use of my time.

Thank you for the help in advance!

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Re: It's time to level

Post by Stella3 » March 11th, 2015, 7:19 pm

Most of it is really doing the pet dailies so often that you can do them with a small handful of pets and the rest are carry pets. I reccomend for sure having the following:

Mechanical Pandaren Dragon.
Sprite Darter Hatchling.

--The above two can take on any team in Draenor.--

If possible I highly suggest purchasing the Lil X.T. from the in game shop as he can do such a great spreaded damage that nearly every team you verse will be half health if done correctly.

Good luck!

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » March 11th, 2015, 7:32 pm

I would recommend a Zandalari Anklerender/Darkmoon Cub/Panther Cub/Other cat.
Devour is great for leveling, it will be amazing for boosting low level pets in the wild!
Mechanical Pandaren Dragon.
Sprite Darter Hatchling.
I like both these pets!
If possible I highly suggest purchasing the Lil X.T. from the in game shop as he can do such a great spreaded damage that nearly every team you verse will be half health if done correctly.
While this pet might be great for you, there are plenty of great mechanical pets. I would not recommend this pet to a new battler :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 11th, 2015, 8:42 pm

I really recommend having at least 1 Mechanical since it gives you a little wiggle room with the racial and also they're strong against beasts, which you'll run into a lot. Good choices that are accessible: Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Darkmoon Zeppelin or Tonk.

A moth is something I also find useful, they're very easy to get in the wild and their ability set is quite good IMO. Try to get one with a bit of power, i.e. P/S.

Vipers
Pet Score:3725
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Vipers » March 12th, 2015, 9:21 am

I've posted something you may find useful [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13460&p=108325#p108325]here[/url].

To sum up what I just linked, I'd first recommend you to get some reliable pets who can handle things on their own. They are somewhat slower and sometimes even bad against more stronger pet masters, but they will be a lot more reliable to an all around playing style that you require when you are just starting.
What do you do with a pen that only works 90% of the time?

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » March 12th, 2015, 11:30 pm

Rd11682 wrote:I need some time from my general in-game grind, and I've been looking at pet battles. I tried some pet battles about 2 months ago when I returned to the game on a new character. I leveled several pet, but only to a max of level 9. I also collected a bunch of nothing special pet that I never leveled. Although Pet-Battles were interesting, I was mainly focused on leveling and gearing as fast as I could for the new content, so I did not give enough time to long term pet battles and collection.

I would like to add Pet-Battles to my daily in-game activities.

I understand that most of you are far more advanced in this topic, so forgive me for my ignorance.

What is a good main team to build from early on? I would like to level and have a decent collection, and I would also like to unlock the menagerie at some point too.

I assume I would focus early on 4-6 pets for a constant rotation, and then just take what I can when I move on. I would like to have a decent rotation from the start, so I can both learn as well as make the best use of my time.

Thank you for the help in advance!
One thing that would help is to get some pets up to level 25. But until you own a level 25 pets you cannot buy and add a level 25 pet to your inventory. If what I have read is correct it sounds like you don't really have any pets above level 10 said you got some work to do right now with level grinding. Might I suggest you go over to Deadwind Pass I believe that's over in Eastern Kingdom. There you can find the Arcane Eye and the Restless Shadeling. Although both of these pets are around level 15 to 17 they are unique because when you battle them you only battle just the one pet not anything else. (Usually level 15 pet opponents will have 2 other pets on their teams but these two battle solo). I have taking guild mates there with their three level 8 to 10 pets in their group and they have been able to easily capture either of these pets. This gives you a quick boost to a higher level pet so you can start doing pet battles in higher level areas. And both pets are great adds to your pet collections I use my arcade eye all time.