Nexus Whelpling - can't find P/P

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Glassmachine
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Nexus Whelpling - can't find P/P

Post by Glassmachine » March 3rd, 2015, 4:26 am

I've been realm hopping and looking for a few weeks for a P/P Nexus Whelpling and can't find a single one. To be clear - the spawn itself isn't low, there's usually at least a handful up if not more. The rare qualities aren't rare... but this particular breed is just nowhere to be found.

Does this sound right to you guys? I've spent hours and hours flying around checking in the hopes that I'll find a grey to stone, and I just can't seem to find it. I keep checking wowhead's comments to make sure this breed exists, and no one says anything about it being hard to find. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Celya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Re: Nexus Whelpling - can't find P/P

Post by Celya » March 3rd, 2015, 4:41 am

No, sometimes RNG just tries to drive you mad. I found a P/P Nexus Whelpling pretty easily myself, but ended up stoning a Snow Cub because a rare of any breed just... refused... to show...

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 3rd, 2015, 3:28 pm

Are you clearing out the existing spawns by either doing a pet battle or nuking the critter at least on your home realm? If they never get cleared out there is no change for p/p breed to spawn.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » March 3rd, 2015, 5:47 pm

They do exist. I found one on my first loop through the zone. Although, I play on a fairly low pop realm, so much less competition. I had to stone him, but that wasn't an issue. I named him Stormy, and I love him very much! :D
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Glassmachine

Post by Glassmachine » March 3rd, 2015, 6:38 pm

Thanks for the replies. Good to know they still exist.

Kpb - I haven't been clearing them out, only because I thought that they changed daily. I come back to my server every day and the spawns have changed, sometimes multiple times throughout the day depending on how busy it is.

I'll try actually clearing them out. Thanks!

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » March 3rd, 2015, 6:56 pm

If people are in the zone doing pet battles or possibly just questing as ae's can kill them off, then they will change but otherwise pets will stay up and not change until the server resets.

Vipers
Pet Score:3725
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Vipers » March 5th, 2015, 10:48 am

Edit: It seems like the problem is originated from an outdated version of the addon Battle Pet Breed . You will find them again once you update.
What do you do with a pen that only works 90% of the time?

Whothere
Pet Score:6034
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Whothere » March 5th, 2015, 2:55 pm

Oh this was driving me nuts, only with emerald proto-whelps. It made no sense that I couldn't find a single one that was P/P when I'd found probably over 100 whelps. An add-on issue makes a lot of sense. I'll have to check for another update, because I just updated recently and still had this problem.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » March 5th, 2015, 4:00 pm

You can always do it the manual way. Look at the stats and see if the power is really high relative to the other ones =). If you get one that seems really powerful you can double check it by comparing to the website here or Wowhead to figure out what breed it is. In the end that is all the addon is doing for you.

Glassmachine

Post by Glassmachine » March 6th, 2015, 12:22 pm

Holy crap are you serious?

I don't know if I should feel relieved that I'm not going nuts or angry that I've wasted hours in borean tundra.

A little of both I suppose. Thanks sooo much for letting me know!

Glassmachine

Post by Glassmachine » March 6th, 2015, 12:27 pm

Wait, I don't have the addon Pet Battle Breed.

I use Pet Battle Teams, PetTracker, and PetJournal Quick Filter. I might just disable them all and compare stats on wowhead to find the breeds.

Glassmachine

Post by Glassmachine » March 6th, 2015, 12:50 pm

Well, I hopped into a few battles and the stats didn't match up with wowhead or warcraftpets, so I captured one and the stats lined up to P/P. It was showing up as P/B with one of my addons.

I feel like I can sleep a little better tonight, lol. Thanks so much for the heads up... I thought something was off.