Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
Anyone else go bat*** crazy trying to get to their 600th pet

Post by Abbotta » March 3rd, 2015, 2:56 pm

It is so close yet so far away. I think it is 15 more pets I need for 600. I am assuming that the alliance-only pets I have (aka the Alliance Balloon and Alliance Guild Page) do not count for my final total because I noticed that my total unique pet count here at WCP is higher than the unique count in world.

The Raiding with Leashes III has been a big help - it eliminates having to buy some of those trading card pets which even on my realm still run about 15k-25k for the cheaper ones. I'd also be a bit closer if I'd just finally level that DK knight to get the guild rep for the two guild pets I don't have (I really hate grinding for levels/rep) and doing the Hyjal dailies (I have the rep but again hate doing dailies).

Anyone else get bonkers trying to get those last pets in for 600? Or is it just me going crazy. Fiftenn should be easy but it seems lightyears away!

Oh and that damn Westfall Chicken - I still can't get the quest to work!

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Anyone else go bat*** crazy trying to get to their 600th

Post by Kpb321 » March 3rd, 2015, 3:32 pm

I avoided that because while I was close before WoD came out I also knew that there was no way I could ever get it before WoD came out as I was pretty much just missing Blizzcon/CE pets and there was no way I was going to manage to get several of those pets without spending a bunch of $ which wasn't something I was going to do. Then once WoD came out I got 600 without even trying. The Medowstomper was my 600th pet. Sadly underwhelming pet to achieve that milestone. It's WoD's golden carp that you literally can't give away.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » March 3rd, 2015, 5:10 pm

Hang in there. You're in much better shape than before RWLIII. I'm also one of those who won't be actively collecting Blizzcon/CE pets. I've missed out on all the RaF pets too. But I still managed to get there before RWLIII released. It'll happen, just keep plugging away at it. 8-)

I even had an offer to "borrow" the last few to get the achieve. But I passed and got there on my own. Small victories, but they are victories. 8-)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » March 4th, 2015, 2:41 pm

When the reward for 600th pet was added before WOD launched I was at 599, and the only pet I could get to hit 600 was [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet], for a few weeks I tried everyday for him on 3 accounts (my 2 and my daughters). I didn't want to pay some crazy amount for him so I just tried daily. I got Bling on the weekend before WOD launched and thus the achievement. I really thought for sure that WoD would release before I got him.

Funny at the moment I find myself right at 699. The Bone Serpent is the only 6.1 pet I have yet to get and my most reasonable pet to obtain.

What follows is a basic list of of the pets I don't believe I will ever obtain:

Stunted Direhorn is only at 31/250 and hasn't budged in months, my feeling is that pet will be considered unobtainable at this point. (my hope is they change it to 250 battles not Wins) I find Pet PVP absolutely maddening and a greater time killer than fishing.

Those that cost thousands in real money, such as Vanilla WoW Collectors Edition pets and Mini Tyrael.

Or simply just no longer available, I'm looking at you [pet]Vampiric Batling[/pet], and a couple of the Anniversary pets.

There were a few years in the middle I didn't play at all, and almost never got collectors versions when I did buy them. For me the collectors versions are fairly useless other than the pet, I have a few that all that I broke the seal for was to get the code to activate it on my account and get the pet.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » March 4th, 2015, 5:59 pm

I honestly wonder how people got 600 pets before WoD came out because even then it seemed impossible. Now with WoD out I have so many pets that the ones I should be working on like the infamous Pebble can just be put off for a while.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » March 5th, 2015, 12:38 am

Stella3 wrote:I honestly wonder how people got 600 pets before WoD came out because even then it seemed impossible. Now with WoD out I have so many pets that the ones I should be working on like the infamous Pebble can just be put off for a while.
I will say this much. I would have never made it without WoD. I just played too infrequently to make 600 and missed too many of those special edition pets that are no longer available. And trust me nothing frustrates me more when I read tips on killing tamers and people use those rare, hard to find pets to kill the tamers. Sure Mini-Thor and that Baby Blizzard Bear would probably do a great job 2-pet and carry on that tamer but come on like 0.00003% of the people playing the game have those pets. (Ok that was not an exact case but I do hate when people use extremely rare can never be found again pets to show how to kill a Pet Tamer).

I also know I would have barely made it pre-6.1. I would have had to either buy the rest of the WoW store pets (I did buy a few at the half price sale but there are about 4 left I didn't get) and save up gold for those Trading Card Pets that are somewhat affordable (starting rate about 20K at the AH). Oh and I would have had to get Pebble and finally figure out that damn Westfall Chicken quest. I think something like 99.9999% of all Pet collectors have the Westfall Chicken. I am that 0.0001% that either can't figure out the stupid /chicken dance thing right or just doesn't have enough patience to do it. And I still would have had to wait until summer so I could get my last dang missing safari pet *grumbles*

So I know I am there and the rest of the 12 pets I figure are this - 5 more from RWL3, 2 guild pets I still need (I'll do the grinding this weekend), some rep pets from WoD/Hyjal (about 2-3 out there), Maybe 1 one from the traveling pet tamer and the last 2-3 will be whatever money can buy from the AH. Oh and I think the Darkmoon Balloon counts, forgot I have enough tickets afternoon!