Scourged Whelpling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Angel_02
Top Rater
Pet Score:8050
Realm:Thrall-us
Scourged Whelpling

Post by Angel_02 » December 7th, 2012, 4:02 am

So i have been looking for one and still no luck so i was wondering if anyone has suggestions on times they seem to spawn or maybe a better server to look for them on since i can never find any up on darkspear

A lot of people suggest still waiting for server restarts (i thought they fixed that?) but i was wondering if there was a better time or server?

Also if anyone could help me out with server hopping to find one too that would help

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Scourged Whelpling

Post by TippyKitt » December 7th, 2012, 2:04 pm

There is a theory that if you check 24 hours AFTER restart then there will be a large number of them. I havn't tried this (i got mine before they "fixed" it) but I do intend to try it on the minfernal. But you have to know the exact time your server comes up after maintenance or reset so you can come online at that time the next day.

Taurnek22
Top Rater
Pet Score:2460
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Taurnek22 » December 10th, 2012, 5:10 pm

I live on the west coast but my server is east coast. I found the other day that a lot of Scourged Whelpling popped at 6am sever time, 3am for me. I also checked on the Fel Flame around that time and there were a bunch still up as well. I know that Blizz changed event times to PST, I think it has effected some of the more rare spawn times too. The Restless Shadeling now spawns at midnight PST, the wanderers festival starts at 9pm PST ect.

Angel_02
Top Rater

Post by Angel_02 » December 11th, 2012, 12:54 am

is 6am server time for you pst 6am?

I never know what times are being on the other side of the world. But i can try those options this week anyway. thanks for the tips

Highheals
Pet Score:2572
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Highheals » December 11th, 2012, 4:10 am

TippyKitt wrote:There is a theory that if you check 24 hours AFTER restart then there will be a large number of them. I havn't tried this (i got mine before they "fixed" it) but I do intend to try it on the minfernal. But you have to know the exact time your server comes up after maintenance or reset so you can come online at that time the next day.
So wait is it 24 hours when the servers go down or 24 hours after the servers went up? Still trying to get mine >.<

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » December 11th, 2012, 8:29 am

Highheals wrote:
TippyKitt wrote:There is a theory that if you check 24 hours AFTER restart then there will be a large number of them. I havn't tried this (i got mine before they "fixed" it) but I do intend to try it on the minfernal. But you have to know the exact time your server comes up after maintenance or reset so you can come online at that time the next day.
So wait is it 24 hours when the servers go down or 24 hours after the servers went up? Still trying to get mine >.<
Supposedly 24 hours after servers come up. I'm going to watch my servers like a hawk to see when they'll come up then be sure to be on at that time tomorrow.

There is also a theory that they spawn at a specific time according to PST. I'm not sure if pacific time is the same as server time, though. There are people who keep insisting that it's not the same but I've always heard they are the same.

If I could cage the extra one I have (accidentally caught 2 uncommon cuse I swore the first was poor when I caught it) and give it to ya I would.

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » December 11th, 2012, 12:46 pm

The new pets added in 5.1 seem to correctly use the new spread out spawn system, but the pets like Minfernal and Scourged were not retroactively changed it seems - Still have to beat the CRZ coming back online after a reset to see many of them.

Angel_02
Top Rater

Post by Angel_02 » December 12th, 2012, 7:07 pm

i tried 24hrs after server restart and still no luck i swear this pet is a myth :(

Mlak
Top Rater
Pet Score:3328
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Mlak » December 14th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Here's a question...

If you are going to upgrade a whelpling... which to upgrade? Higher health, or higher stats?

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 14th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Mlak wrote:Here's a question...

If you are going to upgrade a whelpling... which to upgrade? Higher health, or higher stats?
I'll upgrade the only one I've got, which also happens to be the only one i've ever seen. :)

Raxx666
Pet Score:2198
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Raxx666 » December 14th, 2012, 6:34 pm

I found one rare today just before noon server time. I had an alt camping the area.
I noticed 1 had spawned right under my mounted alt. I tamed it and then a bunch
more started to spawn over the course of 10 minutes or so. Other people were
taming them but there were still enough for my friend to try a few for a rare.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 14th, 2012, 7:09 pm

I would upgrade the breed 6 (health), because 1) the speed is really useless, going from 228 to 257 is still super slow, 2) you want to go 2nd anyway, because tail whip hits twice and double dips on Plagued Blood heals, 3) although Plagued Blood does scale with power, it does so very weakly (0.2 multiplier), therefore the difference is roughly 6 extra health per hit with the breed 8 (65 vs 59).

I find that the Scourged Whelpling's best niche is tanking dragons: he is excellent at this, and in this case the health is extra valuable -- when incoming damage is nerfed 33%, your health lasts 50% longer. The extra power would be valuable if you wanted the Scourged Whelp to beat up humanoids -- but in this case, I think there are much better options (spiders, maggots, etc).

Angel_02
Top Rater

Post by Angel_02 » December 14th, 2012, 8:09 pm

i still swear these don't exist on darkspear, i am still yet to even see one let alone catch one.

I wish it could be caged so i could trade for it, i seem to have better luck with trading

Oceanaia
Top Rater
Pet Score:5376
BattleTag®:Oceanaia#1971
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Oceanaia » December 14th, 2012, 8:52 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but it might make it easier if you throw an alt out in the area and check it every hour or so. I had an alt camping that area for a bit and eventually found it after logging on one night. You should definitely try checking after a restart and then log back on every hour.
Another thing you can try is making a "pet" channel on your server and letting people know what you are looking for. When I found mine I posted in general if anyone needed any that they were up. When more people are looking for something it makes it easier to find :D

Good Luck!!

Angel_02
Top Rater

Post by Angel_02 » December 14th, 2012, 10:41 pm

thanks i might try that

does anyone know if the amount of zone quest completed could affect the phasing in this area? i have my alts that have done none of the zone but my main has done all of it, would that affect the phasing since i know icecrown is so heavily phased?

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Jeykama » December 14th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Friends of mine have parked lv1 alts at that area and had successfully caught whelplings with them, so doubtful if there is any phasing there at all.

Angel_02
Top Rater

Post by Angel_02 » December 16th, 2012, 1:42 am

where is the best place to leave my alt for camping this pet then? i keep her up on the little hill with the shrine thingy but where do others keep these?

Oceanaia
Top Rater
Pet Score:5376
BattleTag®:Oceanaia#1971
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Oceanaia » December 16th, 2012, 3:46 am

That's the correct place. I kept mine at the Silent Vigil (Shrine place) and maybe a little bit South of that towards Sindragosa's Fall. Hope this helps :D

Angel_02
Top Rater

Post by Angel_02 » December 16th, 2012, 7:43 am

thanks, guess its a matter of just keep checking then...

Safina
Top Rater
Pet Score:8336
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Safina » December 17th, 2012, 6:03 pm

all I can say about this one is don't give up hope at all. I never EVER saw one for weeks and weeks and today I happen to take a chance and I found one under the alt I had there. It was a poor. I stayed there for a while to see if more would show up. I saw an uncommon, but a horde feared me away from it . they weren't after it so I tried again. still the same thing happened.. Then a panda came and they left the panda alone. I assume the horde was saving it for the panda. so I flew way out on the other side where sindragosa was in the ice that crater place? and I found another one there! I nabbed it and it was a RARE! My heart was pounding away hoping and fearful that that horde would return, but I got it =D. So don't EVER give up ^^.