Pets introduction according to the patch

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Fingonek
Pet Score:6819
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu
Pets introduction according to the patch

Post by Fingonek » March 2nd, 2015, 8:44 am

Hi to all, I have a bit strange question. Is there some list or database or some filter that would enable to see in what order were the pets introduced?

I've jumped the wow-wagon during WOTLK, when there was around 125 pets or so, way before the hundreds after the introduction of the pet battles. I can tell approximately, which pets were introduced in WOTLK TBC and those from Vanilla.

E.g. Raptor pets came after the coveted whelplings (Emerald, Crimson, Azure), but even the whelplings didn't come at the same time.

Is there already some way to know this without asking Blizzard or datamining the sites like Wowwiki or Wowhead, pet-after-pet?

(I just couldn't resist and bought the Disgusting oozeling for 3,5 k and the thought hit me that this could be one of the oldest pets in-game...)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Pets introduction according to the patch

Post by Peanutty » March 2nd, 2015, 3:09 pm

Other than memorization? I think I might have a lot of this committed to memory (yes I waste brain cells memorizing useless things!)

For more recent pets, you could scroll through the "News" forum on this site, as there's usually an article of some sort with all the new pets that come out per patch. The tough part of that of course is I know I don't remember the dates that each patch came out.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 2nd, 2015, 3:13 pm

Wowhead has a filter on their [url=http://www.wowhead.com/petspecies]battle pets page[/url] called "Added in Patch" that might help. It goes all the way back to patch 1.12.0. There's also "Added in expansion" and "Added in build".
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Fingonek
Pet Score:6819
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Post by Fingonek » March 2nd, 2015, 6:16 pm

Quintessence wrote:Wowhead has a filter on their *** called "Added in Patch" that might help. It goes all the way back to patch 1.12.0. There's also "Added in expansion" and "Added in build".
This is cool! Thanks for the tip:-)