Sandstorm less sandstorm-y

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bru
Pet Score:4053
Realm:Blackrock-us
Sandstorm less sandstorm-y

Post by Bru » February 24th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Looks like damage reduction is broke with sandstorm.

I can't cover my carry pets effectively for a bunch of pandaran tamers now :(

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Sandstorm less sandstorm-y

Post by Luciandk » February 25th, 2015, 1:36 am

Man sandstorm seems to have problems quite often

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 25th, 2015, 7:36 am

Yes Sandstorm is bugged again and doesnt reduce ANY damage at all atm.
Intended Nerv?

Elepheagle
MVP
Pet Score:3364
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Elepheagle » February 25th, 2015, 10:31 am

Just wanting to echo that I'm also experiencing this issue. Had no problems using Anub for carrying on Aki/Yon prior to yesterday---Sandstorm isn't reducing the damage, making the fights a bit trickier!

Peppercat
MVP
Pet Score:10136
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Peppercat » February 26th, 2015, 10:42 am

Elepheagle wrote:Just wanting to echo that I'm also experiencing this issue. Had no problems using Anub for carrying on Aki/Yon prior to yesterday---Sandstorm isn't reducing the damage, making the fights a bit trickier!
I never really liked the Idol for leveling in Pandaria so except for the Burning Spirit I have gotten rid of him from all my teams, and even then I don't use sandstorm. If you want to replace a team, let me know. I'm happy to share.

Ariesflies
Pet Score:1996
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ariesflies » February 26th, 2015, 11:45 am

Peppercat wrote:
Elepheagle wrote:Just wanting to echo that I'm also experiencing this issue. Had no problems using Anub for carrying on Aki/Yon prior to yesterday---Sandstorm isn't reducing the damage, making the fights a bit trickier!
I never really liked the Idol for leveling in Pandaria so except for the Burning Spirit I have gotten rid of him from all my teams, and even then I don't use sandstorm. If you want to replace a team, let me know. I'm happy to share.

I'd love it if you could share your method!

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » February 26th, 2015, 12:50 pm

I was -just- coming to ask about this. It's weird because the tooltip for sandstorm doesn't read any differently than it used to- so it doesn't seem like an intentional change. Thankfully I only use sandstorm on the Aki the Chosen fight; not having it work properly doesn't seem to affect the outcome all that much.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 26th, 2015, 2:17 pm

Bug has been reported

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 746?page=1

As usual, no quick response from Blizz.

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » February 26th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Well at least I won't see any Sandstorm teams in PvP for a while haha. Take your time fixing the bug, Blizzard!

Gardenia
MVP
Pet Score:9499
Realm:Grizzly Hills-us

Post by Gardenia » February 26th, 2015, 3:07 pm

Just confirmed for myself that this is definitely an issue. This is causing me a huge headache as the lynchpin of my leveling team on the shores of Shadowmoon Valley is the Anubisath Idol.
WoW Twitter account: @TamerGardenia

Riddley
Pet Score:10464
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Riddley » February 26th, 2015, 4:41 pm

FWIW I was seeing this occasionally pre 6.1.

Peppercat
MVP

Post by Peppercat » February 27th, 2015, 8:57 am

Ariesflies wrote:
Peppercat wrote:

I'd love it if you could share your method!
Since Aki and Yon were mentioned before I'll share those. If you want others feel free to ask.

For Aki, I use Spirit Crab (H/H), Yellow Moth (P/P), and Carry.

Spirit uses Snap, Whirlpool, and Shell Shield. Start with the shield. Then whirlpool. Then snap until you need to refresh the shield when it has one round left. At this point I think he should be within one hit of dying. So I get up whirlpool (to hit the dragon), and snap to kill. Dragon comes in and I just snap all the way. Let the shield fall off. You actually want to die on the next otter guy. When the otter comes in cast whirlpool, and snap until you die. Switch in the carry then immediately to the yellow moth. Finish the otter off.

For Yon, I use Emerald Proto Whelp (P/P), and Darkmoon Tonk (anything with Ion cannon would work fine)

The chicken comes out and Emerald Bite first. Then Emerald Presence when he does his lift-off. then bite the rest of the time. The rabbit gets an emerald bite first round and then proto-strike to avoid his burrow. bite to finish off. Don't refresh emerald presence... you want to die on the goat. when the goat comes out just bite and wait to die. If you have to, pass a round so as not to kill him. When you die switch to carry then right to the tonk. the tonk can either ion cannon if the goat is low enough or attack until he's low enough for ion cannon to finish him off.

I hope all this makes sense and sorry that I never remember the other pets names. I might be off a round or two with abilities but I think I'm pretty good and it at least gives you the overall feel of the fight. On both of these you can do a level 1 carry. Oh and on the Proto whelp, ignore the dragon racial. I know it is tempting to get a hit in when it is active, but the order of moves is more important than the racial.

good luck!

Peppercat
MVP

Post by Peppercat » February 27th, 2015, 8:59 am

Oh, and I definitely did not make up these teams and found them while either on this site or another. Many more creative types that figure out the teams than me. I'm just a copy cat :)

Ariesflies
Pet Score:1996
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ariesflies » February 27th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Peppercat wrote:Oh, and I definitely did not make up these teams and found them while either on this site or another. Many more creative types that figure out the teams than me. I'm just a copy cat :)

Thank you for sharing! :)

Timain
Pet Score:4430
Realm:Chamber of Aspects-eu

Post by Timain » February 27th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Peppercat wrote:Oh, and I definitely did not make up these teams and found them while either on this site or another. Many more creative types that figure out the teams than me. I'm just a copy cat :)
Thanks for the Yon fight strategy! This works beautifully!

Aki actually still works fine with the Idol, just can't cover Chirrup's Swarm with Sandstorm. So I put a leveling pet (lvl 1 beast was my test) in first round, it survived (barely, but hey ;)), then the Idol soloed the rest with Stoneskin instead of Sandstorm.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » February 28th, 2015, 9:44 pm

Timain wrote:
Thanks for the Yon fight strategy! This works beautifully!

Aki actually still works fine with the Idol, just can't cover Chirrup's Swarm with Sandstorm. So I put a leveling pet (lvl 1 beast was my test) in first round, it survived (barely, but hey ;)), then the Idol soloed the rest with Stoneskin instead of Sandstorm.
This is what I've been doing as well.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » March 2nd, 2015, 12:42 pm

Riddley wrote:FWIW I was seeing this occasionally pre 6.1.
Nope pre 6.1 Sandstorm was fine.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 2nd, 2015, 1:31 pm

Drudatz wrote:
Riddley wrote:FWIW I was seeing this occasionally pre 6.1.
Nope pre 6.1 Sandstorm was fine.
Almost...the pre-expac patch brought back the Sandstorm - Elemental Racial bug, which was previously fixed.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Mahri
Top Rater
Pet Score:5141
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Mahri » March 2nd, 2015, 5:24 pm

Was just coming here to search for info about this - if it was me that was bugged or if Sandstorm was bugged. I love Idol, so I hope they fix it. But I'm gonna try the spirit crab-team. Thanx for sharing that :)

It makes a different since the Aki/Yon fights were the fights I started out a lvl 1 pet. Can't do that now

Ifni
Pet Score:10458
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Ifni » March 4th, 2015, 7:01 am

With Sandstorm bugged, do folks have a workaround for the Flowing and Whispering fights? Even level 15+ carry pets are dieing to the aoe damage the spirit teams put out. Any suggestions welcome!!