Related Topics: Garrison XP Nerf --> AH Rare 25 Prices

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Grendlyn
Pet Score:2339
Realm:Elune-us
Related Topics: Garrison XP Nerf --> AH Rare 25 Prices

Post by Grendlyn » February 24th, 2015, 7:12 pm

Given it just became more difficult to level pets quickly, what do we think the impact might be on AH pricing and desirability?

I often see Level 25 Rares on the AH for a few thousand more than their level 1 counterparts but they don't seem to move very quickly, i.e., people don't seem to be all that willing to pay more for a pet they can level easily themselves??? At least, that is my observation and consequent assumption.

Thoughts?

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Related Topics: Garrison XP Nerf --> AH Rare 25 Prices

Post by Ranok » February 24th, 2015, 8:25 pm

It depends on how much buyers value their time. With the safari hat and pet treats and battle-training stones, even after the Menagerie nerf it's easy enough to level a couple of pets from 1to 25 in under an hour. If you had a level 3 garrison and the hat, would hafta figure your time was worth 4,000 G an hour to pay a 2K premium to buy a pre-maxxed pet from the AH.

Always possibility of finding a buyer that hates to do pet leveling, or doesn't have a level 100 toon yet, or is in a hurry to raise the score for his collection. That's how an awful lot of the AH seems to work, can't really complain about sellers with ridiculous prices, it's the people who buy that stuff that you gotta wonder about. But I've also noticed that the AH listings for 25's that are way higher than the 1's don't seem to move.

Personally I have extra motive for leveling my own pets, I level alts at same time. It's faster than questing.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Related Topics: Garrison XP Nerf --> AH Rare 25 Prices

Post by Peanutty » February 25th, 2015, 12:23 am

I think the prices of lvl 25 pets might go up a little, but not because of the "nerf." I noticed a lot of people who weren't pet battling much saying they were going to give it a go now, thanks to the "free" instant level 25 stone, so I have a feeling that those folks might be inclined to buy more 25s if they discover they do like it (and want to beef up their stables a bit, quickly).