Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Anyone else parking toons for tomorrow?

Post by Ravnhawk » February 23rd, 2015, 4:03 pm

So who else is parking toons to run the old raids for new pets tomorrow?

Everyone I have that can solo it will be parked some where to save travel time WOOT!

New pets make me do a happy dance. (Insert Snoopy happy dance music here) . I can only hope that there are not 10 breeds for each new pet LOL.

My best case scenario would be to get 1 new pet per raid. That would make me extremely happy!

Good luck all! Happy Hunting!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Anyone else parking toons for tomorrow?

Post by Peanutty » February 23rd, 2015, 5:42 pm

I'm probably going to spread out my runs throughout the week actually, at least with my alts. Hyjal is the one I'm least looking forward to because of how long it is timewise, since you can't skip anything. Since Sunwell is the easiest and fastest (i.e. any class that can drop aggro can skip everything all the way to Brutallus) I might concentrate on that first.

Just hope I have better luck than when RWLII first came out. My first week of runs for that set were really terrible, something like 2 pets out of a dozen clears of all the raids. :(

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » February 23rd, 2015, 8:58 pm

I have to wait till the weekend to start the BC raid spam, will aim to do each raid twice a weekend till i have all the drops, lack of spare time will not permit me more opportunity than that, still no rush as theres a long wait till next patch and any new pets that might bring :D

Gardenia
MVP
Pet Score:9499
Realm:Grizzly Hills-us

Post by Gardenia » February 23rd, 2015, 9:19 pm

Yep! As I stated in a reply to a previous thread, I'm going to be putting a total of 8 toons outside BT when I log for the night (six level 100s and two level 93s). The plan is to run them all through, hearth to Pandaria, vendor, then hop the portal to Shatt/Dalaran for the easy ports to Quel'danas/CoT.

The worst one for me is going to be Hyjal, since everything is mandatory to kill and I can't sneak past any trash in between bosses like in the other two raids. That's why I'm planning on doing it last, lol. I will be staying up as long as it takes to get through every single one of my planned 24 raid runs, and hopefully I will be rewarded for my efforts with a majority of the new pets. :D
WoW Twitter account: @TamerGardenia

Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Colar » February 23rd, 2015, 10:45 pm

Parking everyone I got that can solo em. I am aiming to get a full set of new pets before the weekend and with 5 alts per raid, it is doable.

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » February 24th, 2015, 3:58 am

parking my toons there, though only 4 are high enough

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » February 24th, 2015, 5:05 am

I'm not a great fan of running old content, even as a faceroll. There is other stuff to do in 6.1 and my main plan will be to wait for the AH price on the pets to drop to a 'reasonable' level and to buy them.

If the price looks like it will stay high (low drop rate) then I will start running them and have a good number of 100's and 90+ chars to run them with :D.

Here's hoping a high drop rate and loads of people getting them and selling them.

Peterc

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » February 24th, 2015, 10:55 am

As someone who didn't do much raiding while leveling, I was wondering if someone could post the waypoints for the raid starting points? Many thanks in advance for any help in this area.

Mantrhax
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Mantrhax#1413
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mantrhax » February 24th, 2015, 11:16 am

i am not in a hurry to get them, so i'll set a slow pace for my hunt

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » February 24th, 2015, 11:32 am

Mantrhax wrote:i am not in a hurry to get them, so i'll set a slow pace for my hunt
Same. There is no time limit or massive gate in front of them.
When I have time ill run the raids, see what drops, otherwise ill see what the AH yields.
So far in all my pet endeavors i found I can make more money in the time that it takes me to farm the pet by farming gold / the AH and simply scoop up from there.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 24th, 2015, 11:43 am

I'm not sure I'll have any time to play tonight so I didn't park any toons. If I do end up running any of them I'll be putting any pets I get up on the AH knowing they'll be worth more now than in the future. I did that with Syd when I got him on the second day he was available and it turned out well for me.

Bru
Pet Score:4053
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Bru » February 24th, 2015, 3:25 pm

Did a first pass with one toon today and got 1 pet (Fragment of Anger). :(

I forgot how annoying Hyjal was in terms of waiting for waves and what not. Black Temple was slow with lots of running but at least no waiting. As noted, Sunwell went the fastest of all 3 since you can just mounted/ride through most of the zone with minimal waiting time.

Definitely going to be a grind but at least it is a new one?

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » February 24th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Bru wrote:Did a first pass with one toon today and got 1 pet (Fragment of Anger). :(

I forgot how annoying Hyjal was in terms of waiting for waves and what not. Black Temple was slow with lots of running but at least no waiting. As noted, Sunwell went the fastest of all 3 since you can just mounted/ride through most of the zone with minimal waiting time.

Definitely going to be a grind but at least it is a new one?
I spent many hours doing all 3 on my four toons that could, and hyjal was indeed annoying. on the other hand I ended up with 10 pets, including 2 duplicates. bought 2 of the ones I missed from guildies, and now only missing fragment of anger and suffering. :)

Girandzim
Pet Score:7078
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Girandzim » February 25th, 2015, 5:24 am

Took 14 characters, with quite a few duplicates, but I got my achievement about 30 minutes ago. Damn those Fragments, that's all I have to say.

Steamanubis
Pet Score:2372
BattleTag®:steamknight#1987
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Steamanubis » February 25th, 2015, 8:51 am

I did a Black Temple run last night, and snagged [pet]Abyssius[/pet], [pet]Sister of Temptation[/pet], and [pet]Leviathan Hatchling.[/pet] I'm going to take my other level 90/100 toons into BT on runs today and hopefully snag a fragment. If I get lucky, I'll get Illidan's music roll.