haunt glitched?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wreckingbelle
MVP
Pet Score:3985
BattleTag®:leir#1124
Realm:Kirin Tor-us
haunt glitched?

Post by Wreckingbelle » February 21st, 2015, 7:41 pm

i just had haunt miss twice in one pvp fight. there were no other mitigating factors: there was no increased change for dodge, there was no weather effect to decrease hit chances, nothing like that. it just straight up MISSED, TWICE in one fight.

i was using my B/B unborn valkyr and i was against a sky-bo whose failsafe mechanism had already activated. the second miss was the decisive move of the fight and i lost this fight. haunt has a 100% hit chance and a 4 round cooldown.

what in the world just happened??

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: haunt glitched?

Post by Painbow » February 21st, 2015, 8:04 pm

Record video next time. You can use software like Open Broadcaster (OBS) and just use your CPU to stream directly to twitch. Have the pet battle log window open and try to reproduce the problem and maybe someone can offer an explanation.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 21st, 2015, 8:37 pm

haunt will miss if your Undead racial is active. It's an intended feature to the ability. They nerfed it for WoD.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Wreckingbelle
MVP
Pet Score:3985
BattleTag®:leir#1124
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Wreckingbelle » February 21st, 2015, 9:36 pm

i have tried to recreate the problem and have been unable to do so. the second time i used it, the undead racial had activated so that accounts for at least one miss. the first miss cannot be accounted for, and this annoys me.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 21st, 2015, 10:47 pm

Wreckingbelle wrote:i have tried to recreate the problem and have been unable to do so. the second time i used it, the undead racial had activated so that accounts for at least one miss. the first miss cannot be accounted for, and this annoys me.
Is it possible the first time was the turn that your undead valk got brought to 0 and the undead racial triggered?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » February 22nd, 2015, 6:18 am

if he put a decoy and it was hit by a dot and dissapered from the buffs it might be still up, happened to me more than once.