Best/quickest path for all WoD pet tamers?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us
Best/quickest path for all WoD pet tamers?

Post by Painbow » February 21st, 2015, 7:34 am

I'm trying to find the quickest path for the daily WoD pet tamers. I slapped the following together, but I'm looking for some actual scientific/mathematics instead of just shooting from the hip and guesswork. I'm a fan of efficiency but I'm not a mathematician, so I seek your help.

This path assumes you have the following:
Aviana's Feather
Mechashredder 5000 (Gorgrond Zone ability)
Garrison Hearthstone
Goblin Glider Kit or
Goblin Glider (Engineering)
Wormhole Centrifuge (Engineering)

These are the five items I'm assuming for this, but if you have a better path with this sixth item in mind, please add it as it's not too difficult to get.
Bladespire Relic

1. Wormhole to Spires of Arak (Jagged Landscape). Goblin Glide, run, or feather to Vesharr depending on where the Wormhole dropped you.
2. Use Veil Terokk waypoint to fly Exile's Rise to in Shadowmoon Valley. Run to Ashlei.
3. Use the Exile's Rise WP to fly to Retribution Point, Talador. Run to Taralune.
4. Use Retribution Point WP to fly to Throne of Elements, Nagrand. Use Aviana's Feather to reach Tarr the Terrible.
5. Use Garrison hearth.
6. Use Garrison Mole Machine (in front of your Garrison if you did the quest) to port to Beastwatch, Gorgrond.
7. Run east towards Cymre Brightblade, then use zone ability (Mechashredder 5000, ability 3) to fly up and reach her.
8. After beating her, use Aviana's Feather again to get back to the flight path quickly. Fly to Wolf's Stand, Frostfire Ridge and run southeast to Gargra.
9. Done!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Best/quickest path for all WoD pet tamers?

Post by Jerebear » February 21st, 2015, 9:59 am

It depends on what kind of efficiency you are going for: Pet EXP efficiency or Pet Charms efficiency?

If going for pet EXP efficiency, then the WoD tamers should not be first on your list (they aren't out of the equation, but their priority goes down significantly). Also consider that Tarr the Terrible gives much less EXP than all the other WoD tamers (50-60% of the EXP the other WoD tamers give). He's at Cata/Wrath tamer EXP levels at the moment.

I have a fairly efficient Pet EXP route, but it is a MoP / WoD mix (MoP tamers are still more efficient in terms of pet EXP). What type of efficiency are you going for?

EDIT:
Stage 1: 10 mins
The pet EXP route I use (as alliance):
Hyuna (Jade Forest)
Whispering (JF)
Thundering (Vale of Eternal Blossoms)
Aki (VoEB)

Stage 2: 10 mins
Garrison Hearth (alliance) => Mole Machine => FP to deeproot
Cymre
FP to Iron Siegeworks => Avianna's Feather to Gargra
Gargra

Stage 3: 22-26 mins
Hearth to Shrine
Nishi (Valley of the Four Winds)
Mo'ruk (Krasarang Wilds)
Flowing (Dread Wastes)
Shu (Dread Wastes
Yon (Kun-Lai Summit)
Burning (Townlong Steppes)
Zusshi (TS)

Stage 4: Remaining time
Garrison Hearth (alliance) => FP to Veil Terrok
Vesharr
FP to Retribution Point
Taralune
FP to Joz's Rylak. (Actually, I Argent Tabard teleport to Major Payne here...but not everyone has the tabard).
Tarr the Terrible
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 21st, 2015, 5:53 pm

I love your comment on "Not all have the tabard", and at the same time, you assume everyone have the Feather... :D :lol:

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 21st, 2015, 8:36 pm

Well technically I also assume everyone is alliance! I just figured it was way less likely for peeps to have the tabard. You can also hoof it to Gargra though you might lose out time for Tarr at the end.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » February 22nd, 2015, 2:33 am

Jerebear: I'm trying to find a way to fit the pandaren spirits into my daily route, but it seems that most 2-pet strats take awhile. Care to share your strat vs them? Are you able to fit all that within the 1 hour pet food buff? I've only been at it for a few days so I just got comfortable with the move orders against all the WoD/MoP tamers and I still mess up 1-2 times during my route which slows me down a bit as well as playing horde my path doesn't seem as efficient. Also I assume you start stage 4 with Ashlei.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 22nd, 2015, 12:08 pm

Darkchyld wrote:Jerebear: I'm trying to find a way to fit the pandaren spirits into my daily route, but it seems that most 2-pet strats take awhile. Care to share your strat vs them? Are you able to fit all that within the 1 hour pet food buff? I've only been at it for a few days so I just got comfortable with the move orders against all the WoD/MoP tamers and I still mess up 1-2 times during my route which slows me down a bit as well as playing horde my path doesn't seem as efficient. Also I assume you start stage 4 with Ashlei.
I use teams from our 5.4 teams forum guide at
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... m.php?f=10

It still works in 6.x.

I provided the order I did above. I can do all 11 MoP tamers (7 regular + 4 spirit) and at least 5/6 WoD tamers in an hour. I can also usually fit 1-2 lower EXP tamers before the hour expires, but it depends on if I have kids hanging on my arms or have some sort of really bad RNG too much.