Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Rainnocturne
Pet Score:2935
Realm:Area 52-us
Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Post by Rainnocturne » December 10th, 2012, 5:37 pm

I downloaded the BreedId addon from curse but it doesn't seem to show gender, does anyone know?

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Post by Zaelo » December 10th, 2012, 5:47 pm

ID 3-12 are male, and 13-22 are female

Jetstream
Pet Score:2508
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Jetstream » December 10th, 2012, 8:37 pm

http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetList

Load your character up on this. It'll tell you specifically what breed your pet, in particular, is.

3-12 male, 13-22 female, as the above poster said.

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » December 10th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Jetstream wrote:http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetList

Load your character up on this. It'll tell you specifically what breed your pet, in particular, is.

This is awesome! I was using warcraftpets to find the breed ID but I still didn't know if it was male or female. This says the exact number! Now I dont have to worry about nameing a male pet with a female name... >w>

Jetstream
Pet Score:2508
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Jetstream » December 11th, 2012, 12:16 am

TippyKitt wrote:
Jetstream wrote:http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetList

This is awesome! I was using warcraftpets to find the breed ID but I still didn't know if it was male or female. This says the exact number! Now I dont have to worry about nameing a male pet with a female name... >w>
There might be an addon that'll do the same thing in game, but I don't know which one.

The BreedID addon I use only gives it to me in an an alphabet format (PP, P/B, P/S, blah blah blah.)

... Also I kinda don't care. Pasquirrelio is a boy even if BreedID says he's a girl.

If it's eventually visible in default UI then he's trans and Blizz can bite me ;)

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » December 11th, 2012, 8:35 am

Jetstream wrote:
There might be an addon that'll do the same thing in game, but I don't know which one.

The BreedID addon I use only gives it to me in an an alphabet format (PP, P/B, P/S, blah blah blah.)

... Also I kinda don't care. Pasquirrelio is a boy even if BreedID says he's a girl.

If it's eventually visible in default UI then he's trans and Blizz can bite me ;)
I'm betting that if/when the sex of our pets becomes important most of the adds will probably write it in.

Haha! Thats adorable! I have an Infested Bear Cub that I named Morticia. It was the first pet I really really wanted and I caught it while I was watching the Adams Family cartoon. I wanted to name my Scourged whelpling Gomez so I wanted at least those two to match there names. Most of my pets are unisex names (like my oily slimeling named Eye See U) except my Jade Ooze who's named Barfolomew...and its a girl...but I dont care! XD (cudos if anyone gets the reference :3 )

Humbelle
Pet Score:4574
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Humbelle » December 11th, 2012, 10:21 am

I absolutely LOVE that website. I tried posting a link to it but I haven't posted enough yet to be able to post a link.

I use it to help me decide which pets to upgrade. :-)