Anubisath Idol nerfed?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sfhipchick
Pet Score:5367
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Anubisath Idol nerfed?

Post by Sfhipchick » February 20th, 2015, 12:51 pm

As highly rated as this guy is, I have been fairly non-plussed by the high percentage of misses when I use Demolish or Crush. Is there any other breed than HH? I like to open with Sandstorm and sometimes use Rupture, and then use either Demolish or Crush (whichever I've got going for the fight). My guy misses up to 5x in a row, seemingly whatever I'm fighting, and I don't like using him anymore. Has he been nerfed or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your comments! :)

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Anubisath Idol nerfed?

Post by Melfice » February 20th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Not that I know of, and Sandstorm has a -10% hit chance, so you were getting some bad RNG it seems. I'm sure you already know this, but Demolish has a 50% chance to hit. So with Sandstorm the move will be at 40% hit chance. That's really low, and won't land most times

Anubisath Idol only has one breed and it's H/H etc

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 20th, 2015, 1:43 pm

There were some changes made to this pet a few months ago. It has been "nerfed" in the sense that it was previously broken so Demolish would hit way more than the 40% listed chance under Sandstorm, and that has now been fixed. It's still a very strong pet, but not ridiculously overpowered like it used to be.

Rikmach
Pet Score:6158
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Rikmach » February 20th, 2015, 4:01 pm

Sfhipchick wrote:As highly rated as this guy is, I have been fairly non-plussed by the high percentage of misses when I use Demolish or Crush. Is there any other breed than HH? I like to open with Sandstorm and sometimes use Rupture, and then use either Demolish or Crush (whichever I've got going for the fight). My guy misses up to 5x in a row, seemingly whatever I'm fighting, and I don't like using him anymore. Has he been nerfed or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your comments! :)
Also, many moves have had their accuracy increased, so Sandstorm isn't quite as ridiculous defensivelly as it used to be- it's still good, though.

That said, Demolish shoul probablly not be used with it- use Stoneskin instead, if you really need to use it. Crush should be hitting just fine, though, you probablly just had a run of bad luck.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 21st, 2015, 1:42 am

Graven wrote:There were some changes made to this pet a few months ago. It has been "nerfed" in the sense that it was previously broken so Demolish would hit way more than the 40% listed chance under Sandstorm, and that has now been fixed. It's still a very strong pet, but not ridiculously overpowered like it used to be.
Part of change last year was making Crush hit 100% unless there was a debuff like Sandstorm. Used to be it was 85% hit but hit harder. Continuous retuning, Blizz keeps us on our toes.

Sfhipchick
Pet Score:5367
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Sfhipchick » February 23rd, 2015, 12:21 pm

Hey, thanks so much for the replies, guys! It's nice to get some explanations. I'll use your advice and try him on some fights again, but I'm really not so sure he deserves to be top of the Best Battle Pet list. My current favorite is Spawn of G'Nathus, she's AMAZING!!!