Something Too Stupid not to Share

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Something Too Stupid not to Share

Post by Stella3 » February 18th, 2015, 4:01 am

Hi collectors,

Out of mostly humour I thought it would be funny to pet battle my rare/maxed comp of Cat, Chicken, and Rabbit. I thought it would give someone a giggle to verse such a plain team.

It turns out the few battles I did with them I consistently won.

So I just wanted to share that even though some people come at you with the most exotic pets and most expensive collections, in reality even the simplest of combos can win and be effective. I sure wish to have seen the people's reactions on the other screen for losing to such a simple "farmer's combo." :lol:

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Re: Something Too Stupid not to Share

Post by JEC » February 18th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Not so stupid, really :)

I've noted in the past that you can do pretty well with a snake, a rabbit, and something that flies.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » February 18th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Can you tell us what abilities you used?

Thanks

Stella3

Post by Stella3 » February 18th, 2015, 5:31 pm

Well to summarize I basically will get my rabbit out and dodge and scratch until I win, then finish off with stampede before dying so as to apply the shattered armor debuff.

I will then bring out my chicken and use the egg barrage and peck, that will kill the next pet, which I then finish off with egg barrage again on their last pet before dying.

Finally I bring out my cute cat and just use the move that lets you ready a pounce and get 150% damage then finish with a bite.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "stupid" as the basic pets can do a lot of damage when used properly, its mostly something I personally found amusing.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 19th, 2015, 2:05 am

So mostly it's all the battlers that field a dream team that they read about, which works well with other peoples' dream teams sometimes. When you hit them with something unusual they choke.

Bit of Blizz brilliance, all of these super pets have weaknesses, with just the right opponents they suck.

Must be intense, and fun, designers sitting in conference rooms in California working out what pets have what talents.

Aenara
Pet Score:4504
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Aenara » February 19th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Ranok wrote:Must be intense, and fun, designers sitting in conference rooms in California working out what pets have what talents.
Totally agree with this. In fact, I wish we'd hear more about what the pet person or team does. There always seems to be lore posts about what Thrall or another main character is up to. They have interviews with the PvP designers talking about balance and what's coming in the next season. There was super-hype around garrisons. I'd like to hear more about the pets.

How do they decide what breeds to allow? How do they determine what base stats should be? How did they test adding a heal+buff to flyers ([url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/aquatic/rain-dance/]Rain Dance[/url]) and find it balanced? :lol:

Is there anything out there answering these kinds of questions? Maybe I haven't looked hard enough and have missed something.

Stella3

Post by Stella3 » February 19th, 2015, 5:01 pm

Ranok wrote:So mostly it's all the battlers that field a dream team that they read about, which works well with other peoples' dream teams sometimes. When you hit them with something unusual they choke.

Bit of Blizz brilliance, all of these super pets have weaknesses, with just the right opponents they suck.

Must be intense, and fun, designers sitting in conference rooms in California working out what pets have what talents.
I couldn't have said it better myself, I was thinking mostly the same thing that part of my success with my 'farm team' was that nobody is really used to versing them on a serious level.

Meanwhile in the Bliz conference room: "Hmm lets add an in game pet collection, but lets make sure that some pets can never be acquired such as Murky or Tyrael, unless you have a few extra thousand dollars lying around!"