Pet Journal and Achievement not matching

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us
Pet Journal and Achievement not matching

Post by Saviya » December 10th, 2012, 7:34 pm

A few days ago, I tamed a stunted shardhorn and it came up in the chat box that I had tamed it and it'd been reduced by capture. Looked in my journal, it wasn't there. Had to go catch another. Achievement marked it as caught the first time, but I didn't actually have it. Yesterday I realized my achievement is now counting 2 more pets than my journal has, and using the tracker here (the addon one) it's also counting 2 more than my journal has. Couldn't figure out what was missing, so I put in a ticket. They said I was missing Baby Ape and Anodized Robot Cub. My cub is my main battling pet right now so I knew he wasn't missing, and I checked and my Ape was still there too. Put in another ticket and the second GM said no, those aren't in your book because you deleted them, but I've replaced them. So now I have a blue and a green cub, and a green and grey ape.

If you actually made it through all that, why are the pets I kept not counting as actually being there, and if I release the ones they restored will it mess with the ones I wanted to keep?

Jordicus
Top Rater
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Arygos-us

Re: Pet Journal and Achievement not matching

Post by Jordicus » December 11th, 2012, 6:02 am

i would remove any PetJournal related addons first, as ones like PetJournalEnhanced make changes to the listings, especially if you have kept updating the addon.

Mag
Pet Score:9438
Realm:Twisting Nether-eu

Post by Mag » December 11th, 2012, 6:55 am

I have the same issue, and whats doing it for me is the alliance guild page/herald (im horde). Learned those pets on an alliance alt, but they dont show up as learned on my horde character, but they still count for the achievement, same thing with horde guild page/herald on alliance characters

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » December 11th, 2012, 9:29 pm

I don't have any pet journal addons, and I 100% sure it's not the horde/alliance only versions of pets since this issue only happened in the last 3 days. I'm guessing when they look in my journal they don't see that I still have the pets, even though I can see them so I'm worried if I delete the new ones they gave me it might delete the ones I kept.