Apocalypse in PvP

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Homura_akemi
Pet Score:960
Realm:Twisting Nether-us
Apocalypse in PvP

Post by Homura_akemi » February 16th, 2015, 4:05 pm

[ability]Apocalypse[/ability] is just such a strong move in theory. It would be amazing in PvP if you had the perfect stall team. Any thoughts on what pets could stall a match long enough to make the ability hit?

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Apocalypse in PvP

Post by Topaz » February 16th, 2015, 5:10 pm

completly useless move, since you know exactly when it will hit its easily avoidable, undead and mech racial will still work and if youre cockroach/beetle is dead, you will need to sacrifice another pet to soak it.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » February 16th, 2015, 5:18 pm

Beetle, Beetle, Restless Shadeling
Why? Because Beatles are awesome!

Apocalypse is easily countered. One can swap in a pet with low HP to soak it. It is weak against Mechanical/Undead pets.
There are some restrictions. Your Apocalypse pet must be alive. Your Apocalypse pet must be your active pet.
Regardless, Apocalypse requires a lot of calculating.

When I use apocalypse I try to make a team that does not rely on it. I use it to get an edge in certain match-ups. There are some fights where I do not use it at all!
If you want to make a team around Apocalypse, I would focus on stall pets. Pets with lots of (self)healing and/or avoidance.

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » February 16th, 2015, 10:59 pm

It can be effective much more than one knows. I versed a team that had a Blossoming Ancient and some other kind of plant/heal type and one roach. It basically just summons the meteor than just tanks and heals.

To be honest I versed the team a few times and each time it was always very close and took a long, long time. It only works well on noobs to scare them in my opinion.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » February 17th, 2015, 4:28 am

Topaz wrote:and if youre cockroach/beetle is dead, you will need to sacrifice another pet to soak it.
If your [ability]Apocalypse[/ability] caster is dead, the [ability]Apocalypse[/ability] will miss. The caster will never have to sacrifice a pet to soak it (unless it was casted by the [pet]Pterrordax Hatchling[/pet]).

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » February 17th, 2015, 12:42 pm

Awq wrote:Beetle, Beetle, Restless Shadeling
Why? Because Beatles are awesome!

Apocalypse is easily countered. One can swap in a pet with low HP to soak it. It is weak against Mechanical/Undead pets.
There are some restrictions. Your Apocalypse pet must be alive. Your Apocalypse pet must be your active pet.
Regardless, Apocalypse requires a lot of calculating.

When I use apocalypse I try to make a team that does not rely on it. I use it to get an edge in certain match-ups. There are some fights where I do not use it at all!
If you want to make a team around Apocalypse, I would focus on stall pets. Pets with lots of (self)healing and/or avoidance.
Beetles are good for PvP? I never even thought of using them, and I don't think I have seen one in PvP yet haha

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » February 19th, 2015, 9:39 am

No. It's a themed team.
The Beatles: Beetle (Ringo), Beetle (Paul), Restless Shadeling (John) for example.

P/P Twilight Beetle, S/S Savory Beetle, Fire/Lava Beetle are the best Beetles imo. Other critters are usually better, but beetles still do okay!
Beetles aren't strong for the last few patches, since they are weak against AoE.