Ore Eater

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
Ore Eater

Post by Kendrah » February 8th, 2015, 6:31 am

I'm not completely hip to all the pet prices out there and I especially have no idea about the Ore Eater since I rarely see it but is 10k a good price do you think for it?

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Ore Eater

Post by Graven » February 8th, 2015, 6:50 am

Buying or selling? That's not a bad price to sell at, have seen them cheaper on EU realms.

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » February 8th, 2015, 11:14 am

That's on the high side- definitely not a bargain. The item ore eater comes from is called a red goren egg and it can be put on ah. I always see those for much cheaper than the pet itself- usually around 3-5k or so. You could try searching for that too.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 8th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Depends on the server. 10k is pretty average and isn't a bad price to buy OR sell at.
Taerie wrote:That's on the high side- definitely not a bargain. The item ore eater comes from is called a red goren egg and it can be put on ah. I always see those for much cheaper than the pet itself- usually around 3-5k or so. You could try searching for that too.
If breed matters you might not want to go this route, as the unlearned egg doesn't show breed and Ore Eater has... 4 or 5 breeds? The S/S seems to be more popular and can command a higher price.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » February 8th, 2015, 2:45 pm

Sounds like a fine price to me.. but Medivh's prices are somewhat off.. Cheapest I have seen is 38k on my server :shock:

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » February 8th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Someone linked me a website call Undermine Journal a while ago, it lets you search items, pets etc and see the price on your realm (or whichever realm you want) as well as the average price across all realms for the item. I rarely find the average price they list to be the one MY realm has but it helps to give a guideline idea of whether someone is posting something at a decent price.

So for the Ore Eater this is the page: https://theunderminejournal.com/#malganis/battlepet/1495
Since my realm is Mal'Ganis it shows that realm price first, but under that it has the US average price.
Hope that helps!

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » February 8th, 2015, 6:19 pm

I have toons on two servers that have enough gold on the AH toons to snag the odd bargain or two. I got an ore eater for 1400g a couple of weeks ago when it was the only one listed. Normally they range from 10-18k on that server as they do on my server.
As they are slowly becoming more common with so many folk having their own mines the price will drop if you are patient or as in my case lucky :D

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » February 8th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Lately, people have caught on to the red Goren egg and it now averages at least 7-10k anywhere.

I say 10-12k is what one can expect to pay right now for an Ore Eater and the s/s breed will run a bit more since it is slightly more rare and a desired breed by pvpers

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 9th, 2015, 3:38 am

Still an absurdly rare pet, which isnt helped by it having 5 breeds, with only one truly desirable one. Ore Eaters is consistently 15k+ on Earthen Ring EU

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » February 9th, 2015, 7:54 am

Tekulve2012 wrote:I say 10-12k is what one can expect to pay right now for an Ore Eater and the s/s breed will run a bit more since it is slightly more rare and a desired breed by pvpers
Aw, and here I was thinking my P/P one was lucky. Ah well.

Thanks guys! =)

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » February 9th, 2015, 12:48 pm

I haven't seen one under 15k on my server yet. And there has been zero eggs posted. It's not a high pop server, so prices tend to be a bit higher for me. At this point, I'm still holding out for one to drop. But to be honest, I have the worst RNG ever. I have 5 toons with a mine and I've mined all 5 every day religiously for the past 2 months. I rarely see a Goren, and they just don't drop anything but a bit more ore. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » February 9th, 2015, 6:19 pm

the rarity of it is around 1 in 900 from what i read at wowhead, i have 6 lvl 2 mines and 1 lvl 3 and havent had an egg drop yet and i have been mining 5 days a week since xpac launched i have killed hundreds of goren both in mines and out in draenor on my 2 mining toons, so yes its rare but its drop chance is better than certain whelplings etc, what makes it awful to farm for unlike whelplings is the amount of travel and time involved looking for ore nodes to mine and hoping a goren attacks and then hoping for that rare red egg to drop.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » February 9th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Saw it for weeks around 18k on my server. When it came up at 10k I bought it immediately. My server is not one of the near full servers and I know it's much cheaper there but I don't have the patience to farm gold for another server.

Several weeks have gone by and I still check the price is still near 18k most often.

I still harvest all my mines on each of my 92+ characters and have yet to see it since about the second week of this expansion, I believe I have in the ballpark of seven mines open to level two and four mines at level three.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479

Post by Tekulve2012 » February 9th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Hiya
Kendrah ... I'm sure your p/p breed Ore Eater is amazing.
I haven't come across one of those yet..but I have 3 Red Goren eggs( that I scooped up the last few weeks on some high pop AHs)
If I get lucky and hatch a p/p breed I'll let you know if it does well on my PvP comps

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 9th, 2015, 9:02 pm

I've gotten 1 to drop from my mines and hubby got 1 from his, so yes, they do drop, but not only is the drop rate low, but so it the spawn rate on the goren.

Oddly they were cheaper at the start of xpac because no one knew how common or rare they'd be.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 10th, 2015, 10:12 am

Pricing is very hard for items like these. Every realm has different values, and gold itself has different values as well. On some servers, both selling and buying prices are far above global price, and some have the exact opposite.

I only have a lot of gold on one server, so it is worth a lot more to me on my server than anywhere else!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » February 10th, 2015, 11:50 am

I snagged one for 10k a while back on my server, where I've otherwise yet to see them under 15k if there's any up at all. I think I'm somewhere in the 60 kill range for goren protectors, and no luck yet.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 15th, 2015, 9:51 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:Lately, people have caught on to the red Goren egg and it now averages at least 7-10k anywhere.
Great example today of how crazy the AH is, checking two high-pop realms (Stormrage and Area 52) not only is Red Goren Egg buyout higher than Ore Eater, but is 3 to 4 times higher. Egg being offered at over 45K. Either sellers don't quite understand about how pets work or they're hoping buyers don't.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 16th, 2015, 10:59 am

Ranok wrote:
Tekulve2012 wrote:Lately, people have caught on to the red Goren egg and it now averages at least 7-10k anywhere.
Great example today of how crazy the AH is, checking two high-pop realms (Stormrage and Area 52) not only is Red Goren Egg buyout higher than Ore Eater, but is 3 to 4 times higher. Egg being offered at over 45K. Either sellers don't quite understand about how pets work or they're hoping buyers don't.
Crazy when you know that it has 5 different breeds and you dont know what one you get.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Post by Kpb321 » February 16th, 2015, 1:50 pm

Well I could see some justification for the egg being a little bit more expensive, not x3 or x4. Lets say that the "bad" breeds are worth 10k each and the S/S breed is worth 20k. Assuming you have equal odds of getting any breed if I buy 5 eggs I should get 4 bad breeds and 1 S/S. Yeah I know you'd have to actually by many more than that to actually get it to work out that way but the theory still works. So now I've got 60k worth of Ore Eaters to sell so each egg was worth 12k.