Farm Rockbiter, Acidtooth and Stonechewer daily for XP

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aenara
Pet Score:4504
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us
Math Math Math

Post by Aenara » January 29th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Thanks for all the effort that went into this post! It is amazing how perfect the Pandaren Water Spirit's health ranges work.

Valianya
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Arathor-us

Re: Farm Rockbiter, Acidtooth and Stonechewer daily for XP

Post by Valianya » January 30th, 2015, 2:47 am

For everyone who doesn't have a lvl 25 [pet]Stitched Pup[/pet] (like me), here is a way to level it up quickly, and then finish leveling up against Rockbiter, Acidtooth, and Stonechewer.

I took my lvl 5 Stitched Pup and put him in a team for quick power leveling. Then I ran out of my garrison front door, to the lava pool, and went left. I battled the icespine hatchlings around the rocky outcrop until my Stitched Pup was level 15. Then I took him to Gargra and used [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] and [pet]Sprite Darter Hatchling[/pet] in a carry strategy to pull Stitched Pup through the fight. Any carry strategy for Gargra will do. After the fight he was lvl 18.

I hearthed back to my Garrison and paired my Stitched Pup up with [pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet] and [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet]. I used H/H Val'kyr, not sure if other will work too. Also, my Val'kyr was only uncommon and this worked fine. If your Val'kyr is rare, then you probably won't even need to use Curse of Doom or Unholy Ascension in the fight.

For the fight I used the OP Strategy. opening with the Pandaren Water Spirit. Pandaren Water Spirit dies and I switch directly to Stitched Pup.

Then the rest of the fight goes like this:

1) Howl
2) Diseased Bite (Bombs should hit, killing Stonechewer, Acidtooth comes out)
3) Switch to Val'kyr (2, 2, 2)
4) Curse of Doom
5) Shadow Shock until Val'kyr dies (this should take about three shadow shocks, leaving Curse of Doom with 1 round left)
6) Unholy Ascension (Curse of Doom hits and finishes off Acidtooth)

Alvien
Pet Score:3483
Realm:Twisting Nether-eu

Post by Alvien » January 30th, 2015, 7:25 pm

Can confirm this works like a charm, few failed battles if you are semi-busy watching a movie :) enjoy leveling

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » February 13th, 2015, 9:51 am

The only time this ever failed on me was if you follow the HP guide for the PWS and what to do, and instead of getting hit by the normal 508 damage move, you get crit. Other than that, I never failed following the OP exactly. I literally went through dozens of pets over a 3 hour romp with my trusty hat/25% treat/50% treat combo. I lost count, but I only have 6 pets now at lvl 15, and a boat load lvl 16-19, and of course well over 400 at 25.
mykro9#1585

Cellardoorx
Pet Score:1982
Realm:Darkspear-us

Post by Cellardoorx » June 14th, 2015, 4:32 am

Strat totally worked first time, but my carry pet only got 26 xp... granted it was level 22, but still not good for the carry pet leveling.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » June 14th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Cellardoorx wrote:Strat totally worked first time, but my carry pet only got 26 xp... granted it was level 22, but still not good for the carry pet leveling.
All of the menagerie battles except for Squirt got nerfed EXP.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » February 23rd, 2016, 3:45 pm

I did my homework on these guys, and looked at all the pets with pump, to find the one with most power AND speed to take these guys on, and of all pets, Fishy is the winner, hands down. With his combo of 260+ (at 273) to be faster than Bonechewer, and his 273 power, and since it isn't overkill, some of those points go into HP, giving him 1546. This ends up being a perfect combo to survive long enough AND do enough damage that 2 full pumps kills Rockbiter every time, and then you can either heal to survive Bonechewer, or pump then water jet and finish with an Iron Starlette.

So, Start with Fishy:
Pump>pump>pump>pump=Rockbiter dead.
Then it is your choice, heal now and survive a little longer with Fishy against Bonechewer, or
Pump>pump>Water Jet=Fishy dead
Iron Starlette P/P
Wind-Up>Powerball
(if Bonechewer is below 196, Powerball, otherwise Wind-Up)
(if Powerball killed Bonechewer, then there is no need for another Wind-Up, you are already 'cocked')
Then Wind-Up>Supercharge>Wind-Up=Acidtooth dead.
mykro9#1585

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 23rd, 2016, 7:00 pm

Mykro9 wrote:I did my homework on these guys, and looked at all the pets with pump, to find the one with most power AND speed to take these guys on, and of all pets, Fishy is the winner, hands down. With his combo of 260+ (at 273) to be faster than Bonechewer, and his 273 power, and since it isn't overkill, some of those points go into HP, giving him 1546. This ends up being a perfect combo to survive long enough AND do enough damage that 2 full pumps kills Rockbiter every time, and then you can either heal to survive Bonechewer, or pump then water jet and finish with an Iron Starlette.

So, Start with Fishy:
Then it is your choice, heal now and survive a little longer with Fishy against Bonechewer, or
Iron Starlette P/P
Wind-Up>Powerball
(if Powerball killed Bonechewer, then there is no need for another Wind-Up, you are already 'cocked')
While I still love the elegant dance that is the PWS/Stitched Pup combo in this fight, this one seems way faster, and less reliant on what the other team does. I haven't tried it yet, but I will definitely be doing so, especially now that I have 7 level 100 toons to do menagerie on...yipes! :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 23rd, 2016, 9:42 pm

Darolyn wrote:
Mykro9 wrote:I did my homework on these guys, and looked at all the pets with pump, to find the one with most power AND speed to take these guys on, and of all pets, Fishy is the winner, hands down. With his combo of 260+ (at 273) to be faster than Bonechewer, and his 273 power, and since it isn't overkill, some of those points go into HP, giving him 1546. This ends up being a perfect combo to survive long enough AND do enough damage that 2 full pumps kills Rockbiter every time, and then you can either heal to survive Bonechewer, or pump then water jet and finish with an Iron Starlette.

So, Start with Fishy:
Iron Starlette P/P
Wind-Up>Powerball
While I still love the elegant dance that is the PWS/Stitched Pup combo in this fight, this one seems way faster, and less reliant on what the other team does. I haven't tried it yet, but I will definitely be doing so, especially now that I have 7 level 100 toons to do menagerie on...yipes! :)
Fishy isn't level 25, so I used my P/S strider...worked beautifully. :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Oddjob
Pet Score:3793
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Oddjob » February 23rd, 2016, 10:52 pm

Strider strategy (actually a fast skimmer for me) of Pump x4 works great. Continued pumping with Acidtooth until he killed the skimmer, and then used a Blighthawk with Ghostly Bite and Lift-Off to finish him and Stonechewer off.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » September 1st, 2016, 10:31 am

Hi,

Plz be advised that this strategy is no longer possible as both Geyser and Whirlpool are no longer viable together on the Pandaren Water Spirit. It might still work, but it won't be as easy.

Watch the dates, as things have changed, and this information should be archived, for this fight.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 1st, 2016, 5:53 pm

[profile]Uduwudu[/profile], please do not necro-bump old threads that are no longer relevant. Thanks!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com