black market pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us
black market pets

Post by Echinacea » February 12th, 2015, 12:36 pm

i didnt know this place existed until i was running from ogres trying to get to the pet trainer and i saw another building. the black market person always has a pet for sale.

are there any special conditions that determine which pets are put up for sale? i assume its all computer generated (as opposed to real players listing things on the AH)

i bid 1000 for a black tabby cat this morning....i bet ill get outbid before its over. (lost an enchanted broom because i went to bed)

Monkeykibble
Pet Score:2069
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Re: black market pets

Post by Monkeykibble » February 12th, 2015, 12:44 pm

I've seen no rhyme or reason as to what pets are up, sometimes there's TCG pets, sometimes old SoO/ToT pets etc. You never know if you'll get outbid either, but pays to check just before you log-out. Not everyone knows the BMAH exists, so you can get some decent deals

Erdinger
Pet Score:12848
BattleTag®:Goldhaar#2899
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Erdinger » February 12th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Seen a few raid pets, like the Ji-Kun one, but with a starting price at 20k it didn't feel worthwhile to monitor it.

From what I've seen, checking it several times a week, it's mostly the argent tournie pets listed there, and those tend to sell for just over 1k, which isn't too bad a deal.

Also seen pets like the black tabby cat and the firefly sell for less than 4k, and I guess the other world drops can be found there as well but must be on rare occasions as I didn't see any yet and check it quite often.

There's also a bag full of darkmoon tokens listed occasionally.

Bring your own mailbox as there isn't any around and it will come in handy if you go on a bidding war when there's little time left of the auction.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » February 13th, 2015, 9:16 am

i got the black tabby for only 1600 gold! they sell on AH for obscene prices

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » February 14th, 2015, 10:43 am

Echinacea wrote:i didnt know this place existed until i was running from ogres trying to get to the pet trainer and i saw another building. the black market person always has a pet for sale.
She doesn't *always* have a pet on sale and they're at times really easy to get pets too (like silver tabbies) but sometimes you can get some good deals there. They sell mounts and gear from the latest tiers there too. The BMAH box has a chance to give a pet too (as well as a whole bunch of other things -- it's a real gamble. You could get the Invinsible mount for 10k or you could get a white kitten for 10k. Very much a gold sink.)