Newest vendor pets after expansion?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Burningrose
Pet Score:2743
Realm:Gilneas-us
Newest vendor pets after expansion?

Post by Burningrose » February 11th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Hi,
I just started playing again. I want to purchase those sold at any new areas open now through vendors. Are there any? Where are they? Do I need to do a special quest chain to get there first?

As a fellow pet lover, I want a new pet right now! I love pets! :) thanks so much!

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Re: Newest vendor pets after expansion?

Post by Rendigar » February 11th, 2015, 10:57 pm

All of the purchased pets are either locked behind a reputation wall (revered to buy them), a crafting minor wall (2 pets from Archaeology, one you can get in Frostfire Ridge the [pet]Frostwolf Ghostpup[/pet], crafted my someone (engineers and tailors), or found in the world on rares or even items on the ground (several spores you can just loot the pet from). There's even a pair of pets you can buy from a pet tamer in the Spires of Arak, assuming you can beat his team first. But you need to be 96 to unlock the zone and without flying I don't think you can get there by a friend unless a warlock and company summon you there.

Burningrose
Pet Score:2743
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Burningrose » February 12th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Thanks s much! I couldn't find this info anywhere and was driving myself crazy. I really appreciate it!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 12th, 2015, 4:04 pm

Rendigar wrote:But you need to be 96 to unlock the zone and without flying I don't think you can get there by a friend unless a warlock and company summon you there.
You can run into Spires of Arak via a road in Talador if that helps, but at low level that will be fun!
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » February 12th, 2015, 4:46 pm

Jerebear wrote:You can run into Spires of Arak via a road in Talador if that helps, but at low level that will be fun!
Oh absolutely, and if you enjoy corpse-hopping you can totally get there. Unfortunately I cannot tell you if the NPC will talk to you, though, as I've never tried to get there early.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » February 12th, 2015, 5:23 pm

Rendigar wrote:All of the purchased pets are either locked behind a reputation wall (revered to buy them), a crafting minor wall (2 pets from Archaeology, one you can get in Frostfire Ridge the [pet]Frostwolf Ghostpup[/pet], crafted my someone (engineers and tailors), or found in the world on rares or even items on the ground (several spores you can just loot the pet from). There's even a pair of pets you can buy from a pet tamer in the Spires of Arak, assuming you can beat his team first. But you need to be 96 to unlock the zone and without flying I don't think you can get there by a friend unless a warlock and company summon you there.
I was able to get to Spires of Arak by 93... a friend took me there on one of the multi-passenger mounts. Once there, I had no problem getting the daily done (like all pet dailies, it scales to your level).

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » February 12th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Maizing wrote:I was able to get to Spires of Arak by 93... a friend took me there on one of the multi-passenger mounts. Once there, I had no problem getting the daily done (like all pet dailies, it scales to your level).
Well there you have it - so you just need a friend to drag you there (oh, and bring gold, 1 of the 2 isn't cheap). Pet battles don't scale to your level - they don't scale at all. But the XP your character gains does scale based on your character level (I think it's around 2/3rds of what an appropriate level quest gives).