Am I crazy?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Am I crazy?

Post by FuxieDK » February 11th, 2015, 5:14 am

I haven't played SC2 in 2-3 years... I'm 1/4th to 1/3rd through the campaign, and I LOATHE the PvP aspect in Star Craft..

Yet, the other day, I shelled out, €39,95 for SC2HotS Collectors Edition, solely for the [pet]Baneling[/pet] pet...

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Re: Am I crazy?

Post by GrosBonda » February 11th, 2015, 8:41 am

Sorry to hear that .... you should consult like some of us :lol: :roll:
I did exactly the same things :) but at least my daugther play a tiny little bit SC2 :lol: :lol:

Rannegirl
MVP
Pet Score:5363
BattleTag®:RaiRai#1483
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Rannegirl » February 11th, 2015, 10:21 am

I had absolutely no intention of playing the game and bought it solely for the pet. :mrgreen:

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 11th, 2015, 3:17 pm

I bought D3 Reaper of Souls for the treasure goblin, and I have literally never played it. It doesn't even run on my machine - seems to have a default resolution too high for my gfx card or something.

I'm considering doing the same with HotS, assuming the pet will be just for buying, and not involve actually playing.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for cool, detailed pets. :)

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » February 11th, 2015, 3:22 pm

Welcome to the crazy pet collectors club, membership is now in the thousands and growing globally :mrgreen:

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » February 11th, 2015, 3:23 pm

I bought all the other games like diablo and starcraft collectors editions just for the pets, I've never even attempted to install starcraft :P

Heck, I've even gone back and bought old expansion CE's for pets I didn't get a chance getting the CE from back then ^^

You are not alone, although to make it seem a bit more worthwhile I advise you to install it and give a try xD

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 11th, 2015, 3:55 pm

It's nice to know, that I'm raving mad ;) Atleast I'm in good company :P
Graven wrote:I'm considering doing the same with HotS, assuming the pet will be just for buying, and not involve actually playing.
HotS is using the same scheme as Hearthstone..
Free to install and play... Money to buy skins and tougher heroes..
So it's most likely the pet comes from a set amount of played/won matches..

Razielix
MVP
Pet Score:10583
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Razielix » February 12th, 2015, 8:01 am

Haha yeah can't say I'm dissimilar I always get CE's when they come out, so many added goodies!

I'm also kinda the same with SC2 (Love campaign/story, pvp kinda meh), however I did play D3 and then ROS pretty heavily (still jump on every now and again), so for me the pets were really an added extra, as intended I guess lol
"Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire, or to challenge the Fates for another throw--a better throw--against one's destiny... What was a king to do?" - Kain

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » February 12th, 2015, 10:32 am

FuxieDK wrote:I haven't played SC2 in 2-3 years... I'm 1/4th to 1/3rd through the campaign, and I LOATHE the PvP aspect in Star Craft..

Yet, the other day, I shelled out, €39,95 for SC2HotS Collectors Edition, solely for the [pet]Baneling[/pet] pet...
Yeah, uhm, Thanks for that.
I didnt know about this until your post.
Now I, obviously, had to buy it and while at it get the Diablo collectors edition for the Gnome...

You owe me some $$$$ :)

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » February 12th, 2015, 10:41 am

FuxieDK wrote:I haven't played SC2 in 2-3 years... I'm 1/4th to 1/3rd through the campaign, and I LOATHE the PvP aspect in Star Craft..

Yes you are crazy. And I think to aleiviate that suffering you should just sacrifice the baneling so you no longer feel the guilt of spending that money. I know you are suffering but if it helps I would be willing to sacrifice my happiness to take that wretched baneling out of your life so you can finally find the joy you once had in life

:roll: :lol:

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 13th, 2015, 1:22 am

Abbotta wrote:

Yes you are crazy. And I think to aleiviate that suffering you should just sacrifice the baneling so you no longer feel the guilt of spending that money. I know you are suffering but if it helps I would be willing to sacrifice my happiness to take that wretched baneling out of your life so you can finally find the joy you once had in life

:roll: :lol:
You ate absolutely right...
And I would if I could, but sadly, you cannot cage the Baneling (thus, I'm eternally stuck with it), and even if I could cage it, you're on the wrong side of the pond..

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » February 13th, 2015, 2:45 am

No you're not crazy at all, its when you start thinking about how much you'd need to save each month in order to buy a Tyrael or that one murloc that goes for $5000+ that you realize you are crazy.

"Let's see, I will just not pay my student loan this month nor my credit card payment, that should be enough saved to get me the Tuskarr Kite." Yeahhhhhh.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » February 13th, 2015, 4:27 am

Rannegirl wrote:I had absolutely no intention of playing the game and bought it solely for the pet. :mrgreen:
Same here! :P
Last edited by Wakamaru on February 13th, 2015, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
@TamerWakamaru

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 13th, 2015, 6:51 am

Stella3 wrote:No you're not crazy at all, its when you start thinking about how much you'd need to save each month in order to buy a Tyrael or that one murloc that goes for $5000+ that you realize you are crazy.

"Let's see, I will just not pay my student loan this month nor my credit card payment, that should be enough saved to get me the Tuskarr Kite." Yeahhhhhh.
5000$ would be my "pocket money" for 3 whole years...

Yes, I'm a grown man, and get pocket money ;-)

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » February 13th, 2015, 9:52 am

FuxieDK wrote: Am I crazy?
Post by FuxieDK
Yes :lol: