ruby droplet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Leekada
Pet Score:2769
Realm:Stormrage-us
ruby droplet

Post by Leekada » February 10th, 2015, 12:29 pm

anyone think its worth the farming or high prices? i been wanting it to rotate in my pvp teams and i am level 100 and dont want to spend alot of time in the timeless isle.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: ruby droplet

Post by Morlis » February 10th, 2015, 1:14 pm

Getting up there is easier than it use to be, goblin glider to the rescue, cheap and anyone can use it. The drop rate is not great, I killed him like 15 times before I got one. I have probably killed him another dozen times over the last year or so and never got a second. If memory serves somewhere between 3% to 4% drop rate.

Respawn of 30 to 60 minutes, with bad luck you'll be there a while. What I did was park an alt there and did other characters while I waited. Checking back between things I eventually got it to drop.

At 100 I would think it a simple fight, if you have an alt a few levels lower I would think that still doable. With the right class he was soloable at 90. I never managed it with a priest or hunter though. Not saying it wasn't possible, I am just not as nimble as some people are with their class.

Boils down to if your time is worth the wait or just splurge and buy it.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Sile9
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Sile9 » February 10th, 2015, 2:19 pm

If you have any 90+ alts you are not using you can park them at the spawn point to log on and kick Garnia in the face when you get bored. The drop rate is pretty low though so it might take awhile, plus once you get the drop it might not be an ideal breed for PvP.

I have no idea what they go for these days, but I would imagine buying to be the best way to go; you'd probably make the money selling powerleveled pets in a much shorter time frame than farming the pet itself, and you can select the breed you want.

Matthias
Pet Score:2648
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Matthias » February 10th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Once you're up there and have killed her, look in the LFG tool and sign up to any groups started by someone not on your server. If they accept you'll move to that server and often get another Garnia to kill.