Am I the only one planning their pet leveling schedule?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
Am I the only one planning their pet leveling schedule?

Post by Abbotta » February 9th, 2015, 12:13 pm

Best two garrison leveling days today and tomorrow.

I've already targetted 20-30 pets I plan to get to level 25 in the next 2 days. Grubbles gang is today, Jahan's gang is tomorrow. Any pet level 12 or above is on the list. All pet charms I have will go towards pet food for extra experience.

Right now my pet collection average is 15.7 and I'm shooting for 16.5 by end of day tomorrow.

I got some great pets to level!

Anyone else plan out their power leveling days with these 2 Garrison Days?

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Re: Am I the only one planning their pet leveling schedule?

Post by Rendigar » February 9th, 2015, 12:20 pm

Just remember there is a "longer than reset times" maintenance planned for tomorrow, and when 6.1 hits the power-leveling days in the garrison may be over for good. So focus on getting all your little guys up today since you can XP up even the level 1's. That way if 6.1 does hit tomorrow you got the most bang for your minutes (and treats). If 6.1 doesn't hit then you can continue on with the planned leveling as per normal. :D

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » February 9th, 2015, 12:52 pm

Rendigar wrote:Just remember there is a "longer than reset times" maintenance planned for tomorrow, and when 6.1 hits the power-leveling days in the garrison may be over for good. So focus on getting all your little guys up today since you can XP up even the level 1's. That way if 6.1 does hit tomorrow you got the most bang for your minutes (and treats). If 6.1 doesn't hit then you can continue on with the planned leveling as per normal. :D
Which means we might not get a Jahan day so that could be it with tonight's report.

Most of my pets that are super low level aren't really great pets to start or I just purchased them that day. If the pet is that great I'll get them up to at least 12-15 so they are ready for super-pet-leveling days like today. My top on that list is Xu-Fu (he's 17) and my replacement Menagie Custodian (new one is now 15. I helped out a friend new to collecting so she could do Garga, she already had a level 25 Starlette and needed a 2nd strong mech pet so I gave her my 25 for her level 1).

I only use those XP bonus treats at the Garrison Dailies. I feel like when I use them out in the wild I waste time with traveling from pet to pet. So right now I have 3 treats from my last run at the Pandaria fable quests and I have 32 Pet charms. That should help me get a slew of targetted pets leveled up tonight.

If 6.1 ruins things tomorrow the it is what it is. An long time pet collector told me how he and a friend use to level their pets by pet battling each other but one would always forfeit so the other would get the experience. They would do that for hours and get a slew of experience. Since one would always forfeit right away the leveling was quick. I guess one day I will tell new pet collectors how we use to power-level pets on the garrison dailies. At least I got to enjoy that while I could.

Vaeevictiss
Pet Score:13035
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Vaeevictiss » February 9th, 2015, 2:46 pm

Rendigar wrote:Just remember there is a "longer than reset times" maintenance planned for tomorrow, and when 6.1 hits the power-leveling days in the garrison may be over for good. So focus on getting all your little guys up today since you can XP up even the level 1's. That way if 6.1 does hit tomorrow you got the most bang for your minutes (and treats). If 6.1 doesn't hit then you can continue on with the planned leveling as per normal. :D
I keep hearing this but what exactly is changing?

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » February 9th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Vaeevictiss wrote:
I keep hearing this but what exactly is changing?
Maybe this is me and I could be reading it wrong but it maybe be changed to where we won't be able to do all this extreme power leveling with the Garrison. I also read where the 'pests' might be a bit easier to complete so that non battle-pet collectors can kill them.

We shall see.

Vaeevictiss
Pet Score:13035
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Vaeevictiss » February 9th, 2015, 3:22 pm

ahh yea, thats what i saw. Im just crossing my fingers they arent nerfing the xp gains.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 10th, 2015, 12:10 pm

In the PTR the XP gains have been nerfed from all reports - there is a post about it out there as well. So the expectation is when 6.1 hits the massive XP with instant, free healing will be gone. Today is bird day on US servers (so I think it's Grubbles, Scrags, and Stings on EU?) so if 6.1 doesn't hit today then you've got at least another week of potential leveling to work with.

And I've heard panic stories of this being the end of days, what can we ever do to level? Don't Panic! The XP from the regular tamers is not being affected (Ashlei is still the most bang-for-your-buck) and you can still do the MoP tamer-circuit in 45 minutes or less just flying around. You can level a few pets a day and you will get there, there is no rush to get them all done (unless you're trying for 1st place on your server or something), so just focus on the ones you need and they will all be done in a few months time. After all, what will you do when all of your pets are maxed? :lol:

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » February 10th, 2015, 12:24 pm

6.1 won't drop today. I wouldn't imagine we'll see it until closer to the end of the month, maybe even early March. They're still pushing almost daily build updates to the PTR, so it's not ready.

Sojumonkey
Pet Score:32
BattleTag®:SojuMonkey#1872
Realm:Twisting Nether-eu

Post by Sojumonkey » February 24th, 2015, 7:26 pm

got 54 xp for todays menagerie fight.... they did nerf it. They destroyed it.