What 2 store pets to buy?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Casstheangel
Pet Score:10153
Realm:Kazzak-eu
What 2 store pets to buy?

Post by Casstheangel » February 5th, 2015, 12:59 pm

It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm thinking about getting two store pets. I already own blossoming ancient, Lil rag and brew pup. Just wondering which pets are good for battling right now :) thanks x

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: What 2 store pets to buy?

Post by Luciandk » February 5th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Pandaren Monk is an useful choice, but its NOISY!

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » February 5th, 2015, 1:29 pm

My vote is the Pandaran Monk and Lil Rag.

I honestly do not think there are that many very truly well built Dragonkin killers out there other than Bonkers and the Monk. Sure there are pets that have maybe one ability strong against Dragonkin. But across the board strong against Dragonkin the Monk and Bonkers I have found are the best. The Monk has a 2-hit setup that can take out some of the Dragonkins over in Pandarian Tamers.

And one only needs to look at the home page and the top 5 battle pet ratings to see Lil Rag is rated #5. To pass on that for a pet that is rated lower is just crazy.

Casstheangel

Post by Casstheangel » February 5th, 2015, 1:38 pm

Hey thanks :) I already own Lil rag, apart from the monk are there any others you'd recommend. Not heard much about argi? Wondering how that fares? X

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 5th, 2015, 2:06 pm

If it's strictly for its battle abilities I'd pick up a Lil' XT. The breed on it (H/P) is slightly better IMO than the Landro's Lil XT (P/B) and I use it for both the Uldum and Krasarang Wild tamer dailies, as well as wild battle grinding on beast types (i.e. Icespine Hatchlings in FFR).

Myon
BattleTag®:Myon#1319
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Myon » February 5th, 2015, 2:30 pm

I've always had a soft spot for the Soul of the Aspects. More from a PvP perspective than a PvE one mind you, since tamer battles are mostly 'solved' already and there are tons of optimum pets for those purposes.

Deflection, Sunlight, and Solar Beam is a pretty interesting toolkit to have on a dragonkin pet that you won't find on any other pet in the game.

It gives it a lot of unique options like Sunlight self-synergy with the dragonkin racial, and being able to kill mechanicals through their battle rez racial with a dragonkin racial boosted Solar Beam (second hit will nail them after they rez, it splits its damage like a multi-hit attack).

Taleranor
Pet Score:11827
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Taleranor » February 5th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Abbotta wrote:My vote is the Pandaran Monk and Lil Rag.

I honestly do not think there are that many very truly well built Dragonkin killers out there other than Bonkers and the Monk. Sure there are pets that have maybe one ability strong against Dragonkin. But across the board strong against Dragonkin the Monk and Bonkers I have found are the best. The Monk has a 2-hit setup that can take out some of the Dragonkins over in Pandarian Tamers.
My S/S Flayer Hatchling does a good job of tearing apart Dragonkin, especially in PvP. With Blitz, Deflect, and Kick, it tends to take out most dragons before they know what hit them.

As far as store pets go, I have no strong opinions, but the Cinder Kitten is adorable.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » February 5th, 2015, 4:26 pm

Peanutty wrote:If it's strictly for its battle abilities I'd pick up a Lil' XT. The breed on it (H/P) is slightly better IMO than the Landro's Lil XT (P/B) and I use it for both the Uldum and Krasarang Wild tamer dailies, as well as wild battle grinding on beast types (i.e. Icespine Hatchlings in FFR).
Lil' XT is definitely the best store pet you can buy which you can actually use it in PVE or PVP.

Other than that, there are 2 very good "money can buy" pets if you can afford.

The CE pet of burning crusade : Nether whelp.

The CE pet of WLK : Frosty

Both are excellent PVE and very strong in PVP also.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » February 5th, 2015, 5:37 pm

I'm going to second both Lil' XT and Pandaren Monk.

We're talking store pets, not CE pets. ;)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » February 5th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Casstheangel wrote:Hey thanks :) I already own Lil rag, apart from the monk are there any others you'd recommend. Not heard much about argi? Wondering how that fares? X
I only have Argi because it was the donation pet for Ebola. He's still at level 19, The Altrac Pup is actually lower.

I don't know why I didn't get Lil KT, for some bizarre reason I thought it was Mechanical. But looking at the specs it could be a nice sub for thsoe who don't have an Unborn Val'kyr.

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » February 5th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Taleranor wrote:
Abbotta wrote:My vote is the Pandaran Monk and Lil Rag.

My S/S Flayer Hatchling does a good job of tearing apart Dragonkin, especially in PvP. With Blitz, Deflect, and Kick, it tends to take out most dragons before they know what hit them.

As far as store pets go, I have no strong opinions, but the Cinder Kitten is adorable.
I know I used my Flayer for one of the early rounds for when I did my first Celestials but was not overly impressed with it in general. I personallly think powerwise that Bonkers and Pandaran Monk just pack more of a wallop than the Flayer Hatchling. But then again when I looked at the Flayer Youngling stats on this page I noticed that mine is H/H which I suspect is why I'm not overly impressed. I think if I had an S/S Flayer then it's usuability would go up in my book - getting the first hit is always a huge advantage! Guess I'm heading to Outland tonight!

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » February 5th, 2015, 6:45 pm

Lil' XT. I'm leveling pets as I grind out the 2000 wins for the monument up in FFR. Swap to him from leveling pet and Heartbroken + Tantrum wrecks most teams up there.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » February 5th, 2015, 7:38 pm

If anything, Lil' XT is fabulous for getting rid of those wretched Train Sets. :D

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 6th, 2015, 10:27 am

Aurae wrote:If anything, Lil' XT is fabulous for getting rid of those wretched Train Sets. :D
He is, but you don't really have to worry about the train sets any more, as it seems they nerfed the "choo choo" thing anyway.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » February 6th, 2015, 10:36 am

From fighting abilities stand point the ones already mentioned are good.

From a collectors standpoint I would consider [pet]Wind Rider Cub[/pet] or [pet]Gryphon Hatchling[/pet], sometimes not available because the Plush part of the package runs out of stock. When it is out of stock it can take months to come back into stock. Sometimes so long that people start to look for them on Ebay and other sites like that. Of course you will pay much more for them there though.

Both plushies that came with mine still sit on my daughters bed after 3+ years.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Casstheangel

Post by Casstheangel » February 6th, 2015, 1:01 pm

I was thinking of getting the Collectors ones but I'm in the uk and not sure how long they would take to come? I ordered argi just to see what he's like and for his cuteness, but I may order some more tonight :)

Aur
Pet Score:9797
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Aur » February 7th, 2015, 9:33 am

Casstheangel wrote:I was thinking of getting the Collectors ones but I'm in the uk and not sure how long they would take to come? I ordered argi just to see what he's like and for his cuteness, but I may order some more tonight :)
I am not sure about the UK, but in the US you can order within the game now and it is delivered immediately. I have bought my last couple that way and prefer it to using the web-based store now.

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » February 7th, 2015, 10:29 pm

Get Lil X.T. That pet has been useful as ever with its tympanic tantrum!