Stitches, Jr

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aur
Pet Score:9797
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
Stitches, Jr

Post by Aur » February 1st, 2015, 4:42 pm

I worked out a new strat for Stitches Jr. today, and have been happy with it so far, but I want to test it more to see how RNG proof it is.

[pet]Singing Sunflower[/pet]: (any), [ability]Photosynthesis[/ability], [ability]Sunlight[/ability]
[pet]Ruby Droplet[/pet]: (any), [ability]Dive[/ability], [ability]Drain Blood[/ability]

Start with the Sunflower, put up Sunlight & Photosynthesis.
Swap in the Ruby. You want to use Drain Blood on CD, Dive will avoid most enrages. Pass if you have nothing available.
When Sunlight has 1 round left, bring the Sunflower back in, Sunlight & Photosynthesis. The Photosynthesis will ensure the Sunflower does not die to Cleave.
Rinse and Repeat until Stitches, Jr. is dead.

If you don't have a Ruby Droplet, you can catch a [pet]Brilliant Bloodfeather[/pet] in Talador, although it does not have Dive so will take a more damage. I went out and caught a H/S one to test as backup to the Ruby for this fight but he is only level 21 so kept dieing to Cleave.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: Stitches, Jr

Post by Abbotta » February 2nd, 2015, 12:18 am

I did the today with Sprite Darter Hatchling/PWS/Chrominius. But was helping a friend out who didn't have any pets at level 25 with life exchange and had success with an Iron Starlette/Chrominius (didn't need the PWS). With the Starlette I could do two Windup-Supecharge-Windups (just toss whatever your middle ability in between combos). That left about 1500 left for the Chrommy to do Howl/Surge and that was that.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 2nd, 2015, 11:36 am

I just go with three pets with Tample. He has so much health the 10% of his health hits hard enough to get past his ability. A H/H pet is the best as the 10% damage portion doesn't scale with your power etc.

Jimbowheat
Pet Score:11179
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu

Post by Jimbowheat » February 2nd, 2015, 3:46 pm

Start with a Nexus Whelpling (or anything with Life Exchange). Pass the first couple of rounds, just to get your health down and then use Life exchange. Stitches will lose about half of his health.

Switch to a Pandaran Water Spirit, cast Geyser and then Whirlpool.

Switch to Chromius. Cast Howl (the Geyser and Whirlpool will do a ton of damage and stun Stitches) and then Surge of Power.

Easy peasy and very fast.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » February 2nd, 2015, 3:56 pm

There are many ways to do this.

Mine is to use the red cricket. He has extremely high attack power and block skill and healing and somehow, he is faster than the boss.

You can almost solo this (or least get the boss down to 20-30%) in most cases.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 3rd, 2015, 6:34 am

Jimbowheat wrote:Start with a Nexus Whelpling (or anything with Life Exchange). Pass the first couple of rounds, just to get your health down and then use Life exchange. Stitches will lose about half of his health.

Switch to Chromius. Cast Howl (the Geyser and Whirlpool will do a ton of damage and stun Stitches) and then Surge of Power.
USing this and it allways works 100%.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » February 3rd, 2015, 2:49 pm

Drudatz wrote:
Jimbowheat wrote:Start with a Nexus Whelpling (or anything with Life Exchange). Pass the first couple of rounds, just to get your health down and then use Life exchange. Stitches will lose about half of his health.

So what if he keep using aoe cleave damage? especially if he buff up and keep using 200% cleave damage, and you can still get 100% success rate?

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » February 3rd, 2015, 3:48 pm

3wd wrote:
Drudatz wrote:

So what if he keep using aoe cleave damage? especially if he buff up and keep using 200% cleave damage, and you can still get 100% success rate?
a guy on wowhead said if he uses cleave, forfeit and restart. i had trouble with him this weekend and i found that to be like 1 in 5 it seemed

Oddity
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Oddity » March 18th, 2015, 7:36 am

Just wanted to share what I did...my first daily, only have 1 level 25 pet (Anub Idol boosted from the new stone).

My next highest pet is 23, a roach and a snail with a tank skill.

I just loaded up my roach, cast Apocalypse, then swapped to Anub for Sandstorm, then kept going between snail for the armor buff, and back to Anub for Sandstorm/dodge.

It's a very strange, cowardly way of doing it...but I got the daily done. :P

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » March 20th, 2015, 8:23 am

I use a Cockroach with Apocalypse, cast it round one, then switch out for the Wanderer's Festival Hatchling with Perk Up and Cleansing Rain and just see it out. Third slot could be a boost pet I guess, but I keep Emerald Proto Whelp in there just in case Stitches kills the Wanderer and I can tank out the apocalypse.

Sternish
MVP
Pet Score:4502
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Sternish » March 21st, 2015, 11:02 pm

My new favorite way is to use a pig, I use Silver or Golden Pig but if you don't have one Mr. Wiggles works fine, too. Then I have Trunks and an Ore Eater. Ore Eater takes Demolish; Trunks takes When Elekks Fly and Avalanche; Pig takes Uncanny Luck.

Pig casts Uncanny Luck, swap to Trunks and spam When Elekks Fly until the Uncanny Luck buff wears off and then land an Avalanche. If he's not dead by then you can swap the Pig back in, cast its buff and bring in Ore Eater for a Demolish or two.

Dead Stitches and good times. :mrgreen:

Deadpoint
Pet Score:4562
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Deadpoint » March 22nd, 2015, 11:32 am

I just use nether faerie dragon and chrominius.

Start with nether faerie dragon
1. Life Exchange
2. Moonfire
3. Change to Chrominius
4. Howl
5. Surge of Power

I've yet to have that not work.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 22nd, 2015, 2:17 pm

I've had a lot of fun with the P/P crimson Geode + high power critter damage pet (Giant Sewer Rat, Red Cricket, etc.)

Crystal Overload
Stone Rush
Crystal Overlaod
Stone Rush

After those 4 rounds, the P/P Crimson Geode dies and Stitches Jr is in killing range from one attack from the second pet (I don't know if this was really really good luck, but out of 50 attempts, Stitches always led with Enrage, so the first Stone Rush nuked him pretty good).

I think the Ashstone Core has the same two moves, but less power than the P/P Crimson Geode, but it might work as well...just haven't tried.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » March 22nd, 2015, 10:13 pm

i have been using 3 striders, just pump and heal and job gets done

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » March 23rd, 2015, 8:21 am

Jazeel wrote:i have been using 3 striders, just pump and heal and job gets done
same. ever since the nerf I never got below 50% of the 2nd strider.