Reminder: New pet to pick up for Love in the Air

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Reminder: New pet to pick up for Love in the Air

Post by Luciandk » February 1st, 2015, 2:21 pm

[pet]Lovebird Hatchling[/pet] will be available from the Lovely Merchant for 40 love tokens.

And for the collectors, theres 2 new toys as well. First is the Heartbreaker which have a low chance to drop from the apotecaries. Second is the True love prism, achievement awarded. Have a friend use a manifactured love prism on you till you have 50 stacks and you will recieve it.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Re: Reminder: New pet to pick up for Love in the Air

Post by Waflob » February 2nd, 2015, 2:56 am

Thanks for the headsup.
I'm not sure whether to be happy that there's another pet to get, or to graon at the thought of another grind I thought I'd left behind me :-)

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » February 2nd, 2015, 6:14 am

Spent the last two weeks levelling up alts of a chance at Love Rocket mount. Now Toys and Pet to get too. Yay.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » February 2nd, 2015, 7:14 am

The Heartbreaker actually drops from the Heart-Shaped Box you get for completing the Crown Chemical Co. event boss once per day per character (as does the rocket and toxic wasteling). So don't waste your time running the event boss several times to hope to get it! They only drop the necklaces.

Breezy
Pet Score:6113
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Breezy » February 2nd, 2015, 7:35 am

Thanks for the reminder! :)

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 2nd, 2015, 9:35 am

Was easy enough to get the new pet. I noticed that its actually a critter pet and not a flyer as initially thought!

I think this is first time I see a critter with a stun, and its S/S breed, so it can easilly make use out of it.

Its also the second pet to come with [ability]Pheromones[/ability]. Though Pheromones is a far cry from its glory days now, a single pheromones cast will do a total of 420 damage on both backrow pets for a 5round cd. Its a good ticking damage to run while you keep hitting the enemy with alpha strike. Plus using [ability]Hawk Eye[/ability] can potentially bring Pheromones up in the dangerous range

While the other slot 3 option, predatory strike is more precise in its application and not requiring both backrow pets to be alive, it only slightly exceeds alpha strike in damage when not in execute range.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » February 2nd, 2015, 10:15 am

Ooh, didn't know about this! Hopefully finish this off tomorrow with the dailies. Neat! :D

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 2nd, 2015, 11:40 am

It is tradable and 40 tokens isn't a huge amount from what I recall so I expect it to be pretty common and cheap on the AH fairly quickly.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 2nd, 2015, 1:01 pm

Theres several very good grinding spots in Draenor to rack up the lovely charms in massive bulk. The stoneshard grubs near Cymre Brightblade respawns quite fast and in large amounts, theres 2x2 spawnpoints of them in close range. One set in the small tower with the hiver queen, and the other set slightly away outside it.

Another good spot is the carnivorous squirels in shadowmoon, but that spot is hotly contested, just one additional guy grinding there and your yield will go way down.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 2nd, 2015, 3:21 pm

Kpb321 wrote:It is tradable and 40 tokens isn't a huge amount from what I recall so I expect it to be pretty common and cheap on the AH fairly quickly.
Yea 40 is what Peddlefeet costs too, iirc. So, expect to see these birdies all over the place and pretty cheap. :)

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » February 2nd, 2015, 4:51 pm

once a day you can go to TI and use the purple crystal to kill the sprites - got about 70 charms (or 7 necklaces) in 30 seconds.
for alliance i found that the podling on the shore+forest east of the garrison is a great place (right outside from the squierl farming spot).

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » February 2nd, 2015, 5:10 pm

The swarmers on the timeless isles also are very good to aoe. They have VERY low hp, a fast respawn and still drop the lovely charms. The same can be said about the turtles on the beach there.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 2nd, 2015, 6:55 pm

Has anyone noticed any interesting/unique idle animations/interactions from the [pet]Lovebird Hatchling[/pet]?

Since it's a pet related to the Love is in the Air event, I thought maybe it might interact with other Lovebirds or even the Swift Lovebird mount, but I'm not having any luck finding someone else with the pet or mount to test it out.

I'm glad there's a new pet, but if there's nothing that sets the Lovebird Hatchling apart from the [pet]Mulgore Hatchling[/pet]...it's just a bit disappointing. :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Melipets
Pet Score:8179
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Melipets » February 3rd, 2015, 3:36 pm

Quintessence wrote:Has anyone noticed any interesting/unique idle animations/interactions from the [pet]Lovebird Hatchling[/pet]?
All I have seen it do is bob around and occasionally bite itself. :lol: