What to do with Extra Stones?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
What to do with Extra Stones?

Post by Stella3 » January 30th, 2015, 11:39 pm

Hi Collectors,

As I am progressing and now getting towards having my whole collection rares, I find myself not having any need whatsoever for certain flawless stones. I can't sell them as you all know so I was wondering what your guys reccomendations were? I sort of want to upgrade cageable pets for other collectors but I wanted to do it for gold as there are pets I can acquire only through the AH.

Currently I have some dragon, human, undead stones but as my collection continues to rarify I should have plenty more.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: What to do with Extra Stones?

Post by Peanutty » January 30th, 2015, 11:49 pm

As you mentioned you can try to make a little gold off them. You can also trade for stones that you do need (either with other players or 3:1 trade in at the pet trainer in the major cities). Or, you do what I do, which is sweep them into little piles and then sit on them to admire their blue-ness. :)

Vetteranger
Top Rater
Pet Score:4846
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Vetteranger » January 31st, 2015, 2:42 am

You can also look for alternate breeds of wild pets without having to actually capture a rare. Once I got my collection to "all rare" I found that there were several wild pets that I could really used a different breed for.

Or as mentioned, you can get green pets that auction, stone them, even level them up, and make decent gold for then at auction.

Raax
Pet Score:10990
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Raax » January 31st, 2015, 6:56 am

You could put a gold value on them. Then you could offer to upgrade fellow collectors cageable pets for a fee. I would certainly pay a hundred or so to get a rare upgrade without having my own stone. The buyer would need to trust you because they'd have to give you the pet so you could stone it.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » February 1st, 2015, 6:03 pm

I have been using mine to help out friends collections, as i have no need to for them anymore myself.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » February 1st, 2015, 7:00 pm

Definitely good use for good!

I seem to get plenty of Dragonkin Battle Stones over in Pandaria and it's one the group of pets I do not need do update. There are a few Dragonkins that are normally found as uncommon pets but if you buy them, upgrade to rare - they resell for about 3-5 times their normal amount.

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » February 2nd, 2015, 4:30 am

Thanks for the tips guys, I will save them for different breeds I didn't even think of that! And I forgot about the 3:1 conversion lol.

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » February 2nd, 2015, 6:16 am

I've always been blessed with a plethora of Aquatic and Undead stones. Towards the end of MoP I could't give them away!
But I have a lil bank alt with a bag of blue stones. Cause there will always be more pets to collect. And not having to grind away for a rare one is awesome.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » February 2nd, 2015, 6:39 am

I keep mine on an alt. Any time I get 19 or more of one type, I trade them in for the marked flawless. I no longer go out of my way to get my wild pets as rares... I just find the breed I want and stone them. I have also stoned a bunch of pets for friends. I've stoned pets I can cage, got them a few levels, and sold them on the AH (I like to get pets I sell to level 9, though sometimes I miscalculate and they end up level 10 or even higher).

There will always be new pets to get, and having those stones handy makes it less stressful finding exactly what I want.