Seeing Pet qualities that are not duplicates

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Vetteranger
Top Rater
Pet Score:4846
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Seeing Pet qualities that are not duplicates

Post by Vetteranger » December 31st, 2014, 11:42 am

I apologize if this has been asked and answered in another thread. I just searched and couldn't find it though, if it is.

I am closing in on the last very few uncommon quality pets in my collection that need to be upgraded to rare (in fact I'm now down to just six, going by the count this site gives me on the My Collection page). The page goes so far as to tell me that I have six uncommon quality pets.

However, if I click the "uncommon" link there, I get a list of ALL uncommon pets, including duplicates of pets for which I have one rare. I just went through that list and searched my pets in WoW, and could only find four pets that I had no better than uncommon ... two kites and two world captures. I was pretty careful, but I still might have somehow missed two.

So my question is: Is there anyway to get a list of just those six pets that your report counts? I've experimented with the filters but haven't found a way to narrow it down through them.

Thank you for any help.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Re: Seeing Pet qualities that are not duplicates

Post by Darolyn » December 31st, 2014, 11:52 am

Under filters, you can EXCLUDE duplicates, but there's a much faster way to do it. I just analyzed your collection, so these details are unique to you, but can be adapted to any collection.

Go to your collection on WCP, and sort by rarity. Go to the last page. You'll see the four non-combat pets you have that will always show as uncommon, even if you've used a stone.

Alliance Balloon
Horde Balloon
Chi-Ji Kite
Yu'lon Kite

Then go back each page until the greyed out duplicates STOP. For you this is page 7.

You see you have two other uncommon pets that are "firsts" in your collection. The Royal Moth and the Snowy Owl. Thus, there are your six pets. :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Vetteranger
Top Rater
Pet Score:4846
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Vetteranger » December 31st, 2014, 12:34 pm

Thank you VERY much! I really appreciate the tips and the help.

And by the way, Happy New Year!

Geraldj880
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Geraldj880 » January 31st, 2015, 12:15 am

I'm gonna guess Pet Store on this one. They would have included it in this patch somewhere if it was intended to be part of any sort of new content, and the next major patch is way too far away for them to be working on pets yet.