Need help with land shark on Ravencrest EU server

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lucio
Pet Score:11992
Realm:Bronzebeard-eu
Need help with land shark on Ravencrest EU server

Post by Lucio » January 28th, 2015, 10:36 pm

i have a lvl 1 toon there, who's just buying pets and i got the land shark, but since u gotta be good friends with nat i can't learn him.
so i'm hoping to find some1 who is good friends and could learn the pet, then roll a lvl 1 toon on bronzebeard and cage it, i hope that works atleast, and give it to me. or any other suggestions... without doing fishing ofc.

thought i just transfer him from raven , but i got 11 toons already on bb, and i can't move 1 of them too ravencrest, since that's a pvp server and bb is normal.

thx in advance

Lucio

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Need help with land shark on Ravencrest EU server

Post by Graven » January 29th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Ouch, that sucks. Why would someone list that item and not the actual pet? Wish I could help you out but I'm not on that server. I can verify that the caged pet version is of course learnable by anyone though. I bought and learned mine with a level 1 alt.

Maybe you can put in a ticket, and you might be lucky with customer service if you explain the situation. I've heard of that happening to someone who bought a mount on a level 1 and couldn't learn it, and luckily the GM transferred it to his other character for him.

Lucio

Post by Lucio » January 29th, 2015, 9:06 pm

nice, so then it would be enough if i find some1 on raven to cage it for me, and then give it back to my alt.

ty

lucio

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » January 29th, 2015, 9:43 pm

I would definitely try to find someone on your server who can help you with this, at least that way you have a chance... and leave ticketing blizzard as a last resort - A VERY LAST RESORT! In my experiences, I have zero good things to say about putting in tickets. It's a good thing my subscription isn't based on GMs being nice guys.

I wish you the best.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 30th, 2015, 12:32 am

Abashera wrote:I would definitely try to find someone on your server who can help you with this, at least that way you have a chance... and leave ticketing blizzard as a last resort - A VERY LAST RESORT! In my experiences, I have zero good things to say about putting in tickets. It's a good thing my subscription isn't based on GMs being nice guys.
Kinda weird that I'm posting this to defend Blizz in spite of all the time I've spent cursing them.

Bought a TCG card from EBay and tried to get the pet, entered and re-entered a scratchoff code that kept giving error messages.

<cursed Blizzard>

Opened a ticket that night. Average response time, 2 and a half days.

<cursed Blizzard>

Woke up next morning and fired up WoW (I have no life) and there's a response from nice guy in Customer Service, pet is in my collection.

Abashera

Post by Abashera » January 30th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Lucio, mind if I ask what the going price for Land Shark is on your server? Anyone else who wants to chime in is free to do so as well. =)

Just wondering, because I'm going to sell my first few (as soon as I get the fishing pole).

There's only one listed on my AH at the moment, and for 999,999g, I think the seller has stars in his eyes. I can't picture anyone being willing to fork out that much for a pet. It's not like it's a pet you can't get in the game or something, like a hatespark; and it's not TGC, it's just a pain in the butt to fish up.

I'm just not sure what it would sell for. I don't want to be CRAZY like the guy selling it on the AH now; but I would like my time to be worth something.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 30th, 2015, 6:46 pm

I bought mine a few weeks ago for 45k. They are down to around 30-35k on that server now, with similar prices on my home server. I would expect that to drop lower with 6.1 since they are making the lunkers easier to fish.

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » January 30th, 2015, 8:01 pm

Do you know who you bought it from? Maybe you could contact them and tell them what happened and ask if they could cage it for you. I could see that being complex though- you'd have to undo the original sale- he gives you back the gold‚ you give him back the pet. Then you'd have to buy it back from him again. I'd totally do it for one of my buyers though.

Abashera

Post by Abashera » January 30th, 2015, 8:17 pm

Ranok wrote:
Abashera wrote:I would definitely try to find someone on your server who can help you with this, at least that way you have a chance... and leave ticketing blizzard as a last resort - A VERY LAST RESORT! In my experiences, I have zero good things to say about putting in tickets. It's a good thing my subscription isn't based on GMs being nice guys.
Kinda weird that I'm posting this to defend Blizz in spite of all the time I've spent cursing them.

Bought a TCG card from EBay and tried to get the pet, entered and re-entered a scratchoff code that kept giving error messages.

<cursed Blizzard>

Opened a ticket that night. Average response time, 2 and a half days.

<cursed Blizzard>

Woke up next morning and fired up WoW (I have no life) and there's a response from nice guy in Customer Service, pet is in my collection.
Oh, I have a few good stories to tell about Blizz reps. Like the time a friend made me a Ruby Panther mount, and accidentally right-clicked it when trying to send it to me in the mail (causing him to learn it instead of sending it to me). A GM restored it to me within the day.

I'm just going to refrain from telling the bad stories, because ultimately it will do me no benefit. But that said, my bad stories far outweigh my good ones, and I don't feel inspired to ask them for any more favors as a result, nor recommend it.

Lucio

Post by Lucio » February 2nd, 2015, 11:00 am

thx for the responses on my post, been working long days over the weekend, so that's why the late responses.
i bought the pet for 20k on ravencrest, about a month ago, was a bargain imo, atleast if i could use it.

but still hoping for a response from some1 on ravencrest eu server... who is atleast a good friend with nat

lucio