Advice needed

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Birkonian
Pet Score:2193
Realm:Mazrigos-eu
Advice needed

Post by Birkonian » January 28th, 2015, 6:53 pm

Okay just joined the site so not sure if this is going into the correct forum, but if the site admins wish to move then I will understand why.

My question is this:-

Just been looking at pets on the auction house some show a 1/3 next to them indicating I have 1 of that particular pet, others however show nothing.

I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to a list or guide of pets that can only be 1/1, these are I assume event or anniversary pets like the molten corgi fron the 10th anniversary.

I like certain pets , and want to possibly acquire another of the same possibly a different breed etc,. but do not wish to buy a pet from the auction house then find i cannot add it to my pet journal.

Thank you in anticipation of a reply.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: Advice needed

Post by Kel » January 28th, 2015, 7:48 pm

I'm not sure there's a simple list you can go check. But if the pet is a 1/1, meaning you can only have 1 of them, it WILL show in your journal as 1/1. If you are seeing 1/3, then you can have 2 more of that pet.

I do know all of the CT pets, such as [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/beast/felines/xu-fu-cub-of-xuen/]Xu-Fu[/url], are 1/1, if that helps.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » January 28th, 2015, 8:03 pm

The only pet I've found on the AH that I can only learn 1 of is Son of Sethe. Most, if not all, other cage-able pets you can have 3 of the same pet.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 29th, 2015, 1:20 am

General rule is that the 1/1 pets are ones you buy from Blizz Store, the ones you get from Achievements, Recruit-A-Friend rewards and the Promotional ones, like buying Collectors Edition of an expansion. Also the pets from Celestial Tournament on Timeless Isle -- these were originally promotional in Asia and unlikely to be available to lot of us Western collectors.

Not totally sure but I suspect all these pets aren't cageable so you won't see them on AH.

From Store:
Alterac Brew-Pup
Argi
Blossoming Ancient
Cenarion Hatchling
Gryphon Hatchling
Lil' KT
Lil' Ragnaros
Lil' XT
Moonkin Hatchling
Pandaren Monk
Soul of the Aspects

From various Achievements:
Celestial Dragon
Core Hound Pup
Feral Vermling
Hopling
Jade Tentacle
Kirin Tor Familiar
Mr. Bigglesworth
Murkimus
Nuts
Pebble
Perky Pug
Plump Turkey
Red Panda
Royal Peacock
Singing Cricket
Stinker
Stormwing
Stunted Direhorn
Tito
Trunks
Venus

Guild Achievements:
Dark Phoenix Hatchling
Lil' Tarcegosa

Promotional:
Baneling
Dread Hatchling
Fetish Shaman
Frosty
Grommloc
Grunty
Gurky
Lil' Deathwing
Lucky
Lucky Quillen Cub
Lurky
Mini Diablo
Mini Thor
Mini Tyrael
Molten Corgi
Mr. Chilly
Murkablo
Mukalot
Murki
Murky
Netherwhelp
Onyx Panther
Onyxian Whelpling
Panca Cub
Poley
Spectral Cub
Terky
Tiny Green Dragon
Tiny Red Dragon
Treasure Goblin
Warbot
Zergling

The Celestial Tournament rewards:
Chi-Chi
Xu-Fu
Yu'la
Zao

From Recruit-A-Friend:
Golden Pig
Jade Tiger
Silver Pig
Zipao Tiger

As usual with most everything Blizz, there are a few exceptions. Guardian Cub from Pet Store allows 3 and is cageable. Son of Sethe is from an Arrakoa vendor in Spires of Arak if you've grinded out enough rep with them, limits you to 1 but is cageable.
Last edited by Ranok on January 30th, 2015, 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Birkonian
Pet Score:2193
Realm:Mazrigos-eu

Post by Birkonian » January 29th, 2015, 6:37 am

Thanks to Ranok and others for their replies, this helps a great deal, but will just clarify again the issue I had, now resolved:-

I use the auctionator addon , and usually use the buy type, which allows me to search for a specific item at the lowest price.

As I searched for sunreaver micro sentry it did not show the 1/3 next to the ones for sale, yet did show the 1/3 for iron starlette.

I am looking to add some duplicates such as the sentry to my collection, plus a few others for pets I really enjoy , example nexus whelplings, love how 2 of these on 90% of battles can destroy Jahan, Samm, and Archimedes, so that any pet with over 234 health can belevelled fast.

Appreciate the assistance and prompt replies, will be adding pets from ah to be duplicates and triplicates now I can refer to Ranok's list.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 29th, 2015, 8:12 pm

That is interesting to know about Son of Sethe, didn't know there were any cageable uniques at all. As others have said, nearly all pets that you can only have one of, aren't tradeable so we don't need to worry about looking for them on the AH.

BTW you can add Red Panda to the list. It's the non-cageable unique panda you get the first time you complete the Beasts of Fable quests.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 30th, 2015, 12:17 am

Graven wrote:BTW you can add Red Panda to the list. It's the non-cageable unique panda you get the first time you complete the Beasts of Fable quests.
THANKS Graven, knew that the other pandas (Mountain, Snowy, Sunfury) were on AH, forgot about the Red Panda being from achievement that unlocked the other three. Have updated my list. Gee but I love this website and the knowledgebase from all you other crazy pet people.