suspicious Hatesparks and HS rabbits

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
suspicious Hatesparks and HS rabbits

Post by Poofah » January 25th, 2015, 5:23 pm

I will just link the [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699787759]wow forum post[/url]. There has been a large influx of Hatesparks across various US AHs this weekend, many from lvl 1 sellers who are also selling known dupe targets (cub, EST etc). Many of these sellers also have HS Darkmoon Rabbits, and HS rabbit is currently 3-4x more common than BB or SS on AHs, whereas previously the breeds had been more or less evenly split.

Re: suspicious Hatesparks and HS rabbits

Post by Guest » January 25th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Unfortunately this is simply the way things are these days. If Blizzard wanted to, they could stop such activity, they however choose not to, for whatever reason. Note I am reporting the situation as I see it, not condoning the sale of such. Personally I get tired of the duped pets being sold on the AH and in trade/ general and the like I report them as spammers and move on.

Sasquatchiii
Pet Score:3486
BattleTag®:sasquatciii#1243
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Sasquatchiii » January 26th, 2015, 12:27 am

How on earth are they "duped"?

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 26th, 2015, 1:19 am

I think when I finally have the gold to buy a hatespark I'm going to come here first. I'm a bit nervous about the Dupe Pets on AH.

First significant pet I tried to sell on AH was an Anubisath Idol (Solo'd for it myself). When I got to the AH I saw there was one person who had dumped a stack of 25 Idols on the AH for a lower than normal price. Knowing that Idols do have a drop rate (and not a member here yet), it just seemed suspicious I ended up giving my idol to a guildmate who had started collecting. Would rather it find a good home then end on on AH in the middle of that mess.

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » January 27th, 2015, 11:52 pm

I ended up buying my Hatespark off of AH, which was risky but it was 32k so how could I walk away from it.

But what was reassuring was that the pet was level 4.

I would think if the pet was dupe then it would be just a level 1. For level 4 then someone took the time to add a few levels to the pet to show it was real.

I would think if I were to sell a really high end pet on AH that I would put a few levels on it so people would know it was a real pet.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » January 28th, 2015, 11:06 am

This goes beyond pets as well

If you've always wanted a spectral tiger mount (rare or swift spectral)...hold on to your gold..since Jan 12th the # of these mounts available on US realms has tripled...2 weeks and the amt went from less than 100 to nearly 300 for both

The price is starting to drop but you can expect alarms to start ringing and better prices soon IMO

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » January 28th, 2015, 11:18 am

Abbotta wrote: I would think if the pet was dupe then it would be just a level 1. For level 4 then someone took the time to add a few levels to the pet to show it was real.

I would think if I were to sell a really high end pet on AH that I would put a few levels on it so people would know it was a real pet.
Wrong assumption.....
At some point the gold farmer was selling a pet (cant remember which one ) lvl 6
All of them was lvl 6

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » January 28th, 2015, 11:57 am

GrosBonda wrote:
Abbotta wrote: I would think if the pet was dupe then it would be just a level 1. For level 4 then someone took the time to add a few levels to the pet to show it was real.

Wrong assumption.....
At some point the gold farmer was selling a pet (cant remember which one ) lvl 6
All of them was lvl 6
So the question is this - how do I know I have a fake hatespark or not? I mean I've leveled mine up to 25. Can I just assume that it's a good hatespark or will one day I log into WoW and *poof* it's gone?

In the end it's just a game and pixels. If it goes away then it is what it is. As for an Elemental it's nice but it's not going to bump my Lil Rag off the list of favorite Burning Elemental to use. Even my Fel Flame would probably be selected before Hatespark but only because I've used the Fel Flame more often.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » January 28th, 2015, 12:35 pm

GrosBonda wrote:

Wrong assumption.....
All of them was lvl 6
That would have been the level 6 [pet]Spectral Tiger Cub[/pet]s.
@TamerWakamaru

Post by Guest » January 28th, 2015, 1:06 pm

A gruffy old dwarf walks in LK Plate-mail and a kilt walks in, summons a Jeeves, then proceeds to whip out a soapbox out of his bank:

Some people will say 'what's the harm', why do you care, or even 'don't be an internet hero' with regards to this and similar issues. So why do we care? It is just about the pet/mount etc. except when it isn't.

There may be a legitimate gold farmer out there, there are certainly legitimate pet traders out there, but when we deal with the non legit ones we do a few things that negatively affect the community as a whole. First we encourage criminal activity by rewarding it. Ever have a friend or your guild get hacked? Yeap same (kinds) of people. It devalues your investment in the game, and possibly your funds. It screws with the in game economy driving prices up. Wait, you crazy old dwarf how is my buying a Hatespark for 20k as opposed to 50k driving up prices? The more gold in the server, the more gold everything costs, simple inflation. So maybe you are saving money/gold but maybe the real value of that hatespark is 30k not 50k and all those other pets/ items etc out there are similarly inflated.

I could go on, but your eyes are glazing over.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » January 28th, 2015, 2:34 pm

are these pets even needed at all for anything other than finishing a collection?

can i solo trios of menagerie dailies or solo a beast of fable with it? if not then why spend 50k when i only have 1k

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 28th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Abbotta wrote:So the question is this - how do I know I have a fake hatespark or not? I mean I've leveled mine up to 25. Can I just assume that it's a good hatespark or will one day I log into WoW and *poof* it's gone?
You can't tell. There's 100% no way to prove it's real or not, other than by having looted it yourself or having bought it well before the suspected duping reports began coming in. That said you don't have to worry about it vanishing some day as you bought it in good faith and through the AH, which is the smartest thing to do.

I picked up a number of Hatesparks weeks in advance of the duping reports so I'm confident mine and the ones I traded and sold were legit, but I figured something like this would happen so I stopped looking for them before the anniversary event was even over.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » January 28th, 2015, 2:41 pm

Echinacea wrote:are these pets even needed at all for anything other than finishing a collection?

can i solo trios of menagerie dailies or solo a beast of fable with it? if not then why spend 50k when i only have 1k
Well considering many people on this site collect for the sake of collecting, of course it's "needed." :) No matter if it's 50k or 50 silver, I "need" them all!

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » January 28th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Echinacea wrote:are these pets even needed at all for anything other than finishing a collection?

Well considering many people on this site collect for the sake of collecting, of course it's "needed." :) No matter if it's 50k or 50 silver, I "need" them all!
Amen!
@TamerWakamaru

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » January 28th, 2015, 2:55 pm

Peanutty wrote:

if thats the case then anything is worth it to the collector so long as they have enough.

i do hate rewarding gold spammers but i thought blizzard took care of the gold selling online years ago....i never get those mystery tells anymore

AND ive never seen a guide that said "if you dont have hatespark, you cant finish such and such"

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » January 28th, 2015, 3:18 pm

I don't think hatesparks are being duped much- what we're seeing now is the price fluctuating with a heavy supply and low demand. When the event ended there were 688 on the market according to TUJ (Why yes, I was watching carefully) and now there are 572. So they're leaving the market slowly- there's not a flood of new hatesparks. Compare that to the darkmoon rabbit, only 63 listed total on TUJ. A lot of players would rather have the gold now than have to wait more than 5 seconds for a pet to appreciate so they're selling- or they see the lower prices and they're panicking and dumping them. Plus the market of players who will shell out 50k for a pet without thinking twice is pretty niche so that's also driving down the price. Shoot, even finding a buyer for a pet at 10-20k sometimes is like pulling teeth in trade (cue the 'lawl 20k for a pet').
Now the spectral tiger mount duping- that one has me suspicious. There's a guy on one of my servers who advertises 24 hours a day for days on end his mounts for 220k and he's got multiple on ah- makes me side eye it quite a bit. Not sure how anyone ends up with -that- many to sell.

Abbotta
MVP

Post by Abbotta » January 28th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Here's my logic. We all pay $15 a month to be online with this game so we should be able to spend that time doing what makes us happy.

I do earn money from the AH from selling Garrison Mats and doing classic raids (I really don't do the new raids, I'm average at best even with the Normal runs for Draenor Raids/Dungeons). But I can probably make about $10k-$20k a week with the typical stuff I do in WoW. I'm not going to retire from that amount of Gold but it's enough to keep me happy.

That is the money I use to turn around and buy Battle Pets. I hate farming - those pets that have World Drops of 1 in 10k. I'm not going to spend 3 months killing stuff in hopes I get one, I'll just buy one. I have an Add-on that shows me what pets are available at the AH based on what I do not have and I'll buy based a number of factors including how much gold I have and how much of a pain it is going to be to get it.

What else am I going to do with the Gold I earn in WoW? I'm not a professional Gold Farmer, I don't need any new equipment for my toons and my mounts philosphy is like my real world car philosphy (just need one reliable one to get me from point A to point B).

In the end it's all pixels. The amount of gold in my bags is just pixels and same with the pets - all '0' and '1' program do do something to entertain me!

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » January 28th, 2015, 6:22 pm

Echinacea wrote:if thats the case then anything is worth it to the collector so long as they have enough.
Yes, pretty much. Like my sole motivation in earning gold is because I collect pets and mounts. If it weren't for the feeling of "there's something new and shiny coming soon!" I probably wouldn't bother trying to make gold.
Echinacea wrote:AND ive never seen a guide that said "if you dont have hatespark, you cant finish such and such"
This is true. If you are only concerned about the pet's battle strength and abilities (i.e. you like PVP), I would say that this pet is not a must have for any battle.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » January 28th, 2015, 7:46 pm

If it's on the AH, I doubt it's duping. From what I've been told, duping is the process of changing the name of an item and tricking the game. The reason they try to sell dupes in trade chat is that, if you buy one, you won’t be able to post it on the AH for the same reason they couldn’t. The name and ID doesn’t match, and the AH notices the discrepancy.

But according to official blue posts, there are no dupes in the game. I believe Blizzard on this. ;^)