Unborn Val'kyr bugged?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Unborn Val'kyr bugged?

Post by FuxieDK » January 27th, 2015, 4:01 am

The last 5-6 times I have used my UV, the haunt ability have missed, caused it to die pointlessly, even though tooltip said 100% hit chance.

Is it officially bugged, or is something else wrong? Have anyone else noticed this?

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Re: Unborn Val'kyr bugged?

Post by Vek » January 27th, 2015, 4:25 am

The ability can miss if you are blinded. It can be dodged/avoided and it can be blocked(bubble/decoy etc). Avoiding the Haunt used to kill the Val'kyr but not anymore.

What I think you are referring to is that you try to haunt when the undead racial is active. IE you have been killed in the current turn or you are using Haunt on the final undead-racial turn.

This no longer works and is intended. Though it is not clear in the tooltip I guess. In effect you can only Haunt if you are "alive" and you have the possibility to ressurect when Haunt runs out.

Sadly there are a lot of nuances of certain abilities that are not very clear and there is no real good way of learning about them other than experience.

Some examples:
Not being able to cast Haunt while Undead racial is Active.

Why Flurry is not stopped after one hit against a Decoy/Bubble when pretty much all other similar attacks are.

Why many AoE(Thunderbolt, Arcane Storm) attacks now scale with opponents number of pets but some AoE(BONESTORM, Sunlight) do not.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 27th, 2015, 5:28 am

Yes, I haunt after it dies... It always worked in the past, but apparently it have been stealth-nerfed.. :( :(

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » January 27th, 2015, 7:12 am

Nerfed, yes. Stealthed, no. It was in patch notes etc.

Coulomb
MVP
Pet Score:4228
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Coulomb » February 9th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Not quite the same issue but I had my Val'k die while haunting a Droplet of Y'Shaarj.

Haunt was cast successfully (at full health) in round 6 and applied the Haunt effect until round 9 when the Droplet died but the Val'k never resurrected. The Battle log shows no indication of death. The Val'k just isn't mentioned anymore.

Myon
BattleTag®:Myon#1319
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Myon » February 9th, 2015, 3:21 pm

I've noticed that happen on occasion as well, never been able to pin down the reason.

You haunt a pet, that pet dies, your valk dies as well instead of returning to your backrow. There was a time where that was intended behavior, but obviously not the case now.