Determing your collection's (rough) Auction House value?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Roshinski
Pet Score:10655
Realm:Korgath-us
Determing your collection's (rough) Auction House value?

Post by Roshinski » January 27th, 2015, 2:51 am

Lately I've been wondering (and trying to discover through Google/forum searching) whether there is presently any means out there to quickly total up the estimated value of all your cageable pets, based on your realm's current/recent AH data.

From what I can tell, it should be fairly simple to do this, as the means to collect the individual data that would be factored into the total value is already readily available.

You'd only need information about your pet collection (As we all know, this site can already pull this from your armory, and addons can easily scan your collection as well), and information about your realm's auction house pricing, which can be scanned and stored by addons (i.e. Auctioneer, Auctionator, TSM) and is also used in certain websites (The Undermine Journal, Wowuction) so I would think it could be set up fairly simply as either an in-game addon or a website feature by someone ambitious enough. The downside, of course, is that it's a lot of initial work to accomplish a very specific goal.

In case I've missed something that already exists out there... might anyone be aware of such a thing that's already been made?

Eridalafar
Pet Score:4100
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Determing your collection's (rough) Auction House value?

Post by Eridalafar » January 27th, 2015, 5:27 am

An interesting but a bad idea IMO.

Call me paranoyak, but saying hat my accout have for XXX gold value in pets, is like calling to become the target of hackers that will want for easy gold.

Eridalafar

Roshinski
Pet Score:10655
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Roshinski » January 27th, 2015, 6:15 am

I'd have to disagree to the extent that I don't believe hackers selectively steal accounts, they just reel in random people with fishy links to sites running malicious scripts.. I suppose they could sort of target people with those weird whispers they send, but hopefully someone with a lot of gold would know better than that.

If that was a concern, though, this hypothetical means of figuring out your collection's value could simply be in the form of an add-on where you view only your own collection. I've just been very curious lately about just how much theoretical gold I have locked up in pets, and going through them and looking up prices one at a time would be a prohibitively time-consuming way to figure it out, especially if done periodically rather than as a one-time thing.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » January 27th, 2015, 1:27 pm

Eridalafar wrote:Call me paranoyak
Not sure why but an image of a goblin popped into my head and said...

"You're paranoyak, whateva dat means."

Taken from goblins always telling me "No Loitering, whateva dat means." :lol:
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)