Menagerie trainers reduced exp.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Corbinxt
Top Rater
Pet Score:7299
Realm:Doomhammer-us
Menagerie trainers reduced exp.

Post by Corbinxt » January 24th, 2015, 2:07 pm

So it's been reported from players on the PTR that the daily menagerie battles were getting a huge nerf on the exp out put. I.E no more burning threw pet levels inside the comfort of your own home which I am very sad about. That being said, after reading everything that has been released about patch 6.1, I can't find ANY official report of this at all! Has anyone heard anything official about this? It would be amazing if they DID NOT change it!

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Re: Menagerie trainers reduced exp.

Post by Darolyn » January 25th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Well, given what the patch notes DO say about the menagerie, I think this is likely:

Menagerie:
•Reduced the difficulty of quests to unlock the Menagerie, elite pet challenges, and pet battle daily quests.

If they're reducing the difficulty, it would follow that they're likely reducing the payout.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Monkeykibble
Pet Score:2069
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Monkeykibble » January 25th, 2015, 10:55 pm

But they're not even all that hard >_<

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 25th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Monkeykibble wrote:But they're not even all that hard >_<
For the players who frequent these forums, they aren't hard. For the average, casual pet battler, yes, they are hard - I constantly have guildmates asking for strategies, to borrow pets, etc.

I think for pet battling to continue to be successful, they need to attract a range of players, just as there's now 4 raid difficulties for players to choose from.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 25th, 2015, 11:46 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Monkeykibble wrote:But they're not even all that hard >_<
For the players who frequent these forums, they aren't hard. For the average, casual pet battler, yes, they are hard - I constantly have guildmates asking for strategies, to borrow pets, etc.

I think for pet battling to continue to be successful, they need to attract a range of players, just as there's now 4 raid difficulties for players to choose from.
I have to agree. Most average WoW players do not have the arsenal needed to kill those pest pets to unlock the Pet Menageries. I helped out out a few with my Chrommy/PWS combo but that isn't enough for some of those pests.

I thought I was the only one who loaned out pets. Only thing that bugged me about loaning was that they were my fav pets with names and I had to rename them and all. I probably should have backups just for loan-out purpose.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » January 26th, 2015, 12:54 am

Abbotta wrote:I thought I was the only one who loaned out pets. Only thing that bugged me about loaning was that they were my fav pets with names and I had to rename them and all. I probably should have backups just for loan-out purpose.
I don't mind loaning pets to trusted guildmates as long as the request is reasonable but yes, I have the same problem as you with the pets losing their names. :) I write down names if I loan out more than a couple and then rename them as soon as they're returned.

Corbinxt
Top Rater
Pet Score:7299
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Corbinxt » January 26th, 2015, 8:01 am

Yeah, it makes sense that they would reduce the exp, but why must they do that? For the people that grind it, it's a blessing to have. And for the people who aren't constant levelers, they won't be using it anyway. It's like they are reducing the difficulty to get more people involved, then once they catch people's interest they make it super tedious. Although still, no Offical sign of exp reduction which is like 40% promising!

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » January 26th, 2015, 4:07 pm

I really believe the XP reduction is because the Menagerie battle is intended to be a daily, so in essence you're getting the benefit of doing the daily multiple times a day by grinding it.

You used to be able to do something similar with Pandaren tamers (battle them repeatedly, as long as you didn't turn in the quest? Not 100% sure as that was "before my time" as a pet battler) but that got fixed too.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » January 26th, 2015, 4:24 pm

that's what i thought it would be there for: grind pets to 25. i thought this was intention.

Post by Guest » January 26th, 2015, 9:23 pm

I know I will be in the minority in this, but I will be glad to see it go away.

My reasoning is simple, if it is there, I will use it. For example: I spent 2 hours today leveling up pets vs our bird visitors. Time that quite frankly I should have put to other uses. even after all that leveling I think I still have 311 pets in my leveling queues ranging in levels from 17 to 23 or so. Just doing the panda and draenor circuits (daily) it is going to take me about 800 pet battles to finish leveling just these guys. The circuits take me 90 minutes to complete and there are what 17 of them? That means I still have about 48 days assuming I add no pets. I am actually a little concerned with what I will be doing 60 days out.

#1stazerothianproblems