Unborn Val'kyr trouble

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mrbushido
Pet Score:146
Realm:Magtheridon-us
Unborn Val'kyr trouble

Post by Mrbushido » January 22nd, 2015, 3:27 pm

Hey I'm new to pet collecting/battling so I decided to go for this pet but I'm having an extremely hard time because of how high pop my server is. I've been at this for 2 weeks and have only seen 1. Sadly it killed itself and the battle didn't reset when I gave up. I was wondering if anyone is on a low pop server where I can have an easier time getting one? Any help would be awesome! My tag is MrBushido#1911!

Re: Unborn Val'kyr trouble

Post by Guest » January 22nd, 2015, 3:42 pm

It is part of her moveset. The first time I encountered her I had the same issue. You can bring pets with a force swap (death grip comes to mind with http://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/u ... eath-grip/ having this ability) or she will combat rez for an extra chance to catch her.

Mrbushido

Post by Mrbushido » January 22nd, 2015, 3:48 pm

That could be helpful but I more or less have an issue finding one. My server is high pop so in addition to me there are usually 2 to 3 other people flying around. I've got alt's camped and I fly around myself but I guess I need to just get lucky with the traps because otherwise I'm not gonna find another any time soon.

Post by Guest » January 22nd, 2015, 4:41 pm

Mrbushido wrote:That could be helpful but I more or less have an issue finding one. My server is high pop so in addition to me there are usually 2 to 3 other people flying around. I've got alt's camped and I fly around myself but I guess I need to just get lucky with the traps because otherwise I'm not gonna find another any time soon.
If you are looking for an invite to a low pop server, you are far more likely to get one if you 1) Link your profile and 2) Tell us if you are Herd or Dandy.

Mrbushido

Post by Mrbushido » January 22nd, 2015, 4:52 pm

Thralkhar wrote:
Mrbushido wrote:That could be helpful but I more or less have an issue finding one. My server is high pop so in addition to me there are usually 2 to 3 other people flying around. I've got alt's camped and I fly around myself but I guess I need to just get lucky with the traps because otherwise I'm not gonna find another any time soon.
If you are looking for an invite to a low pop server, you are far more likely to get one if you 1) Link your profile and 2) Tell us if you are Herd or Dandy.
Sorry I'm new here. http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Mrbushido/ is my profile and I'm on Horde. Thanks!

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » January 22nd, 2015, 5:09 pm

One tip:
When you start the battle, before you do anything, look at the Valk's moveset. If you see Unholy Ascension just exit the battle right then and then restart it. Again, look at the moveset and repeat until the Valk no longer has Unholy Ascension. Then you don't have to worry about her killing herself during the fight. The moveset is random and will re-randomize if you restart the battle.

Also, if she does kill herself at any point in the battle, you cannot restart. She is gone.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 22nd, 2015, 5:12 pm

Kel wrote:Also, if she does kill herself at any point in the battle, you cannot restart. She is gone.
More importantly, if you have done ANY actions at all (I've never tried a dodge, so maybe it's only damage move) then you cannot restart - the wild pet will despawn. So only do as Kel suggests - look at her moveset and flee if she has Unholy Ascension.

Post by Guest » January 22nd, 2015, 5:15 pm

Mrbushido wrote:I'm on Horde. Thanks!
OK so Herd* ;) Your profile is currently unlinked, you can go into your account and connect it to your actual WoW account so that it shows your pets.

Why is this important? Because it shows us you really are a pet collector, and as **Bronie as we pet collectors tend to be, we are more likely to help someone who is a fellow collector. Currently, because you are unlinked, the site shows you have 0 pets. :roll:

* aka Horde as opposed to Dandy (Lion) aka Alliance
**(adv)to be like a Brony aka "I'm gonna love and tolerate the crap out of you"

Post by Guest » January 22nd, 2015, 5:17 pm

Kel wrote:Also, if she does kill herself at any point in the battle, you cannot restart. She is gone.
I have had her BRez after 9 (or 10 it has been a while) rounds

Mrbushido

Post by Mrbushido » January 22nd, 2015, 5:56 pm

Kel wrote:One tip:
When you start the battle, before you do anything, look at the Valk's moveset. If you see Unholy Ascension just exit the battle right then and then restart it. Again, look at the moveset and repeat until the Valk no longer has Unholy Ascension. Then you don't have to worry about her killing herself during the fight. The moveset is random and will re-randomize if you restart the battle.

Also, if she does kill herself at any point in the battle, you cannot restart. She is gone.
Oh shit that's fantastic advice! Thanks chief! I did attack it to try and get it low so yeah I technically took action and that would explain why it vanished when I ran from the fight. Well that's really helpful. I linked my profile. Like I said I'm new to battlepets. I figured it's something to do at max level and I'm also big into competitive Pokemon so I might as well try it out. I'm going for the more top tier pets first. But thanks for your help. I hope to find another one soon.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » January 22nd, 2015, 10:50 pm

Thralkhar wrote:
Well, that's her haunt ability. It looks like she's dead and you can consume her corpse (if she's on your team) and is considered dead if you haunt someone with her and she's your last pet up but if she isn't the last pet in play, she'll come back alive after the haunt is over or the pet dies, whichever comes first.

Post by Guest » January 22nd, 2015, 11:37 pm

Kendrah wrote:
Thralkhar wrote:
Well, that's her haunt ability. It looks like she's dead and you can consume her corpse (if she's on your team) and is considered dead if you haunt someone with her and she's your last pet up but if she isn't the last pet in play, she'll come back alive after the haunt is over or the pet dies, whichever comes first.
Yeap, but I had her do it when I was capturing her the 2nd time I ever encountered the pet in the wild. Thats why I was pointing out that even though she may appear to die, it doesn't mean she cannot be captured... stall long enough and she will BRez from haunt.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » January 23rd, 2015, 12:28 am

Thralkhar wrote:Yeap, but I had her do it when I was capturing her the 2nd time I ever encountered the pet in the wild. Thats why I was pointing out that even though she may appear to die, it doesn't mean she cannot be captured... stall long enough and she will BRez from haunt.
People just have to remember that haunt = not dead and unholy ascension = dead FORVER. :lol: Sorry. I had memories of the mortal combat games flash through my mind there. Total non sequitur. Don't mind me.

Melipets
Pet Score:8179
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Melipets » January 23rd, 2015, 1:25 pm

I haven't even been able to FIND an Unborn Val'kyr yet. I am using the PetTracker addon to keep track of her spawn points, flying suggested routes around Northrend and haven't seen a sign of her. I've even tried killing critters around her spawn points to entice her (lol). Is there any place she's known to spawn more than others?

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » January 23rd, 2015, 1:43 pm

Spawns are random, so far no evidence shows that one of the spawn points is preferred over others.
There is some degree of confidence due to exhaustive testing, that one Valk is up at any given point of time randomly at any of the 27 spawn points.
Once one gets killed/captured, another should spawn within a minute.

Now as per finding her, there are many different approaches.
Many swear by posting alts at spawn points and log in at random times during the day, others fly the route of all spawn points, others farm just the 3 spawn points of a given area.
Any and all of these methods can be successful. Its up to the individual to decide what works.

In my opinion the best success chance comes from creating a new toon on a low pop server, ideally in a different time zone/ continent, so that your play times overlap with low activity times in the native zone.
Many consider this a cheap way out, but a caught pet is a caught pet in my opinion.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 23rd, 2015, 1:53 pm

Buruan wrote:In my opinion the best success chance comes from creating a new toon on a low pop server, ideally in a different time zone/ continent, so that your play times overlap with low activity times in the native zone.
Many consider this a cheap way out, but a caught pet is a caught pet in my opinion.
I'll second these comments as it's how I got my minfernal after weeks of not being able to get it on my own servers (as for the cheap way out - I spent just as much electricity connecting to a south america/oceanic server as I did to a north america one - since I'd be playing WoW with or without the pet, it's costing no more or less).

Shmiles
Pet Score:12954
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Shmiles » January 25th, 2015, 8:35 am

Why are people being so fussy about being invited to a realm?

If you don't have Valk & Minfernal by now you're not exactly a serious collector. I don't even use valk for any of the garrison dailies.

Post by Guest » January 25th, 2015, 9:02 am

Shmiles wrote:If you don't have Valk & Minfernal by now you're not exactly a serious collector.
Thank you for your opinion, next time someone has a question on how to define a serious collector, we now have part of your definition.

Someone could start playing WoW next week, but since they do not meet Shmiles definition, they can never be a "serious collector" and so we should tell them to not bother.

I asked that the OP link his profile and say if Horde or Ally so that we would know who could best help him and that he was a collector (as opposed to a spammer/ griefer/troll) . He did both, and we have offered up assistance/ advice.

Post by Guest » January 25th, 2015, 9:07 am

Mrbushido wrote:Hey I'm new to pet collecting/battling so I decided to go for this pet but I'm having an extremely hard time because of how high pop my server is.
BTW, you Really need a Turnip, I can tell what guides you are using to start your collection, and you are off to a good start, but any capture team needs to have a turnip available for those fussy caps where you need them below 25% but still alive.

Mrbushido

Post by Mrbushido » January 25th, 2015, 9:29 am

Thralkhar wrote:
Mrbushido wrote:Hey I'm new to pet collecting/battling so I decided to go for this pet but I'm having an extremely hard time because of how high pop my server is.
BTW, you Really need a Turnip, I can tell what guides you are using to start your collection, and you are off to a good start, but any capture team needs to have a turnip available for those fussy caps where you need them below 25% but still alive.
Couldn't I just level up my Corgi to get his false swipe like ability? (If you don't play pokemon false swipe is a move that does damage but can't reduce their health lower than 1.) I can try making a character on a low pop server but damn would it be annoying to level him up to a point where I can just fly around Northrend. I might be able to just ask a friend to make a low level character and then just swing me an invite over. Once again thanks for the advice.