Longest pet battle?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
Longest pet battle?

Post by Topaz » January 13th, 2015, 4:05 pm

Ever since the Christmas sale on blizz shop ive been seeing Blossoming Ancient EVERYWHERE on PVP battles. my normal team is a Fiendish Imp, an Ominous Flame and Son of Sethe and usually its been pretty easy killing them by either changing the weather with Ominous Flame or by switching pets with Nether Gate.
This time the Blossoming Ancient was the last to stay - with Ironbark completely blocking Immolate I had no use for my Fiendish Imp so i decided to do as much dmg as possible and let my unkillable when sunlight is up son of sethe kill it. Foolishly I thought it wouldn't take that long. I was wrong
After I saw he was slowly (very slowly) starting to lose i thought he would flee. Again, I was wrong.
the result
[url=http://postimg.org/image/o5htdz341/]Image[/url]
Anyone else encountered a long fight where he just KNEW he would eventually win and refused to escape?

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Re: Longest pet battle?

Post by Darolyn » January 13th, 2015, 4:18 pm

And this is why I don't PVP. 323 rounds???? Wow.

Good for you for sticking with it!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » January 16th, 2015, 12:43 am

I battled 3 singing sunflowers once. Was a complete stalemate, I refused to throw in the towel (the person with the sunflowers was clearly counting on opponents just backing down because of healing, he had no real damage dealing to speak of). Took very nearly an hour before he/she forfeit. I think I was watching House on TV or something like that.

Kyozu
Top Rater
Pet Score:11184
BattleTag®:Yozora#2217
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Kyozu » January 16th, 2015, 5:39 am

Darolyn wrote:And this is why I don't PVP
It's very easy to avoid such long battles... just avoid using the handful of "endurance" pets in game.
None of my PVP teams use them and I am pretty successful in PVP.

The only time I did use them was when I was trying to get the "No Time To Heal" achievement legitimately. They were the cheapest wins I ever had, it was so lame :< Ended up not feeling like I legitimately earnt it afterall!

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » January 16th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Darolyn wrote:And this is why I don't PVP. 323 rounds???? Wow.

Good for you for sticking with it!
I PvP a lot (more than PvE) for Pet Battles, and 99% of my matches are short and sweet. This is very rare, and I have not had any matches like this one :)

Haukkah
Pet Score:4110
Realm:Ravenholdt-us

Post by Haukkah » January 17th, 2015, 5:55 am

I was taking my "Healing Nightmare" team out for a spin *cue heckling*

Magical Crawdad
Blossoming Ancient
Singing Sunflower

Fought a guy that had a Harbringer of Flame as the lead pet. The healing bonus from Sunlight made the passive healing from its humanoid ability more than I could damage through using my safe rotation (was getting over 100 per turn).

Fight lasted around 300 turns before I left from boredom.

Gardenvariety
Pet Score:2958
Realm:Burning Legion-us

Post by Gardenvariety » January 18th, 2015, 1:41 pm

I think the Blossoming Ancient is too good and should be nerfed a bit. Photosynthesis is fine on pets without Sunlight, or on pets with limited damage like the Sunflower, but the Ancient having Sunlight, Photosynthesis, as well as a shielding attack makes him pretty ridiculous if you don't have a hard counter.

Oracle
Pet Score:2464
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Oracle » January 19th, 2015, 2:11 pm

That is some hardcore dedication! O_O Wow....

Stormseeker
Top Rater
Pet Score:6801
BattleTag®:Stormseeker#1145
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Stormseeker » January 21st, 2015, 4:17 pm

If I wanted to I could make a pet battle last for pretty much forever... or until i died from boredom. Granted it's vs an npc but still. On Aki use Blossoming Ancient. Keep sunlight and photosynthesis active, otherwise spam ironbark or whatever shield attack is and you will never die. Can't kill cricket either. Yeah i found this out back when playing around with Blossoming Ancient when he first came out.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » January 21st, 2015, 7:46 pm

That's a longer battle than I ever had! Good job beating him/her.

I recently had a 141 round loss. I had three mechanicals against Sunflower, Puddle Terror, Crawdad. I wondered when they would switch to an offensive rotation. They did not, but Sunlight crit me three times.
It was fun though, even when I had no chance. I just wanted to test defensive combos.

Vetteranger
Top Rater
Pet Score:4846
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Vetteranger » January 22nd, 2015, 5:26 am

The longest I had was against a team with two sunflowers. I killed his third pet, and he killed two of mine. We wound up with my Xu-fu against his sunflowers. I have no idea how many rounds it took as he endlessly swapped the sunflowers, but I did notice that at every switch, they had slightly lower health. While I would have eventually won anyway, I finally got a well timed crit that disturbed his swapping sequence. After another set of swaps I killed the flower that was crit earlier, and then he fled.