WoD Leveling spot?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us
WoD Leveling spot?

Post by Catalytic » January 15th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Haven't pet battled in a while and have quite a few I need to level now, plus I'm working on the 2000 Draenor battle achievement to unlock my level 3 menageries.

Has anyone found any good spots in Draenor, similar to the farm area in Valley of the Four Winds or The Incursion? I'm horde, if it matters. Just want a spot I can hang out and battle over and over without a lot of mob aggro.

Re: WoD Leveling spot?

Post by Guest » January 15th, 2015, 10:30 pm

If you are Horde the area around Gargra the Frostfire Ridge trainer is a good place to level just go see her for the daily then pick a direction and go all the way around her.

Foxxi
Pet Score:4446
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Foxxi » January 16th, 2015, 12:02 am

Not every day has a good battle available..but the garrison battle can be repeated, and there are several days that have good strategies for pet leveling with them. As an added bonus Lio the Lioness who gives you the daily quest will heal your pets for free

Post by Guest » January 16th, 2015, 12:58 am

Foxxi wrote:As an added bonus Lio the Lioness
He is Horde.. if he is talking to Lio he is A) Lost B) in serious PvP trouble or C) much better geared than I am for PvP :)

The Horde Battle pet master is Serr'ah

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » January 16th, 2015, 1:38 am

Foxxi wrote:Not every day has a good battle available..but the garrison battle can be repeated, and there are several days that have good strategies for pet leveling with them. As an added bonus Lio the Lioness who gives you the daily quest will heal your pets for free

These battles do not count toward the 2k monument achievement though, you have to actually leave your garrison and do wild battles.

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » January 18th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Sorry I'm slow responding, got sidetracked leveling another toon lol.

Thank you for the suggestions, and yes, I noticed the garrison battles don't count for the achievement, darn it. I don't have too many that aren't 25, so I'll be just doing wild battles for the achievement. That spot in FFR is perfect, I actually came across it shortly after I posted the OP, I had battle pets turned off on my maps while I was leveling and didn't notice how many are clumped together around the world!

I am a double agent, but mostly Horde nowadays :lol:

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 19th, 2015, 12:35 am

If you're into mindless pet leveling, especially if you're also leveling a toon at same time, Northern Frostfire just east of Bloodmaul Slag Mines outdoes the farming areas in Valley of 4 Winds. Endless supply of wild pets, 23 to 25, all close together. Only grief you'll get is the occasional bat and they're easy to kill.

For Ally, these are real close to the Ally FP in North FF.

Iopos
Pet Score:4510
BattleTag®:Kratas#1418
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Iopos » January 19th, 2015, 1:17 am

Sibi wrote:
Foxxi wrote:Not every day has a good battle available..but the garrison battle can be repeated, and there are several days that have good strategies for pet leveling with them. As an added bonus Lio the Lioness who gives you the daily quest will heal your pets for free

These battles do not count toward the 2k monument achievement though, you have to actually leave your garrison and do wild battles.

They do count toward the normal pet battles achieve counter. Just verified this today

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » January 19th, 2015, 1:52 am

The only pet battle achievements I still need are the Draenor and PvP, I already have the achievement for 5k battles. Thanks for the north FFR spot, I will check it out!

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » January 20th, 2015, 12:47 am

Didn't see the post till now, but I have two resources for you.

Gromgar 68,64

This is the First area of Powerleveling and new in 6.0 here you will face off Gargra and her pack of wolves, and after her demise its a curios team of Jade Crane Chick and a Kun-lai Runt. I know it sounds like a strange conbination, but the mixture of critters here with weak attacks against the Flier will make sense. Also, you should have a level 2 Garrison by now, and that will shorten your Revive Pet skill down to 4 minutes, VERY handy and easy on the bandages! Its Literally a circle here after defeating Gargra. I have Interact with Target keybound to F1, It makes it very easy to target the pet to fight then just spam F1 untill you reach a usable battlefield. Set the Crane Chick up with Thrash, Jadeskin and Cyclone. Set the runt with Thrash, Frostshock and Rampage. When facing the Icespine Hatchlings use the Jadesin first, then thrash away. Use Cyclone to soften up any background fliers when theres 2. To save health on the Jade chick, Swap into the Runt when theres two critters as there weak against humanoids.

Video Strategy here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfhLLFJZ8xA

The second place I found is down near Auchindoun 45,82 WHen you land head south then go clockwise in a circle near the flight master, they spawn in that entire are., You can blow up the fliers quickly.

Hope it helps!

[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!

Niaabi
Top Rater

Post by Niaabi » January 21st, 2015, 8:16 am

If I have 2 level 25 pets and a level 15 pet that I'm trying to level (for instance) and I'm battling level 25 pets, if I bring the level 15 pet out for 1 hit and then swap it for a level 25, does all of the xp go to the level 15 pet? I only have 3 level 25 pets and am trying to level more but not sure what is the best way to do this quickly. Thanks :)

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 21st, 2015, 8:56 am

I can level pets anywhere. Since most of my Draenor pets are rare now lately I am heading back to Pandaria for leveling.

It's still to do the high level pets in Pandaria (some are 22-23 level) however, it's a great place to get all my lower level pets started up the big chain. I work in areas where I need to find rare pets, do all the daily tamers/fable pets, work on fishing/archeology and there isn't alot of annoying general chat over there. As long as the pet I am fighting isn't notorious for poison first round (looking at you spiders), I can put a level 1 pet in any battle pet in Pandaria and boost it right away to level 6.

I still need Draenor for leveling the high level pets but anymore it's quicker to do those with tamer battles.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 21st, 2015, 11:13 am

Niaabi wrote:If I have 2 level 25 pets and a level 15 pet that I'm trying to level (for instance) and I'm battling level 25 pets, if I bring the level 15 pet out for 1 hit and then swap it for a level 25, does all of the xp go to the level 15 pet? I only have 3 level 25 pets and am trying to level more but not sure what is the best way to do this quickly. Thanks :)
Level 25 pets on your team don't get XP so yes, all of it goes to any lower level pets you're using.

Total XP to be earned depends on level of your under-25 and level of the team you're fighting against. The lower your level and the higher the opponent's level, the more XP you'll get. 25s don't affect this calculation at all.

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » January 27th, 2015, 2:45 am

Abbotta wrote:I can level pets anywhere. Since most of my Draenor pets are rare now lately I am heading back to Pandaria for leveling.

It's still to do the high level pets in Pandaria (some are 22-23 level) however, it's a great place to get all my lower level pets started up the big chain. I work in areas where I need to find rare pets, do all the daily tamers/fable pets, work on fishing/archeology and there isn't alot of annoying general chat over there. As long as the pet I am fighting isn't notorious for poison first round (looking at you spiders), I can put a level 1 pet in any battle pet in Pandaria and boost it right away to level 6.

I still need Draenor for leveling the high level pets but anymore it's quicker to do those with tamer battles.
I was leveling some in Pandaria, until I remembered I need to get that 2k Draenor battle achievement to unlock level 3 Menagerie :shock: So, I'm back to Draenor now (very slowly)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 27th, 2015, 3:19 am

Catalytic wrote:I was leveling some in Pandaria, until I remembered I need to get that 2k Draenor battle achievement to unlock level 3 Menagerie :shock: So, I'm back to Draenor now (very slowly)
Wrong achieve :) - you need 150 wins in Draenor to unlock the level 3 Menagerie. Though if you're interested in the 2k achieve (for the monument) yes that only counts Draenor pet battles... and doesn't currently include menagerie battles on top of that.

Furkel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13624
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Furkel » January 27th, 2015, 5:08 am

I mostly just run around Gorgrond with a [pet]Chrominius[/pet] and two carry pets - most teams I come across are either all flying or a flying/critter/aquatic mix, and with an Arcane Explosion/Ancient Blessing/Ravage moveset Chrom can wear down the entire team all at once while healing when and if needed. There are probably better spots but this one's great for hunting timber at the same time! :D

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 27th, 2015, 11:29 am

Elfuego wrote:Didn't see the post till now, but I have two resources for you.

Gromgar 68,64

This is the First area of Powerleveling and new in 6.0 here you will face off Gargra and her pack of wolves, and after her demise its a curios team of Jade Crane Chick and a Kun-lai Runt. I know it sounds like a strange conbination, but the mixture of critters here with weak attacks against the Flier will make sense. Also, you should have a level 2 Garrison by now, and that will shorten your Revive Pet skill down to 4 minutes, VERY handy and easy on the bandages! Its Literally a circle here after defeating Gargra. I have Interact with Target keybound to F1, It makes it very easy to target the pet to fight then just spam F1 untill you reach a usable battlefield. Set the Crane Chick up with Thrash, Jadeskin and Cyclone. Set the runt with Thrash, Frostshock and Rampage. When facing the Icespine Hatchlings use the Jadesin first, then thrash away. Use Cyclone to soften up any background fliers when theres 2. To save health on the Jade chick, Swap into the Runt when theres two critters as there weak against humanoids.

Video Strategy here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfhLLFJZ8xA

The second place I found is down near Auchindoun 45,82 WHen you land head south then go clockwise in a circle near the flight master, they spawn in that entire are., You can blow up the fliers quickly.

Hope it helps!

[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
http://www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!
Love the video. I also use frostfire ridge. Have you ever tried the "Rotten Helper"? I lead off with it:
Booby Trapped Present
Greench's Gift

At this point most (not all) icespine hatchlings have died. If not, even the (weak) Club ability should be able to finish it off. Either way, the 2nd pet moves into a Booby Trapped Present Explosion and is in 1-2 Clubs of death. After killing off the 2nd pet, I do my carry pet swapping and then to my 3rd pet to finish it off (and spread out the damage a bit). The third pet you pick can be whatever you feel is good vs these enemies or that has some synergy with this team (healing for staying power, decoy for swaps if you didn't use Gargra for whatever reason, etc.).

I found the little booger to be very efficient as a lead off pet. Even though Club is weak vs beasts, I never had an icespine hatchling paired with other beasts and Greench's gift packs a wallop against them so even a weak attack was usually enough.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Valianya
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Valianya » January 29th, 2015, 3:24 am

I actually found a pretty good leveling area just outside the garrison. If you go out down the path at the main gate, just past the lava pool, head left. There should be a number of icespine hatchlings right around a rocky outcrop. Just circle the outcrop counterclockwise, battling. If you clear them out before the start of the circle respawns, there's a few more just across the way closer to the lava pool.

I found that if I put a carry pet in a group of two that can each solo the fight, then you can use one lvl 25 for two fights, use the next one for the next two fights, and by then your Draenic 4 minute heal should be ready to use, if not sooner. Rinse and repeat.

I used [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] (Breath, Bomb, Decoy) and [pet]Sprite Darter Hatchling[/pet] (Arcane Blast, Life Exchange, Moonfire) as my lvl 25 pets.

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » February 1st, 2015, 12:21 am

Peanutty wrote:
Catalytic wrote:I was leveling some in Pandaria, until I remembered I need to get that 2k Draenor battle achievement to unlock level 3 Menagerie :shock: So, I'm back to Draenor now (very slowly)
Wrong achieve :) - you need 150 wins in Draenor to unlock the level 3 Menagerie. Though if you're interested in the 2k achieve (for the monument) yes that only counts Draenor pet battles... and doesn't currently include menagerie battles on top of that.

Wait...what?!?!?! Gah, I thought it was the 2k one. I guess I can quit stalling and go finish it up then! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm at a whole 75 right now, can you tell pets haven't been my priority in WoD?)

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » February 1st, 2015, 12:37 am

So confused...been tracking "Draenor Pet Brawler" (2k wins) thinking it unlocked level 3 Menagerie. I'm at 75/2000 according to the tracking.

So I checked WoWHead for "Draenic Pet Battler" so I'd know where to find it in my achievements....when I added it to tracking, it says I'm at 115/500. (I know the 500 is a tooltip thing that's going to be fixed) WHY don't they agree???? They're both for Draenor pet battles, wth.