Keeping pet teams organized?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
NeverFinal
Pet Score:11088
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us
Keeping pet teams organized?

Post by NeverFinal » January 15th, 2015, 6:34 am

So I have well over 40 teams. I use PetBattle Teams addon right now but I dont like the way it displays my teams. A list of icons does not help me that much. How do you all keep your teams organized. I'd prefer a simple text list in order by the team name I give so that I can easily spot them. So if I name 2 teams DMF - Cristoph and DMF - (the other guy. I forgot lol). They would be in alphabetical order and much easier to spot instead of me having to find the pet icons or scroll up and down looking for the name.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Keeping pet teams organized?

Post by Jerebear » January 15th, 2015, 7:10 am

I use Rematch. It has a tabs available to organize teams, which helps me out a lot.

Some other nice things:
1. Awesome search feature: search by stats (power, health, speed, or level), search by ability name (Call Lightning, Blood in the Water, etc.), and search by ability/flavor text (you can search for things like: take double damage for).

2. Levelling (Carry) Pet queue which can have an option to auto sort (Ascending, Descending, Median) to always keep your queue in order as you add/lose pets

3. For teams named the same as the pet tamers, an Auto Loading feature (configurable to be on mouseover or on target) so that you don't have to go fish for teams all the time.

4. Has an option to import PetBattleTeams teams so you don't have to start all over.

5. Can have both PBT and Rematch running at the same time so you can test it out and compare.

6. Author is active (we even have a thread here that he responds to) and is constantly making changes based on community input.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 15th, 2015, 7:46 am

All I can do is second all that Jerebear said - Rematch is a phenominal tool for pet battling and team orginization. I have tabs for MoP tamers (for my guide), Beast of Fable (because I have duplicates), the Menagerie dailies, and general use. If I ever get into PvP they'll have their own tab, too. You can keep the teams in order by how you name them if you don't want to take advantage of the auto-team selection by putting numbers or letters in front of them but if you use numbers use leading zeroes otherwise it will sort them as 1, 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 2, 20. Hmmm, I should ask the author if he can make that a feature, to let you move the teams around and they will stay in that order so you can use the auto-team selection AND have them listed in an order you want... <wanders off to the other post> :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rendigar on January 15th, 2015, 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11088
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » January 15th, 2015, 9:47 am

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Ill check it out when I get home.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » January 15th, 2015, 1:32 pm

I'll 3rd that Rematch is the answer to tracking teams, auto-loading them for you on mouse-over is awesome.

I also really like the queue for leveling pets. (probably like this more than the team tabs/organizing) :lol:

It is a little confusing at first, but stick with it and you won't be disappointed. I do use both addons as well.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 15th, 2015, 4:56 pm

I'll add another vote for rematch. With the auto-loading of teams you don't really need to bother organizing things. I've got all my auto loaded teams in one tab and it's fine. I did create a second tab for those menagerie teams that don't auto load properly because you click on a post which you can target to start them to make them easier to deal with.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » January 15th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Kpb321 wrote:I'll add another vote for rematch. With the auto-loading of teams you don't really need to bother organizing things. I've got all my auto loaded teams in one tab and it's fine. I did create a second tab for those menagerie teams that don't auto load properly because you click on a post which you can target to start them to make them easier to deal with.
It is true you can't use the post but just pick one of the pets wandering around the post, I usually pick the one the wanders out the furthest in the middle near the ring opening, but it does work for any of them. Just have to mouse-over it. 8-)
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 16th, 2015, 2:49 pm

The author also posted that he's thinking about ways to handle it because the post does have a unique id it just doesn't quite let you target it like normal.

Oracle
Pet Score:2464
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Oracle » January 19th, 2015, 2:15 pm

I wish Blizz had a few more organization options based on team pairings. Someday maybe.