2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: 2 Pet Guide - Garrison Daily Manos, Fatos, Hanos

Post by Beave » January 18th, 2015, 8:48 pm

I tried Vipers' strat and it works well and is several less rounds than mine. I will say that my strat is so repeatable you could automate it with a macro if you were that type, and Vipers does seem more like 80% repeatable, but for leveling with biscuits it's definitely faster. Nice strat.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 19th, 2015, 2:29 am

I've been Powerleveling pets with a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling using my Emerald Proto-Whelp as the backup. The MPD can practically down all 3 of these pets. But the lowest carry pet I've done on this set was a level 12 Enchanted Broom. Manos' team has some AoE hits so you need a carry pet that has some HP to it to survive until you bring it in and can still take a hit of about 300HP

For the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (breath, thunderbolt, decoy)
For the Emerald Proto-Whelp (Breath, Ancient Blessing, Proto-Strike but will probably only need a few breaths).

Real simple.

Open with the MPD and Decoy.

Keep hitting with Breath. Should Manos get down to 250HP I use Thunderbolt so I can kill him off Manos and spread some of the pain to the other 2. Then back at Fatos with more Breath. Fatos is the toughest because he will do stuff that will blind your MPD and make Fatos himself Invisible. Just ignore and keep hitting with Breath. When Decoy comes up again put it out there. When Fatos is less than 250HP use Thunderbolt but eventually and Fatos will die bringing out Hanos. By now not much life left in your MPD but keep at it with the Breath until your MPD but make sure you don't kill off the last one. If Hanos gets down to 400HP then I'll pass on a turn so my MPD finally dies and I can swap in my carry pet.

Do a hit with the carry pet and swap out to your Whelp and finish the job (Nexus Whelping works well too)

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 19th, 2015, 8:46 am

Abbotta, if you go back to page 1 you can see the breakpoints for Thunderbolt use - it hits 3 pets for 197 and hits 2 pets for 296, so that's when you should use it. If you use Thunderbolt when the 1st pet is at 250 then you will need 1 more breath UNLESS you get a crit (not a good idea - using breath to finish him off is better).

Viper, I used your strat yesterday and it's definitely a nice smooth run through, it's worth keeping both strats available if you don't have the 500+ health carry pets since with the MPD + Zep combo the carry pet will only ever take the one AoE hit (if I get all lows with the MPD or the first pet knocks the MPD into the recovery round via crits I just forfeit and heal - it's faster than trying to finish the fight with at best 50/50 odds of winning).

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 19th, 2015, 11:57 am

Vipers wrote: 1 - Fel Flame* [H/H] (2-2-2)
2 - {carry} (500+ health required)
3 - Ominous Flame [-](2-2-2)

*: I tried different breeds and also tried Searing Scorchling, they may work, but you will have to juggle those Flashes between your carry pet and whoever is in your first slot. Assuming you don't have the correct breed (like me last week) this strategy will be a lot more unreliable.

vs Manos
- Scorched Earth > Flame Breath > Immolation > Flame Breath

vs Hanos

- switch to carry pet (he needs to soak this flash)
- send in the Ominous Flame > Forboding Curse > Scorched Earth > Spiritfire Bolt

vs Fatos
- Forboding Curse > Spiritfire Bolt > Scorched Earth**

**: If the RNG kills Ominous here and fatos is still alive, just send in the Fel Flame and use Scorched Earth.
I used this strategy yesterday and it worked well and was quick enough that I leveled up a couple pets to 25 with it. I had a H/S Fel Flame and it seemed work fine. There were a few times it was pretty close on him surviving so H/H would give you a little more breathing room but he only actually died once across numerous attempts. I'm pretty sure it would require two crits from Manos to actually kill him off. The carry pet does need a bit of HPs to survive the AE from Manos and the blind from Hanos and both are magic so fliers beware but I was finishing off pets that were already partially leveled and had plenty of hps so it was fine.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » February 3rd, 2015, 8:45 am

I tried Viper's strat but only had a HP fel flame. It worked once but the second and third try it got critted and died too soon. I'd say a HH fel flame would probably survive this so the right breed is vital for this strat. You need it to survive in order for the strat to work, due to the immo damage.

It is probably the best known strat out there, being short and with few variables. I highly recommend using higher level carries and saving the lvl 1-10 ones for days when they take zero damage or with safe trainers, instead of following some lengthy avoidance strat on this one.

Aur
Pet Score:9797
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Aur » February 3rd, 2015, 10:30 am

Ril wrote:I tried Viper's strat but only had a HP fel flame. It worked once but the second and third try it got critted and died too soon. I'd say a HH fel flame would probably survive this so the right breed is vital for this strat. You need it to survive in order for the strat to work, due to the immo damage.
My Fel Flame is HP also, and yes if Manos gets a couple of crits he won't survive and you have to swap in the Ominous early. Since Ominous goes in early he won't survive Hanos and then you need a higher level pet that can finish off the last bit of HP Hanos has. However, while an HP Fel Flame is subject to more RNG, I found that he worked far more often that not, and the fight is fast enough that you can reset if you really wanted to carry up a lowbie. I didn't find it to be too much of a hassle and not planning to go farm a HH Fel Flame just for this fight.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 3rd, 2015, 11:40 am

I think I only ran into that once in quite a few tries when I did my leveling and I had a h/s breed which would have had the same hps. There were some times when it was really close, like 10hps left close, but he didn't die. As far as I could tell it would actually take 2 crits or maybe 1 crit and all rolls on the top end of the damage for them to kill him off early. The H/H would definitely give him a little more margin for error.

Aenara
Pet Score:4504
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

How Low Can You Go

Post by Aenara » February 3rd, 2015, 7:04 pm

Vipers wrote:1 - Fel Flame* [H/H] (2-2-2)
2 - {carry} (500+ health required)
3 - Ominous Flame [-](2-2-2)

vs Manos
- Scorched Earth > Flame Breath > Immolation > Flame Breath

vs Hanos

- switch to carry pet (he needs to soak this flash)
- send in the Ominous Flame > Forboding Curse > Scorched Earth > Spiritfire Bolt

vs Fatos
- Forboding Curse > Spiritfire Bolt > Scorched Earth**

**: If the RNG kills Ominous here and fatos is still alive, just send in the Fel Flame and use Scorched Earth.
Looks like a number of people reported success with Vipers' strat. I'm here to do the same. The only losses were when the Fel Flame died early due to ridiculous crits. This happened twice out of many, many wins. By way of thanks I wanted to report some addition findings.

Vipers mentioned that the carry pet requires 500+ health. In actuality it varies based on the Family since the attacks are weak on some, strong on others. Here's a list of the absolute minimum health a carry pet must have to survive:
  • 374 Aquatic, Beast, Critter, Dragonkin, Humanoid
  • 266 Mechanical
  • 319 Elemental
  • 355 Undead
  • 402 Magic
  • 534 Flying
Note: These values reflect a "Please Blizz RNG No Crits" prayer. If Arcane Storm, Blind, or Scorched Earth happen to critical the carry pet may die if its health is too close to its minimum value.