Dont even know what those are, could use the filter to find seasonal pets

Help :P

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Re: Winter Pets

Post by Darolyn » January 18th, 2015, 2:49 pm

Snowy Owl in Winterspring is still around. I think that's the only pet with a winter conditional spawn, but I could be wrong.

ETA: There is a way to filter for this. Under your collection, change the collected filter to "has conditional spawn"

It'll show you all 12 pets that have a condition before they'll spawn. Snowy Owl is the only one that has Winter as the condition. :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Alekz
Pet Score:1829
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Alekz » January 18th, 2015, 3:04 pm

Thank you!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 18th, 2015, 6:50 pm

Alekz wrote:Is winter over? :P

I'm still on time to catch winter pets?
Don't worry, there's still plenty of time to catch the [pet]Snowy Owl[/pet]. The seasonal pets follow the Northern Hemisphere seasons; winter ends March 19 of this year. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » January 19th, 2015, 2:08 pm

Quintessence wrote:

Don't worry, there's still plenty of time to catch the [pet]Snowy Owl[/pet]. The seasonal pets follow the Northern Hemisphere seasons; winter ends March 19 of this year. :)
i have the snowy owl and that quiraji guardling....wasnt that the summer pet?

i know there are some insects that only spawn during a sandstorm....got that easy, and the baby ape took some camping.

what are the spring and fall pets?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 19th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Echinacea wrote:what are the spring and fall pets?
There's only 2 seasonal pets, winter's Snowy Owl and summer's Qiraji Guardling.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 21st, 2015, 3:39 am

Quintessence wrote:

That's NOT Northern Hemisphere standards.. That's USA standards..

I'm from Denmark, which is very much on the Northern Hemisphere, and we have a very very clear definition of seasons.
Winter: December to February
Spring: March to May
Summer: June to August
Autumn: September to November

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » January 21st, 2015, 7:27 am

FuxieDK wrote:That's NOT Northern Hemisphere standards.. That's USA standards..
No, it's not. The US uses the solar calender just like every other country does. Winter officially starts in the US on December 21 (ish.) Please don't equate someone not knowing the exact start of winter with the whole country... :P That's a wide brush to use for one short question.

Besides, the Snowy Owl was originally put out in November so I think there's probably that misinformation floating around.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 21st, 2015, 8:17 am

Kendrah wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:That's NOT Northern Hemisphere standards.. That's USA standards..
No, it's not. The US uses the solar calender just like every other country does. Winter officially starts in the US on December 21 (ish.) Please don't equate someone not knowing the exact start of winter with the whole country... :P That's a wide brush to use for one short question.

Besides, the Snowy Owl was originally put out in November so I think there's probably that misinformation floating around.
In Denmark, winter starts EXACTLY 1/12 and ends EXACTLY 28/2 (29 on leap year)..

It have ALWAYS been that way, so your "every other country" statement does not apply..

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 21st, 2015, 8:51 am

Isn't it summer in Australia?

Why can't I get my one last fricking pet I need for Zookeeper on my Oceanic server.

Why oh why must I wait 150 days to finish a damn achievement.

*** sigh ***

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 21st, 2015, 12:35 pm

FuxieDK wrote:...so your "every other country" statement does not apply..
When you come to talking about the world at large FuxieDK's statement is dead on. There are NO absolutes when you start talking humans, culture, language, and politicians (and the special interests that pay them). Sure, it'd be nice if every country abolished whatever form of Daylight Savings Time they follow (or everyone adopts the same bloody one) and agrees on the same start/end of seasons but it's not going to happen - humans are the most perverse thing in the universe and we will always screw up something that is working perfectly fine, just because! :twisted: I am 100% positive that nature doesn't care that October 12th is not officially winter, if it wants to dump 6 inches to 2 feet of snow on my home, it's bloody well going to do it (and has... done it on April 4th, too).

Governments make decisions (whether with or without citizen input) based on where they are - and Denmark is far further north than probably 95% of everyone in the United States. Me, I'd love it if every season was exactly 3 months in length, starting on the 1st day of month X and ending on the last day of month X+2, no matter what the length of the month is. But yeah, not gonna happen.

I am guessing Blizzard has kept the Oceanic and is it South American(?) servers tied to the North American servers purely to keep the data in the same systems instead of spinning off seperate database instances. This has the side benefit of allowing players access to more servers to make alts to collect pets (like making a DK on a low population server to get our Minfernals) and also access to more time zones to avoid the high traffic times when farming said Minfernal or Val'kyr. Unfortunately it has the disadvantage of making everyone south of the equator suffer from the seasons as decided by where the majority of the servers live (or just what Blizzard's CEO picked out of a hat, what do I know?).

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » January 22nd, 2015, 6:18 am

FuxieDK wrote:It have ALWAYS been that way, so your "every other country" statement does not apply..
This is true and I apologize.

Chromie
MVP

Post by Chromie » January 22nd, 2015, 7:49 am

The confusing time schedule aside (which Blizz has changed on more than one occation)

The date that is currently used is posted under Note tab at the bottom of the first page for the pets themselfes. And according to those [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/flying/owls/snowy-owl/]Snowy Owl[/url] spawns from Dec. 21st to June 20 and [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/humanoid/miscellaneous/qiraji-guardling/]Qiraji Guardling[/url] from June 21st to Dec. 20.

P.S. Im from Denmark myself, and from my experience the WOW time schedule has never followed ours ;)

Gl and happy hunting
//Chromie

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » January 22nd, 2015, 8:12 am

The 2015 Calendar:

[pet]Snowy Owl[/pet] will stop spawning March 20th

[pet]Qiraji Guardling[/pet] will begin spawning June 21st and will stop spawning September 23rd

[pet]Snowy Owl[/pet] will begin spawning December 22nd

Last year I confirmed that these pets DO follow the northern hemisphere solstices, so these dates are exact. Hope this clears it up and helps those still looking! :)

Chromie
MVP

Post by Chromie » January 22nd, 2015, 8:35 am

That was more clear info :P And nice to know u can confirm it urself, i would hope WCP would add this to the pet-info tab so there is an easy way to look it up in the future

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » January 22nd, 2015, 10:03 am

i found the only REAL way to know if the owl is spawning is if you see lot of people flying all over winterspring doing pet battles.

when i logged on at some weird hour i took the flight from orgrimmar to check and see and the first pet i got was a grey owl

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 22nd, 2015, 3:32 pm

Chromie wrote:That was more clear info :P And nice to know u can confirm it urself, i would hope WCP would add this to the pet-info tab so there is an easy way to look it up in the future
We've added clearer start and end spawn dates to the [pet]Snowy Owl[/pet] and [pet]Qiraji Guardling[/pet]'s pages. You can find the information in the Notes section of their profiles. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » January 24th, 2015, 4:39 pm

Now let's discuss the metric system...

Pinyin
Pet Score:4663
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Pinyin » January 25th, 2015, 1:42 am

Gwenolyn wrote:Now let's discuss the metric system...
\

I loved driving on the autobahn in Germany, I always felt like I was going so much faster than I really was (1oo kmp sounds zippier than 60mph).