new stuff to look for on 6.1

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
new stuff to look for on 6.1

Post by Topaz » January 10th, 2015, 3:29 pm

Altough there isnt a date for the patch yet, some pet-related items have been datamined:
1. first of all the new Raiding with Leashes that we waited for with pet from the BC raids : Black Temple, Hyjal Summit and Sunwell Plateau.
the following datamined pets are: (note that the bosses noted arent confirmed by blizzard but a speculation
Black Temple -
- Leviathan Hatchling - droped from High Warlord Naj'entus (icon shows a small green hydra similar to [url=http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/27033.jpgurl]Leviathan[/url] a mob that can be found near High Warlord Naj'entus)
- Abyssius - droped for Supremus (icon shows a miniture version of Supremus)
- Fragment of Anger, Fragment of Desire, Fragment of Suffering - all 3 are droped from Reliquary of the Lost (icon shows a miniture version of Reliquary of the Lost)
- Sister of Temptation - droped from Mother Shahraz (icon shows a face of a succubus)
Hyjal Summit -
- Stinkrot - droped from either Rage Winterchill or Anetheron altough being an undead pet Rage Winterchill seems a more proper choise (icon shows a ghoul)
- Grotesque - (icon shows a gargoyle)
- Hyjal Wisp - droped from Archimonde (icon shows a purple wisp)
Sunwell Plateau -
- Sunblade Micro-Defender - (icon shows a black-green version of the Sunreaver Micro-Sentry)
- Chaos Pup - (icon shows a 2-headed dog demon similar to [url=http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/resized/242958.jpgurl]Occu'thar[/url])
- Wretched Servant (icon shows a Wretched)
- Achievement reward - K'ute (icon shows a naru)
(there is an entire thread with speculation on this achievement)

2. Another item that will be added is the Ultimate Battle-Training Stone which raise the pet lvl to 25.

3. A new battle pet from DM - Race MiniZep Controller

4. Abilites
Haywire will become Mechanical insted of Beast

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Re: new stuff to look for on 6.1

Post by Stella3 » January 10th, 2015, 10:38 pm

OMG Those all sound amazing!! Too bad I dont raid, suppose I will have to save my gold then lol.

I wish they would let us auction off pet bandages as I know the new pet battlers never have enough of them while the rest of us more accomplished collectors have more of those than we can vendor away for 5 silver.

And that insta level 25 stone *drools* wouldnt it be neat if it also made your pet rare and max level?!

And lastly, how about the ultimate stone which not only hits you to 25 and makes you rare (if not already rare) but also lets you pick breed?! *dies from the many ideas*

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » January 10th, 2015, 10:52 pm

Stella3 wrote:OMG Those all sound amazing!! Too bad I dont raid, suppose I will have to save my gold then lol.
I'm certain the bosses for these pets should be fully solo-able at 100, so you should be fine!

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » January 11th, 2015, 7:32 am

Wait, they are included in old content?!

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 11th, 2015, 7:50 am

Stella3 wrote:Wait, they are included in old content?!
Yep, Raiding with Leashes is an achievement series that gets you to collect pets from old, lower-level raids. The 3 mentioned here; Black Temple, Mount Hyjal and Sunwell Plateau are from the Burning Crusade expansion, so tuned for level 70 players. :)

I can confirm that Black Temple is trivial at 90+, as I've been farming transmog gear there on several characters. Not sure about Hyjal or Sunwell yet, last time I tried Sunwell I got stuck on some dragon boss who kept mind-controlling me, but I'm sure it's doable if you know what you're doing. :)

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » January 11th, 2015, 8:09 am

Ooooh, excellent! As a rogue I've been soloing Bt for ages, and sometimes pop into SWP and Hyjal just to kill some time. Brilliant news :mrgreen:

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » January 11th, 2015, 8:10 am

with this raiding with leashes, we seem to be done with burning crusade, so northrend next! :o

and at 90, I farmed BT as well, and soloed hyjal a few times with ease, but the running is annoying. I could never solo sunwell, mainly because Im a mage, and Brutalis (or whatever he is called) hit clothies hard still. HOWEVER, now we have the old content buff, and as a mage Im easible soloing firelands, so sunwell should be piece of cake.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » January 11th, 2015, 9:44 am

Soloed sunwell tons at 90 as an elly shaman, wasnt terribly hard. Only thing you had to be remotely careful of, was the 3 sunwell slayers in the beginning.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 11th, 2015, 9:55 am

I need more pets that I could feasible get.

I'm at 501 and have come to conclusion that it will almost be impossible to get to 600 without spending real cash to get to that number.

I didn't mind spending money to get the pets out of the WoW pet store (who doesn't want L'il Rag). At least spending that money ensured I would get a pet.

But I'm thinking I would have to invest in trading cards to get to 600 and that is money I do not want to spend.

but it is fun trying!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 11th, 2015, 10:52 am

Abbotta wrote:I need more pets that I could feasible get.

I'm at 501 and have come to conclusion that it will almost be impossible to get to 600 without spending real cash to get to that number.

I didn't mind spending money to get the pets out of the WoW pet store (who doesn't want L'il Rag). At least spending that money ensured I would get a pet.

But I'm thinking I would have to invest in trading cards to get to 600 and that is money I do not want to spend.

but it is fun trying!
Just wanted to toss over some encouragement here and let you know that you don't have to buy pets to get to 600. There are at least 683 pets ingame that don't require CE pets or store pets or TCG pets. Some of them (but not many) might require waiting for a holiday, but there are definitely more than 600 available in game for you to work on right now.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » January 11th, 2015, 4:34 pm

All 3 raids were very easy on a lvl 90 with soo flex gear.
since tons of ppl run BT every week for glaives the pets from it will be pretty cheap.
sunwell takes about 15 minutes do to so again no reason to not farm it.
hyjall summit on the other hand is the worst raid mechanic that blizzard created and NO one runs this raid beside the achivement and the reputaion. also it takes about an hour to complete because of the waves mechanic. (expect the pets from there to cost a butt-load)

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » January 12th, 2015, 3:09 pm

Only part I found time-consuming about Hyjal was the trash on the 3rd/4th bosses (at the orc camp). The trash on the first two is no problem and goes very quickly as it all comes right to you. Starting with the 3rd boss you get the infernals, gargoyles and frost wyrms that are all over the place and take some hunting down.

Also unless they change it, the first boss can be a bit dangerous. One of his mechanics (don't recall which... DnD maybe) is based off of a percentage of health. That kills you no matter what level you are.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » January 12th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Abbotta wrote:I need more pets that I could feasible get.

but it is fun trying!
Just wanted to toss over some encouragement here and let you know that you don't have to buy pets to get to 600. There are at least 683 pets ingame that don't require CE pets or store pets or TCG pets. Some of them (but not many) might require waiting for a holiday, but there are definitely more than 600 available in game for you to work on right now.
Yea, I'll just add to this. Stay after it, it is attainable. I'm currently at 594 and I have never paid money for a TcG pet. I did manage to buy a couple TcG pets off the AH, but I think I only have 2 or 3. So just keep plugging along, you'll get there soon enough.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » January 13th, 2015, 10:26 am

Blixtiya wrote:with this raiding with leashes, we seem to be done with burning crusade, so northrend next! :o

and at 90, I farmed BT as well, and soloed hyjal a few times with ease, but the running is annoying. I could never solo sunwell, mainly because Im a mage, and Brutalis (or whatever he is called) hit clothies hard still. HOWEVER, now we have the old content buff, and as a mage Im easible soloing firelands, so sunwell should be piece of cake.
what mage spec? my only 100 is a mage and sometimes i have to use arcance and sometimes fire. my ilevel is 615 so that may not be enough to tackle some things.

Bobbyjoe
Pet Score:3628
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Bobbyjoe » January 13th, 2015, 10:50 am

Echinacea wrote:
Blixtiya wrote:with this raiding with leashes, we seem to be done with burning crusade, so northrend next! :o

what mage spec? my only 100 is a mage and sometimes i have to use arcance and sometimes fire. my ilevel is 615 so that may not be enough to tackle some things.

My main is a frost mage and I have solo'ed BT, Sunwell and Firelands at level 90. I haven't tried Hyjal Summit though.

I would assume either of the specs you are currently using will suffice. Mage Burst DPS FTW :)

Wakka
Pet Score:4324
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Wakka » January 13th, 2015, 12:35 pm

All of these raids were soloable for all classes at level 90, so should be very trivial at level 100. Black Temple is very large and does take a little time to get through. There are a few little tricks to know (like don't pull too much trash at a time in the Den of Mortal Delights, cuz you'll get chain cc'd), but for the most part should be very straight forward. Sunwell is a fairly quick place to get through, just watch the breath from Felmyst so you don't get MC'd and it should be easy enough. Hyjal is time consuming for the number of bosses as there are long events proceeding a number of the bosses spawning. Still takes less time than Black Temple, but feels longer because of the design.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 13th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Wakka wrote:All of these raids were soloable for all classes at level 90
If you are a tank or DPS specialization this is probably true, there are some places a pure healer might have issues killing things in a timely manner (and as a tank at 90 the first boss in Mount Hyjal was always hard - a healer with HOTs might do better, not sure). Also in Mount Hyjal the fights with flyers is annoying without a spammable ranged attack (doable, just annoying). Just remember that you will be 27+ levels higher than everything so a large amount of the trash can just be ignored and bypassed. You can even skirt the 1st boss in Sunwell (which had an annoying mechanic to deal with solo).

Once the pets and achievement are in place I am sure several people will post their thoughts on the "speed runs" for these places. Unfortunately in Mount Hyjal the events are timed waves (can't bypass) and in the Black Temple the last couple of bosses (including Mother Shahraz) cannot be reached until the first six bosses are cleared to unlock the door (IIRC).

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 13th, 2015, 2:50 pm

For those worried about not being able to farm this stuff, I was regularly soloing Hyjal, BT and Sunwell during Cata (lvl 85) so they're VERY doable now with the level difference.

If you really find it a struggle though, just bring a trusted friend or two and agree to run it weekly until everyone gets what they need. Or I'm sure there'll be a lot of trading of these going on once they're available, so it'll be easy to swap extras for one you're missing.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 21st, 2015, 2:56 am

Gilneas wrote:
Stella3 wrote:OMG Those all sound amazing!! Too bad I dont raid, suppose I will have to save my gold then lol.
I'm certain the bosses for these pets should be fully solo-able at 100, so you should be fine!
They were soloable at 85 and faceroll at 90..
At 100, you only need to be able to draw breath to kill them.

Post by Guest » January 21st, 2015, 4:32 am

Rendigar wrote:
Wakka wrote: Unfortunately in Mount Hyjal the events are timed waves (can't bypass) and in the Black Temple the last couple of bosses (including Mother Shahraz) cannot be reached until the first six bosses are cleared to unlock the door (IIRC).
While my 601 Spriest does not qualify as a healer, I cleared Mt Hyjal just to see how bad it would be for someone who does not know a class and is way undergeared at level cap to solo. No boss took me more than 2 minutes to kill and trash packs did not live for more than 2 pulses of an AOE.

I just stood still in a trash pack and because of the 30 level difference I lost no health.

Again, this was a class I do not know, undergeared at level cap. If you are a healer the only problem you are going to have is staying awake. It takes more time to travel between trash than it does to kill the packs by an order of magnitude. The only reason you will be buying these pets off the AH is if A) you have too much Gold, in which case you could buy crafted 640+ gear as a better investment, or you simply do not want to take 45 minutes per raid to run them each week until you have sacrificed enough gnomes to appease the RNG.