Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
Dream Battle Pet Achievement Goal and Reward

Post by Abbotta » January 12th, 2015, 3:37 pm

With the new pets and new achievements out there I would love to propose the ultimate idea in pet collecting/achievement/rewards pet.

The Mini-Me Pet.

I have to say that battle pets are one reason I've stayed in WoW, it's a fun challenge and getting ready to start PvPing. Wouldn't it be great to have a mini-version of yourself as a battle pet?

Obviously the biggest issue is which toon would it be a mini version. Perhaps once you get the rewards you would get a BOA certificate that would allow you to turn it into the battle tamer and at that point in time the mini-me pet is created from the way you look. (If you wanted to change the look of your mini me you'd have to pay gold for the change but the abilities would always be the same).

To get one you'd have to create a set of achievements that would be considered a well rounded battle pet collector including:
* 600 pets gathered
* All the Pet Safari Achievements
* All the Pet Tamer Achievements including Celestials.
* All 3 Raiding with Leashes Challenges
* Plushie Challenge
* Series of PvP Achievements (I have none of those done yet but would be needed)
* X number of pets at level 25

I think that would be an amazing set of goals that if anyone can complete it is deserving of a mini version of themselves for a battle pet!

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Re: Dream Battle Pet Achievement Goal and Reward

Post by Darolyn » January 12th, 2015, 4:03 pm

I think that's a great idea but I think it should morph to whatever toon is playing it. So if I take it out on my Warlock, it's a mini warlock, but when my main is playing it, it's a warrior.

Although, I do like the idea of making it look like, say, my warlock, and having my main drag it along, because I think of my main as "mama" and the rest as her little girls. Since my main usually sends everything the alts need.

It would be really cute to have my little girl(s) able to trail along behind their mama.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: Dream Battle Pet Achievement Goal and Reward

Post by Abbotta » January 12th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Darolyn wrote:I think that's a great idea but I think it should morph to whatever toon is playing it. So if I take it out on my Warlock, it's a mini warlock, but when my main is playing it, it's a warrior.

Although, I do like the idea of making it look like, say, my warlock, and having my main drag it along, because I think of my main as "mama" and the rest as her little girls. Since my main usually sends everything the alts need.

It would be really cute to have my little girl(s) able to trail along behind their mama.
Not sure how easy it would be to have the mini-me morph automatically into whatever toon you happen to be playing especially since many of us have dozens of toons (and dozens of transmorged outfits - would mini-me change outfits too?). If you couldn't do it upon summoning the pet at least you should be able to go to some sort of 'pet transmorger' to make the switch for a fee. However since this would be the ultimate battle pet collector rewards it wouldn't be like hundreds of these pets out there available to everyone. I would suspect maybe only less than 5% of the players would be able to make this achieve; however, perhaps more people would be interested in battle pets if they knew they could get a mini version of themselves.

I adore the idea as the 'mama and the rest of her girls'