Farming Lil' Leftover sucks

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
Farming Lil' Leftover sucks

Post by Colar » January 3rd, 2015, 3:32 am

A whole lotta farming, had to replace Ephemeral Fishing Poles 6 or 7 times (24 hours limit), enough killing to get me on DEHTA's KOS list. I can't even visit Northrend anymore. And a couple thousand golds on AH to buy just a little more mats and for listing fee to dump excess stuff.

I also had to restart cooking fire a few dozen times. I remember when you needed stuff to actually start a cooking fire.

I've made almost 1,500 water feasts (which would make any raid very happy for a long time) and over 750 assorted 100-stats food made.

Not a single Lil' Leftover at all

:x RNG sucks.

Iamste
Pet Score:3340
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Re: Farming Lil' Leftover sucks

Post by Iamste » January 3rd, 2015, 7:07 am

i can only hope you're taking the opportunity to get the fishing meta out of the way as well to get the level 3 fishing shack :)

good luck! i haven't even tried yet, dreading it.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » January 3rd, 2015, 7:55 am

Now, now Blizz knows that everyones favorite part of the game is RNG. /s

I've thought for a long time that with so many things dependent on RNG they need to modify RNG. Something like a weighted system would be a little fairer. For example after a 100 attempts your chance of success increases by 10% after 100 more another 10% and so on. The number of attempts and percentage could vary based on the object involved and plugged into the RNG before it determines the outcome.

Until and if that happens your best bet is to sacrifice an irrational number to the RNG gods.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 3rd, 2015, 12:36 pm

I'm using this pet as an excuse to level fishing (done) and cooking on all my higher level alts (halfway done). And I'll continue to try and get one to drop myself. But with the drop rate so low I've already I caved and bought a couple of them.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » January 3rd, 2015, 2:05 pm

I've created two Leftovers so far. Both of them dropped when creating Frosty Stew. I've cooked a total of 500 STACKS of Frosty Stew to get those two. I've also cooked about 500 stacks of other +100 food (and that's likely conservative) but they've not dropped a leftovers. I don't really now the numbers behind what the drop rate is and whether I've been lucky or unlucky.

I've spent around $40k I'd guess on materials for those two to have dropped. Now, I realize that I can sell some of what I've created, but let's just say, it saturates the market pretty quickly when you've got that much food to unload!

I'll check the AH multiple times per day to see what's <relatively> inexpensive as far as creating +100 food is concerned, if anything strikes me as being reasonably priced, I"ll buy 1000 or so of the material (any less and I don't really feel like it's worth my time) and crank out the food. First time I saw "Leftovers" I nearly screamed. Then I decided to chase another. Took a LONG time to see it!

Morthya
Pet Score:5514
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Morthya » January 3rd, 2015, 2:27 pm

I gave up in the end, and bought one off the AH for 17k - luckily I'd just sold an epic trinket, which meant I had some extra cash around :)

Good luck to you for doing it the hard way :)

Erleichda
Pet Score:2768
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Erleichda » January 5th, 2015, 6:39 am

With savage feasts being what they are the demand for any other food is quite low anyway. This kind of inspired me to actually look up how many feast of the waters I have made and it added up to just under 5000 (or 1000 crafts) without getting a leftovers yet.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » January 5th, 2015, 11:02 am

I have 3 cows (each appeared the instant I upgraded my 3 barns to level 3) but no lil' leftover despite creating thousands of delicacies. At least I am making a little bit of gold selling the food (vs cost of materials I don't farm.)

As for sharky I'm about 1/3 of the way there.

Those are the only two pets left for me.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » January 5th, 2015, 12:06 pm

GilroyKilroy wrote:I have 3 cows (each appeared the instant I upgraded my 3 barns to level 3) but no lil' leftover despite creating thousands of delicacies. At least I am making a little bit of gold selling the food (vs cost of materials I don't farm.)

As for sharky I'm about 1/3 of the way there.

Those are the only two pets left for me.
Why hello GilroyKilroy; you knocked me down to #2! I went the easy route on both the shark and the leftovers. Granted, I crafted more food than I will ever need and fished up a lunker or two before doing so, still...kind of sold out a bit I suppose.

Anyways, last night I got Trunks making my current pet list complete (for those pets attainable). If you go slow enough, I will dethrone you briefly during the next Archimedes daily...just briefly though.. :)

Colar

Post by Colar » January 5th, 2015, 7:13 pm

Almost 200 batches frosty stew (almost 1.000 dishes) and still no Lil' Leftovers
i can only hope you're taking the opportunity to get the fishing meta out of the way as well to get the level 3 fishing shac
Long done, with Nat standing there laughing at me. The only profession related achievement I haven't done are a number of MoP archaeology, those are more evil because it's more RNG dependent plus a lot of moving around.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 6th, 2015, 7:45 pm

Decided to do it through Frosty Stew, mainly because I already had hundreds of the fish portion on an alt, and a ton of frostweed.

Raw Talbuk Meat is going for 4-6g each on my server.

Bladefist, a server I have a lowbie alt on for pet trading purposes? Less than 1g each.

Grr...

At least I'll get Steamwheedle Rep from grinding talbuks!

Hopefully it only takes me a few thousand dishes, and not millions. ;)

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

GilroyKilroy
MVP

Post by GilroyKilroy » January 6th, 2015, 11:28 pm

Badpathing wrote:Why hello GilroyKilroy; you knocked me down to #2! I went the easy route on both the shark and the leftovers. Granted, I crafted more food than I will ever need and fished up a lunker or two before doing so, still...kind of sold out a bit I suppose.
Guess what I just cooked up? :lol:

Sorry.

Colar

Post by Colar » January 9th, 2015, 11:30 am

Cooked up something too. Talbuk meat were cheap, 1g a pop so I got over 1,000 meat. I also fished up over 1,000 fish flesh. I only had 74 herb so I was going to burn it all.

Lil' Leftover popped in my bag after just about 50 batches. So I got 925 talbuk meat and 925 fish flesh left. Maybe I'll keep cooking when I get more herb for more lil' leftovers.

My alt will also be very happy. The bank and all bags are stuffed full of frosty stews and other stuff I cooked. They sell pretty slowly on AH as many people prefers to eat off savage feast.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » January 10th, 2015, 6:11 pm

I've fished up 54 Lunkers and cooked all the fish; no Lil' Leftovers yet; I use my trading post to get the meat when I make Frosty Stew etc; so when I do get it at least it will be free.

I might do what you guys did and get a bunch all at once, put on my chef hat, and pray really hard to RNG gods. (I've been doing small batches.)

I've "only" cooked 1200ish feasts (I see some of you have cooked many more than that). So I'll keep at it. I wonder if I'll get Pagle's mount or Lil' Leftovers first?

Erleichda
Pet Score:2768
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Erleichda » January 11th, 2015, 2:02 am

People have actually gotten it from making feast of the waters right? I would hate to learn that the recipe isn't even eligible.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481

Post by Sibi » January 11th, 2015, 2:08 am

Both of my spawned on Frosty Stew. I've made a ton of Fishy Feasts and Gorgrond Chowder as well.

Tamor
Pet Score:11207
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Tamor » January 11th, 2015, 5:27 am

I followed the advice given here and cooked up Frosty Stews as Raw Talbuk Meat was cheap on my realm yesterday.
I have over 5000 Frosty Stews sitting in my banker alts guild bank with no idea what to do with them but I did get 4 Lil' Leftovers from that all that cooking. :D
I would have happily bought one from ah but none have been posted on my realm according to TUJ. Neither has Land Shark so that will be my next grind and one I'm not looking forward to having only gotten 11 coins so far.
Best of luck to all who are still trying

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 11th, 2015, 5:18 pm

So, is Lil' Leftover coming from Frosty Stew so often because people cook a lot of Frosty Stew, (because people say they get it from that), or are people cooking a lot of Frosty Stew because it's the best proc rate for Lil' Leftovers? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

You would think any +100 food or feast could drop it, equal chance. Reason I'm wondering is I'm currently farming the AH for cheap meat while I'm at work, and I want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot by not buying Talbuk Meat. Talbuk Meat is insanely expensive on my server. So expensive that I'm considering buying it from my trading post and selling it on the AH.

I'd really like to get this guy...and I'd like to do it as efficiently as possible.

Thoughts?
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481

Post by Sibi » January 11th, 2015, 5:47 pm

It's likely that any 100 stat food procs it since I've read other people getting it from feasts and other things.
It probably just so happens that mats for the stew are cheaper on our servers so we're buying it up instead of farming it out.
Last edited by Sibi on January 11th, 2015, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GilroyKilroy
MVP

Post by GilroyKilroy » January 11th, 2015, 5:52 pm

Any 100 stat food.