Easy strat for Scrags/Grubbles/stings

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Monkeykibble
Pet Score:2069
Realm:Dark Iron-us
Easy strat for Scrags/Grubbles/stings

Post by Monkeykibble » January 10th, 2015, 1:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7fCbqA8li8

Credit doesn't belong to me, but I found it while searching for a strat. Uses Zandalari Kneebiter/Chrominius and Lil' Bling. In my experience only needed to use the first two pets

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: Easy strat for Scrags/Grubbles/stings

Post by Abbotta » January 10th, 2015, 3:22 pm

Today is serious pet leveling.

If you have one Chrominius and an Iron Starlette you can do some serious pet leveling of anything level 10-12 and up provided they aren't weak against flying and can pull at least one hit for 225hp. The Iron Starlette can get Sting down to about 216 then bring in the final pet and finish it off.

I think I got about 4-5 pets up to 25 today including my Viscidus Globule and Spectral Porcupette.

Foxxi
Pet Score:4446
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Foxxi » January 10th, 2015, 8:59 pm

I've been using it all day to level pets, don't even need any special requirement, they can be lvl 1 of any type my battles go like this:

Anubisath Idol 1,1,1
Iron Starlette 1,1,1

Start With the idol:
round 1: Sandstorm
Round 2-6: crush
Round 7: Deflection
round 8: Sandstorm
Round 9+: crush until Grubbles dies

Scrags comes out - switch to leveling pet. Scrags always uses the stun on the first turn and it does no damage so your leveling pet will be fine. Then switch back to Anubisath

(depending on what sort of damage Anubisath has taken you may want to deflect once - just not on the first round as you won't get attacked anyway, the goal is to make it to the next clobber cooldown so that the starlette doesn't take it, and to do enough damage to Scrags that the starlette won't need supercharge)
Round 1: Crush
Round 2: Crush(or deflection)
Round 3: Crush
Round 4: Crush
Round 5: Crush (you’ll be stunned)
Round 6: Swap to Starlette

Round 1: Powerball (if scrags has over 1096 HP, otherwise just the two windups)
Round 2: Windup
Round 3: Windup

Stings comes out

Round 1: windup
Round 2: supercharge
Round 3: windup

My Iron Starlette is a P/S breed and I'm not sure if it works with other breeds, but I'd be interested to know. I got the basic premise for this from AeroKargath's post on wowhead, but found I needed to tweak it for reliability.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 11th, 2015, 3:53 am

Foxxi wrote:
My Iron Starlette is a P/S breed and I'm not sure if it works with other breeds, but I'd be interested to know. I got the basic premise for this from AeroKargath's post on wowhead, but found I needed to tweak it for reliability.
My Iron Starlette is P/P which is probably why I can't put super low level pets in for the carry pets. My Starlette packs a punch but is slow as can be so she leaves about 226HP left on that last pet and I have to use the 3rd pet to finish it off.

But I've been trying to raise my overall pet average (I'm at 14.2 right now). It's getting harder for me to collect more pets and I know the only way I 'll go up in rank is higher pet levels. So it's all good.

I haven't tried the Idol but like Chrominus because it's quick.