Gold for game codes

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lived
Pet Score:1297
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Gold for game codes

Post by Lived » January 9th, 2015, 11:32 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this please let me know and I'll move it, thank you. I see people on here wanting to trade Blizzcon pets or Collectors Edition game keys for gold is that ban-able or frowned upon what would happen if it is done? Or what is the best way of doing this so the other party and myself are not at risk at high risk? we all love our main accounts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thank you all for your time and help!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Gold for game codes

Post by Peanutty » January 9th, 2015, 11:42 pm

As far as I know they're still considered "unsupported transactions" by Blizzard so if you get ripped off, they will not help you to recover your funds/items. So it's up to you to decide if you want to risk doing it.

I haven't had any problems doing trades here. The best protection you have is to check the trade history of the other person to see if they're successfully completing trades. As a general rule the person with less trade history goes first but stuff like that is up to the parties involved to sort through. If you don't have a lot of experience trading and still feel a bit uncertain, then I'd say start small and work your way up to bigger trades so that you get a better feel of what to expect.

Lived

Post by Lived » January 9th, 2015, 11:50 pm

So as long as the trade goes smoothly there is no issue with either party it would be really slim that someone would get in trouble resulting in a ban?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 10th, 2015, 12:40 am

I have not heard of anyone getting banned after doing code trades on here. I would think that if it did become an issue that the site moderators would update the trading rules right away (here's the current trading rules for this site.)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 10th, 2015, 2:04 am

[profile]Peanutty[/profile] pretty much summed it up!

As for trading here on WarcraftPets, I'd like to highlight a few specific rules.
3.) All trades MUST involve pets. Any individual transaction that does not offer the result of at least one player in the exchange receiving a pet or pet-related service will be locked and/or removed.

4.) Certain pets are prohibited from being traded on our site due to the potential for scamming and problematic transactions. Here is a [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7492]list of prohibited pets[/url] that CANNOT be traded on our forums. Threads attempting to trade said pets will be removed.

5.) Trading for real-world money (such as PayPal) is strictly prohibited. Only digital transactions are permitted. This may include any of the following:
- Gold
- Pets redeemed in-game
- Pet-related services (such as pet leveling)*
- In-game items
- Blizzard Store pets*
- B.net currency*
- Digital Deluxes/CEs*
- RAF transactions*

*CAUTION: Trading Blizzard Store Pets, Digital Deluxes/CEs, RAF transactions, pet-related services and B.net balance cards are conducted solely at your own risk. If scams do happen as a result of such trades, Blizzard will NOT assist in the recovery of gold and/or lost or stolen items.

NOTE: WarcraftPets is not responsible for the outcome of trades conducted through this forum. We expect that all members who decide to trade with others will do so with honor and integrity. But we will NOT moderate any disputes that might arise. Please settle the matter in private. Naming and shaming or calling out specific persons is not allowed, and posts or threads that do so will be deleted.
We actively watch our trade forums, but overall the community has done a good job of self-moderating. As always, if you see a trade post that is questionable or violates any of our trade/forum/website guidelines, please use the report function and moderators will look into it.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Lived

Post by Lived » January 10th, 2015, 11:05 am

Thank you everyone who took the time to read my page. Your replies were extremely helpful. I just didn't know if Blizzard notice such a large transaction of gold, with all the gold sellers in World of Warcraft.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » January 11th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Well, I can pretty much assure you that Blizz doesn't ban for this. I had a transaction go awry on me when I was trying to do a RAF. I actually put in a ticket on it. I didn't get any resolution from that (not that I really expected it), but neither did I get in trouble.